Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh, this was someone else, using your stolen username?
oh, right. you don't condone it. you just chime in with a snide giggle here and 'media *****' there.
Having her lawyer serve libel papers to someone at a kindergarten isn't a publicity stunt? Sarah Palin tries to avoid the media? I don't think so! If you look back through my posts, you will see that I never have criticized her kids, and I have said she's d'ed if she does and d'ed if she doesn't regarding her kids and she should do what she wants.

The article says her lawyer was going to have the papers delivered to the kindergarten where the guy she is accusing teaches.

You might try following the thread. That is in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Having her lawyer serve libel papers to someone at a kindergarten isn't a publicity stunt?
the lawyer kindly offered to serve the douchebag his papers at home- did you miss that part?

Quote:
Sarah Palin tries to avoid the media?
i claimed she did? you're all over the place here. what happened to 'I do not condone this behavior nor do I practice it' ? i guess that was handily shown to be a complete falsehood.

Quote:
If you look back through my posts, you will see that I never have criticized her kids, and I have said she's d'ed if she does and d'ed if she doesn't regarding her kids and she should do what she wants.
i didn't say you attacked her kids. i said you called her a media *****, which you did, despite your claims of purity.

Quote:
The article says her lawyer was going to have the papers delivered to the kindergarten where the guy she is accusing teaches.
no it didn't. read it again/see above.

Quote:
You might try following the thread. That is in the OP
ah, now i see the problem. you made the mistake of simply reading dookie's OP, and actually believing it.

no wonder you're confused.

here is is, one more time:
Quote:
Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, wrote a letter to the blogger, asking "if you want to be served with the summons and complaint at the kindergarten where you assist or at your residence."

Last edited by uggabugga; 08-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: added lawyer quote

Old 08-03-2009, 06:07 PM

The discussion is about serving the papers at a kindergarten class. I have not criticized Sarah's kids or her parenting or her marriage or her clothes. I think she's a media hound. That is a statement of my opinon.

We will have to wait and see if and where the lawyer serves the papers.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Having her lawyer serve libel papers to someone at a kindergarten isn't a publicity stunt?
First off - they are not "libel papers". It is a summons, notifying the other party that they are being sued and that they have a specified time period to respond - and that if they do not respond, that a Summary Judgment for the Plaintiff, for the damages being sought, will be entered against the Defendant.

And I don't care if it is a Kindergarten, a church, and old folks home, a sauna where you are Naked! I will have papers for my client served on the other party wherever and whenever we can.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
The discussion is about serving the papers at a kindergarten class.
yup. and there have been a number of secondary topics that have evolved from same, the vast majority of which you've conveniently ignored, even after having brought them up in the first place.

Quote:
I have not criticized Sarah's kids or her parenting or her marriage or her clothes.
for the second time.. NOR DID I SAY YOU DID.

i noted that you called her a media *****, despite your claim not to have made personal attacks.. or are you now claiming that calling someone a ***** is not a personal attack, yet 'like you are thinking normally' -is?

Quote:
I think she's a media hound. That is a statement of my opinon.
funny, i could've swore you used the word ***** before- did someone jump in and type stuff you disagreed with under your username?

and why are you ignoring the line that shows that dookie's title was a lie? didn't you claim that was the discussion topic, after all?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
The discussion is about serving the papers at a kindergarten class. I have not criticized Sarah's kids or her parenting or her marriage or her clothes. I think she's a media hound. That is a statement of my opinon.

We will have to wait and see if and where the lawyer serves the papers.

That's just stating a fact. I too have never critized her kids, her parenting, her marriage, or her clothes. I don't do things like that. I HAVE said that she is not smart....which I consider a self-evident fact and I certainly believe that she loves basking in the limelight. Again, just a self-evident fact.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM

leftists are shocked and outraged that palin's lawyer politely asked the lying blogger if he'd prefer to receive the documents at home or at work, but are bothered not at all that the same lying blogger anonomously attacked palin with lies about her marriage and the parenthood of her youngest son.

pretty much tells you where their priorities are.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists are shocked and outraged that palin's lawyer politely asked the lying blogger if he'd prefer to receive the documents at home or at work, but are bothered not at all that the same lying blogger anonomously attacked palin with lies about her marriage and the parenthood of her youngest son.

pretty much tells you where their priorities are.
I'm trying to picture the outrage on here if President Obama started serving all the birthers who have lied about him in their blogs and on the internet.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I'm trying to picture the outrage on here if President Obama started serving all the birthers who have lied about him in their blogs and on the internet.
try what you like.
did you try imagining the outrage that would've ensued had bush served all the troofers and various other slimers that lied about him via the internet?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First off - they are not "libel papers". It is a summons, notifying the other party that they are being sued and that they have a specified time period to respond - and that if they do not respond, that a Summary Judgment for the Plaintiff, for the damages being sought, will be entered against the Defendant.

And I don't care if it is a Kindergarten, a church, and old folks home, a sauna where you are Naked! I will have papers for my client served on the other party wherever and whenever we can.
Well, I didn't know if it was a subpoena or what, so I decided to keep it general. The post title calls them "libel papers" so that's the term I used. I understand your point about delivering them anywhere you can; I just think a school might be disruptive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies