Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, I didn't know if it was a subpoena or what, so I decided to keep it general. The post title calls them "libel papers" so that's the term I used. I understand your point about delivering them anywhere you can; I just think a school might be disruptive.
If I'm serving you - I really don't care if its "disruptive"

I did have one of my process servers, serve a summons on a guy in a sauna at the YMCA - we knew when he would be there - my guy went in - "Mr. Jones", "Yes, I'm Mr. Jones" - "you are served". The guy being served was ticked (its funny when that happens) - he ran out of the suana - buck naked chasing the process server - then realized ..... OPPS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I'm trying to picture the outrage on here if President Obama started serving all the birthers who have lied about him in their blogs and on the internet.
That's what they want - he would have to show his original long form. Not a snowball's chance in hell of him doing that. I wonder why?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's what they want - he would have to show his original long form. Not a snowball's chance in hell of him doing that. I wonder why?
Groundhog Day

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i thought 'easily discredited rumors weren't a problem? seems they suddenly are, when obama's the target. what do you think the purpose of the palin rumors are? i'll give you a little hand: to so cripple her name, as to remove all possibility of palin ever gaining public office again.

you think a false rumor about a divorce would do that? how?

"oh i'm not voting for palin, there was a rumor once that she was getting divorced. of course she never did, but whatever."

and when i say "easily discreditable", i mean there is no avenue for argument even for conspiracy theorists. within a month or so, if they haven't filed for divorce, the rumor is proven resoundingly false. with the birther thing, there is always a "but" for the loonies to go for. they just won't accept any evidence.

and you can't see the difference in scale between a rumor about palin's personal life and a rumor that obama is not qualified to serve in the office he holds? ooooohkay.

i didn't even vote for obama, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
spending all one's time on rumor control doesn't leave room for much else. plus lawyer's fees.

aw, boo hoo, lawyer's fees? no one is forcing her to threaten to sue everyone who spreads a rumor about her on the internet. obama doesn't do that. he also doesn't get into slanging matches with bloggers and comedians.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
You know teachers can't leave the classroom when the kids are there.
What a ridiculous statement. Of course they can and do, all the time. Someone, anyone, would come in to keep an eye on the little ones. It's done all the time, in schools across America.

Is that the best reason you can find - to be offended that he MIGHT have to leave the classroom for a few minutes?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What a ridiculous statement. Of course they can and do, all the time. Someone, anyone, would come in to keep an eye on the little ones. It's done all the time, in schools across America.

Is that the best reason you can find - to be offended that he MIGHT have to leave the classroom for a few minutes?
No teacher is allowed to leave a classroom unattended. Period.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:07 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Unless supervision is provided by an appropriate adult or other person as designated by the Principal or his designee.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
WHO said anything about unattended, but you?

Let's play this out in our little heads. Server comes to the school asking for the little liberal scum, principal/staff go get little liberal scum in classroom, sitting with the little ones until little liberal scum comes back.

Now, is that so hard?

Wait! I can predict your next excuse! How unfair of those serving the little liberal scum to take the time of those hard-working union teachers.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Unless supervision is provided by an appropriate adult or other person as designated by the Principal or his designee.
That is not leaving it unattended.

So is this the drama being set up by SP's lawyer? An "approrpriate adult" shows up in the classroom mysteriously , and then the process server arrives and pulls the teacher out of the classroom?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM

27 posts, read 34,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Personally, I think it is a great idea
Great Idea ???? well... than.. she should be ready to sue a great bunch of people. I understand that she doesn't like what the guy said, but threatening him with legal action. I personally can't stand the woman, but I thought she had more spine than that." take it like a politician woman ! and pick and chose your fights! this one is wayyyyyy not worthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies