Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:25 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You are aware, of course, that much of the opposition to the various proposals (there is no bill yet) is because of the inclusions of the GOP and Blue Dog's provisions? Those of us on the left think the proposals are nothing but crap at this point. The last thing we want is more concessions to the insurance company loving right wing.
Ya, that stupid little provision that the Republicans wanted in the "proposal" to exclude insurance for illegal aliens in the bill (and the Democrats blocked). BTW, I'm a conservative and I HATE the insurance companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 06:27 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
This administration does not want informed voters. The Obama supporters here prove that they are getting their way.
The right wing spreads misinformation as a scare tactic which get hysterically posted here to which the people you perceive to be Obama supporters counter with the truth which is promptly and continuously ignored by the hysterical right wing sheep.

How can you get it so wrong? Clearly it is the Right relying on voters -- and non-voters, for that matter -- not being informed. How do you twist your reality to be the opposite of what it is? How are you able to project the condition of the Right onto the Left and be so blind about what you are doing?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
What requirements,who made them up? who said it meets the basic requirement.Obamba dosnt know how they will pay for it. that to me is a big requirement.ITS like going to the car dealer flat broke and saying I want that new car give it to me. that is what obamba is doing telling congress I want that health bill pass. He doesnt even have a health bill of his very own.Is he afraid of rejection WHY DOESNT he come up some ideas of his own HE leaves everything up to congress and the house to craft all the bill. he wanted to be president show me some leadership
I will agree with you on that. He should have been out there providing the lead on this. He should have told the Congress "this is what I want to accomplish and this is what I need to do it" instead of sitting back and letting things happen. I like Obama but his handling of this has not been good. Just keeping it honest.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 PM

422 posts, read 756,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I emailed David Scott and told him to pass it! We have compromised enough on it. And it doesn't have to be bi partisan. We have the votes to do it without allowing the Republicans to murder the bill.

I emailed my congressman here in Texas and I'm for it, so thanks for the advice eventhough it's not the response you were hoping for im with you kevk

Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
I e-mailed all my Members of Congress and asked them to kill Obamacare as it is currently written - and to make sure that the GOP plan gets fair hearings in both Houses of Congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies