Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo
no, I don't buy that, the only thing evident is that minorities like playing the race card because it gets them what they want without having to work for it. That also includes BO.
did that get white people what they wanted, scratch that race card did get white people what they wanted and much more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
your comment is generalizing all minorities. Care to rephrase? Unless you've witnessed every minority in the country or have proof that every minority in the country "play the race card", then that would make your statement based on a LIE.
Not all, I should have stated that. I have seen too many minorities here at my job threaten their workplace with the race card just to get a promotion or a better locality to work at. The workplace caves in just like most do because it is too involved to see it through and they simply don't want to "hurt" their public image with anything that has to do with race. So now, you get minorities getting what they want by using the race card and not having to work for it. Again, I'm not saying all do it, but it is an "ace in the hole" for alot of them to get where and what they want when they want it. If that nonsense would stop, alot of this would naturally go away on it's own.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Not all, I should have stated that. I have seen too many minorities here at my job threaten their workplace with the race card just to get a promotion or a better locality to work at. .
are their reasons valid or in ..other than that its wrong... i somewhat dont believe in the ter, race card because its an oppostion to someone who may be dealing with a issue of race

what kind of minorities are these.( racial, religous, ethnic, cultural/natioinalistic?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I was doing some research on Professor Gates and although I did not think of him as a "racist", I think his comments could be categorized by some as racist. According to Wikipedia, he stated in his Yale application:

"As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

His ideology and world view reminds me of Jeremiah Wright in so many ways, the whole "the world is against me because I am Black" which I am sure it was shaped by the environment and the time they grew up in but I am not trying to justify his statement as acceptable regardless of his background.

What is puzzling to me is the fact that Obama does show a pattern of associating himself with these people. More puzzling is the fact that I consider Obama to be an intellectual and most intellectuals would find such language and ideology "ignorant" regardless of the circumstances unless Obama shares some of the same ideas?
If you want to do some research on Gates, why not just read one of his books? Is wikipedia your only source of research? And, can that really be considered research?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:24 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
If you want to do some research on Gates, why not just read one of his books? Is wikipedia your only source of research? And, can that really be considered research?
dancing around that quote of Gates?

Saying one should do more research is like saying--" yeah, my dog bit you today but there were many days he didn't bite you"

Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
mr obama shows himself a good politician. these are exactly the people he should associate with--- many in the AA community see it as unity building with the community and it probably is. once again mr obama makes a good move. he has made very few mistakes.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:30 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr obama shows himself a good politician. these are exactly the people he should associate with--- many in the AA community see it as unity with the community. once again mr obama makes a good move. he has made very few mistakes.

HUH?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,882 times
hmmmmmm....i must be doing something right since a cowardly liberal left me a +1 rep statement that said "you are shockingly ignorant". what a coward. you guys continue to stoop to new lows. i can ask a moderator to find out who did it if i choose to.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
hmmmmmm....i must be doing something right since a cowardly liberal left me a +1 rep statement that said "you are shockingly ignorant". what a coward. you guys continue to stoop to new lows. i can ask a moderator to find out who did it if i choose to.

Your assuming its a Liberal because????? Do you really know the person behind the keyboard?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr obama shows himself a good politician. these are exactly the people he should associate with--- many in the AA community see it as unity building with the community and it probably is. once again mr obama makes a good move. he has made very few mistakes.
the cops acted stupidly was a big mistake for a prez. i dont want him anywhere near my community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies