Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
His COLB serves as prima facia evidence in a court of law and that is exactly what the state of Hawaii issues when somebody requests a copy of their birth certificate.
I agree. You missed the point. Quit the partisan hack business and read my post again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Here's the MSNBC interview with the crazy lady today:

Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
i forget which thread it was where i made the list of who's in on the conspiracy, but add another couple:

- karl rove
- mike leahy

Michael Patrick Leahy: "Birther" Attorney Orly Taitz Asks Court to Go on Kenyan Fishing Expedition Based on Unverified, Unsourced Digital Image

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Now this is interesting: typos in the Kenyan constitution?

Article 88*. Persons entitled to be registered as citizens by virtue of conexion with Kenya before December, 1963 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]A woman who, on llth December, 1963, has bun married to a person [/SIZE]

Forgery alert!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Now this is interesting: typos in the Kenyan constitution?

Article 88*. Persons entitled to be registered as citizens by virtue of conexion with Kenya before December, 1963

A woman who, on llth December, 1963, has bun married to a person

Forgery alert!
Noooooooooo! Say it ain't so!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
It appears the Kenyan forgery was based on this Australian birth certificate:
http://www.bomford.net/worcestershire/images/DavidJeffreyBomfordBirthCertDoc65.jpg (broken link)

Note that it is a flat scan while the Taitz birth certificate is an angled photo. This indicates to me that it is the source.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM

i can't find that specific version (the 1999 one), but the *current* constitution of kenya does say it's a republic. every version since 1964 has said that. but the constitution that was in effect from independence until december of 1964 does not.

also, regarding that video of taitz, she comes across as a loon for sure but the interviewers come off as total bullies. all they're doing is reassuring birthers that the media is covering up the "truth". asking fair but probing questions, being civil and letting the looniness speak for itself would have been a much better tactic. shouting at her over and over again saying ann coulter thinks she's a crank (and calling that a question), talking over her and telling her she's repeating herself when she's not just makes her look like a martyr.

when exactly did tv news/commentary become just one big shouting match? i'm reminded of why i never watch that stuff.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It appears the Kenyan forgery was based on this Australian birth certificate:
http://www.bomford.net/worcestershire/images/DavidJeffreyBomfordBirthCertDoc65.jpg (broken link)

Note that it is a flat scan while the Taitz birth certificate is an angled photo. This indicates to me that it is the source.
hey, how about that?

quick, birthers, time to switch to the "liberals planted this to make us look bad"/"he's not a citizen even if he was born in hawaii" strategies!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i can't find that specific version (the 1999 one), but the *current* constitution of kenya does say it's a republic. every version since 1964 has said that. but the constitution that was in effect from independence until december of 1964 does not.
Correct. During the transition Kenya had a Governor General (Malcolm MacDonald) with Kenyatta as Prime Minister until Dec 1964 and then as President.

Comparative constitutionalism and ... - Google Books

Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post

also, regarding that video of taitz, she comes across as a loon for sure but the interviewers come off as total bullies. all they're doing is reassuring birthers that the media is covering up the "truth". asking fair but probing questions, being civil and letting the looniness speak for itself would have been a much better tactic. shouting at her over and over again saying ann coulter thinks she's a crank (and calling that a question), talking over her and telling her she's repeating herself when she's not just makes her look like a martyr.

when exactly did tv news/commentary become just one big shouting match? i'm reminded of why i never watch that stuff.
I agree with you. The interviewers just fueled the flames. Let her ramble like they did Palin and she'll reveal the truth for herself.

Like when she said both parents need to be American citizens - that would negate at least 6 of our presidents right there and prohibit Bobby Jindal from running. Her lies speak for themselves. Journalists - and especially MSNBC journalists - gain nothing by shouting her down.

I hate it when they do that. I remember when the 9/11 conspiracies reached the mainstream media. I had some legitimate questions that were not answered by official government statements about what happened that day.

I saw "journalists" do the same thing: they entered the interview from the premise that any questions were absurd and basically mocked and ridiculed the interviewees. I didn't learn anything and my questions remained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies