U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,790,502 times

Advertisements

Lifson writes: "Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates down the stairs, while Barack Obama, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own."

American Thinker Blog: Media Matters desperate to discredit embarrassing Obama photo

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 AM

34,990 posts, read 36,213,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Lifson writes: "Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates down the stairs, while Barack Obama, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own."

American Thinker Blog: Media Matters desperate to discredit embarrassing Obama photo

How stupid does "American Thinker" think you are?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:17 AM

20,301 posts, read 20,396,126 times
One might ask just how much help did the man need? I am no fan of gates but I see nothing wrong in this photo.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 AM

7,422 posts, read 14,450,882 times
obama should have carried him piggyback. or maybe he and crowley should have carried him on a litter.

this is the stupidest obama "scandal" yet.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 AM

21,597 posts, read 19,392,793 times
I'll give Gates credit for accepting the help of a guy he was ready to crucify, that's all the proof I need to know that they put the episode behind him. And for Crowley for not holding a grudge. There's hope if two guys who both acted badly in different ways can forgive each other. Obama seemed happy about the photo op, but his attention was solely focused on the media and not those two. It was all about him.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll give Gates credit for accepting the help of a guy he was ready to crucify, that's all the proof I need to know that they put the episode behind him.
exactly, planned or not this was a nice image to illustrate that there's no bad blood between the two of them.

whereas obama helping someone who is already his friend would illustrate, uh, that they're still friends?

what exactly was he supposed to do here, grab gates' arm that was holding his cane? only one person could help gates at a time, and crowley doing it makes perfect sense from a p.r. standpoint. perhaps at the time it also made sense from a practical standpoint of how everyone was positioned, or perhaps it was a calculated move. who knows, who cares??

Old 08-03-2009, 07:24 AM

Does the OP have the slightest idea how many cameras were clicking at that moment... "American Thinker" is working you like celebrity magazines work teenage girls.

if Obama had been helping Gates down the stairs while Crowley walked ahead or behind, think of the uproar THAT would have caused! We'd never recover.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 AM

this is nitpicking to an unbelievable degree. i defy anyone to find a bush "scandal" that was this petty.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
this is nitpicking to an unbelievable degree. i defy anyone to find a bush "scandal" that was this petty.
They also criticize Obama for having received unprecedented press. Millions of words written about him -- but HE'S a "camera hog."

If these people were one person s/he'd be locked up as raging paranoid crazy

Old 08-03-2009, 07:55 AM

11,878 posts, read 34,579,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post

Man, I am conservative and not enthralled with President Obama, but that has to be one of the biggest reaches that I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies