Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 PM

765 posts, read 1,859,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Nice diversion.

I'll repost the question, maybe this time you can address it rather than going off on a emotional, illogical, and ignorant tangent.

It's the UN Security Council and the International Atomic Energy Commission which says Iran is building nuclear weapons. How is that "American propaganda"???
I should've changed my wording around a bit. I was placing a strong emphasis on the fact that we are worried that they will nuke another country with I think is American propaganda because our gov't does not liek their gov't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 06:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,921,463 times
Bottom line, and I have this directly from the mouth of an Iranian citizen: Iran would no more use a nuke offensively against the U.S. or one of its allies than North Korea would, or Russia for that matter. Iran knows that its oil will make it a target of the U.S. one day. Especially since the spectacular failure of Iraq. That is their take on the situation and I don't know that I can say they are dead wrong.

Have any of you worked in a prison? Well, in prison, inmates are not allowed to be armed. Their defense is supposed to be handled by the Corrections employee's. Still, every day or night when searches are conducted all manner of shivs, shanks, knives, guns, etc. are unearthed. You simply cannot stop their urge to protect themselves. It has been succsessful keeping nukes out of Pakistan?, India?, North Korea? Israel??? Really, Kootr maybe you should go back to questioning Obama's ancestry and leave foreign policy matters to those with a clue.

H

Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,681,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Bottom line, and I have this directly from the mouth of an Iranian citizen: Iran would no more use a nuke offensively against the U.S. or one of its allies than North Korea would, or Russia for that matter. Iran knows that its oil will make it a target of the U.S. one day. Especially since the spectacular failure of Iraq. That is their take on the situation and I don't know that I can say they are dead wrong.

Have any of you worked in a prison? Well, in prison, inmates are not allowed to be armed. Their defense is supposed to be handled by the Corrections employee's. Still, every day or night when searches are conducted all manner of shivs, shanks, knives, guns, etc. are unearthed. You simply cannot stop their urge to protect themselves. It has been succsessful keeping nukes out of Pakistan?, India?, North Korea? Israel??? Really, Kootr maybe you should go back to questioning Obama's ancestry and leave foreign policy matters to those with a clue.

H
When Iran gets one or two Nukes, which may or may not be capable of being mounted on their missles, Israel will still have 200 and any one US nuclear Sub can still take out every city in Iran. They would not be a realistic threat.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times
mid eastern countries like to talk violence, the people there admire that behavior. its kind of like the tough talk the hard right just loves here.
mideast knows the USA can turn them into a parking lot in a few minutes.
they are emotional but not stupid.
more than likely they will try to use theats to manipulate or gain consessions.
israel can and will attack if they feel threatened, this is a looming possibility.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM

765 posts, read 1,859,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mid eastern countries like to talk violence, the people there admire that behavior. its kind of like the tough talk the hard right just loves here.
mideast knows the USA can turn them into a parking lot in a few minutes.
they are emotional but not stupid.
more than likely they will try to use theats to manipulate or gain consessions.
israel can and will attack if they feel threatened, this is a looming possibility.
I felt like this from a proud-to-be-American perspective. Once I realized a bit more, I just wished the US didn't have "imperialist-style" foreign policies and I also wish the US would be in neutral position between Israel and Arab world. This would make me very supportive of the nation as well as many people from around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies