Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
He could start with a copy. They are sequentially numbered. Open the rolls. Verify the sequence. Pick a representative of the birther crowd to accompany a few others and end this thing. It is distracting.
You know, he had the humor to conduct the beer summit. I can see something like this happening: Maybe someday when the economy is better and the important things are out of the way he'll say something about it in his weekly address, and say he's authorized the head of Human Svces in Hawaii (or whatever appropriate title) to speak on television on the details of the certificate. And that person will come on and show the original, address the key questions.

That's as close as I can imagine to a realistic satisfying resolution for the birthers, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You know, he had the humor to conduct the beer summit. I can see something like this happening: Maybe someday when the economy is better and the important things are out of the way he'll say something about it in his weekly address, and say he's authorized the head of Human Svces in Hawaii (or whatever appropriate title) to speak on television on the details of the certificate. And that person will come on and show the original, address the key questions.

That's as close as I can imagine to a realistic satisfying resolution for the birthers, anyway.

Agreed. Of course, a few people still think there was a guy on the grassy knoll, and that 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
For Pete' sake! He's posted it! It's been verifiied by the State of Hawaii! I'll turn the tables a little bit and say:

Would the birthers be so adamant if the president in question was a Republican? Wouldn't s/he just be able to show the BC and be done with it? Instead, we get all these accusations of photoshopping, a conspiracy in the Hawaiian govt, blah, blah, blah.

These are rhetorical questions, but still.
First, I am not a birther. Second, he has never posted a copy of his BC. He has posted a copy of a certified reproduction, that does not look anything like the original certificates issued by HI in 1961. The date on the darn thing is 2001.

In NM, one could obtain an identical document for a few hundred bucks. The media has already proven how easy it is to create a fake document in today's computerized world. A clerk is all that stands between you and a fake BC. Heck, there are cases of those in the witness protection program discussing how the government provided them with "new" birth certificates, etc.

I believe he was born in HI. What I don't understand is why he wont just release a copy of the original form.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
First, I am not a birther. Second, he has never posted a copy of his BC. He has posted a copy of a certified reproduction, that does not look anything like the original certificates issued by HI in 1961. The date on the darn thing is 2001.

In NM, one could obtain an identical document for a few hundred bucks. The media has already proven how easy it is to create a fake document in today's computerized world. A clerk is all that stands between you and a fake BC. Heck, there are cases of those in the witness protection program discussing how the government provided them with "new" birth certificates, etc.

I believe he was born in HI. What I don't understand is why he wont just release a copy of the original form.
The State of Hawaii has verified it as authentic.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The State of Hawaii has verified it as authentic.

You miss the point.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:

See the post below yours. Plus, I will say, I was born in 1949, yet my BC was issued in 1965, when I needed it to get a driver's license. It is not the long form. It is what the state sent my mother when she asked for a copy.

Remember, the state of Hawaii has verified it. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Yes, a verifiable version (as in effect in 1961) would satisfy everybody, I would think.
No, it would not. These threads have proved as much.

And now, all these "birthers" who want nothing less than I don't know what from Obama, are ready to believe Orly Taiz when she says she has a copy of a Kenyan BC, and ready to believe the copy is genuine. Spin much, birthers?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:

My understanding is that the state of Hawaii digitized all of their birth certificates in 2001. The originals have been destroyed. No one born in Hawaii can get a copy of their original birth certificate.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, it would not. These threads have proved as much.

And now, all these "birthers" who want nothing less than I don't know what from Obama, are ready to believe Orly Taiz when she says she has a copy of a Kenyan BC, and ready to believe the copy is genuine. Spin much, birthers?
Wonder how many WHITE presidents have been questioned this way

by Birther-scumbag-lying-drooling-neanderthal-mouth-breathing-scuzz-buckets ?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:17 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
There is no precedent in this case, but assuming Biden became President for some reason, he would APPOINT a new VP.
Of course there is a precedent. Gerald Ford appointed Nelson Rockefeller in 1974 after Ford was first appointed to fill the VP spot vacated by Agnew and then took the President's spot when Nixon resigned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies