Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 AM

369 posts, read 964,213 times

Advertisements

Found this on another forum and thought I'd share;

Quote:
There are three people in this pic. Two are supposedly old friends. One has been accused of racist behavior.

So which one offers a helping hand?
This link is safe for work, however it may offend some.

Amazing how some folks relax and let their guard down when they think there aren't any cameras around , eh ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 06:34 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,662,881 times
Obama is looking more and more like a boy in a man's suit.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:45 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,171 times
Great find. Obama is all show...he comes on tv so much it feels like he's still campaigning or something. But he definitely knew how to speak to the fickle mob of America who get dumber and dumber by the day. He's an excellent speaker and the weak-minded were so easily influenced into voting for a person who just said change a million times.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:02 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Another trying to make something of nothing thread.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:23 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Great find. Obama is all show...he comes on tv so much it feels like he's still campaigning or something. But he definitely knew how to speak to the fickle mob of America who get dumber and dumber by the day. He's an excellent speaker and the weak-minded were so easily influenced into voting for a person who just said change a million times.
I totally agree with you and I hope these four years go by so fast cause I for one cannot wait to get in that voting booth and I would vote for donald duck to run this country before I would re-elect someone who is acting like he is on the pulpit instead of in the white house .

Old 08-02-2009, 09:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
I thought this was the Great Debates forum?
What's the debate here?

That "American Thinker" piece does not persuade me at all--especially when you get to the end of it, and it begins to discuss the birthing topic.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,076,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I totally agree with you and I hope these four years go by so fast cause I for one cannot wait to get in that voting booth and I would vote for donald duck to run this country before I would re-elect someone who is acting like he is on the pulpit instead of in the white house .
Hey, speaking of Donald Duck, maybe Palin will run. XD quack quack!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Hey, speaking of Donald Duck, maybe Palin will run. XD quack quack!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
This has already been covered, but I will say it again for any who haven't seen my other post. This is called a "photo op" This pic was staged, or atleast the events leading to the pic, in order to convey a sense of unity and compassion on the part of these two men. Obama standing alone shows he has complete faith that the officer will take care of his friend. And allowing the officer to help the man down shows humility and understanding. This pic was designed to help heal the crack in our nation, one which was actually opened wider by our own president. This was meant to be a healing pic, and obviously it has done it's job. Because no one is attacking the cop or the scholar. They are back to attacking Obama again. The circle is complete.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
It's hard (for me anyway - probably not for people with overactive imaginations) to put together a whole story based on a snapshot of one single moment. In this case, if the three men were walking side-by-side and Obama was on the side with the cane (as it would seem by the picture) it only makes sense for the person on the other side to help him down the stairs.

I do love the photo-op of Gates needing help down such small steps. I wonder if he had his cane by his side when he was acting a fool in his home and on his porch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies