Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
LoL ''the truth''

Here's the truth: I am twice as educated as you, actually have political experience, and I have subcontracted for the State Dept for my Arabic language skills.

Politics is full of simply relative and subjective truths, and even then, I haven't seen or heard any of them on Fox News. It's never a good idea to align yourself with 1 outlet.

Get an education and thus, a reality check.
Ah, so you have my transcripts right in front of you... Very clever, you know about my education... If you really did, you wouln't be bragging about yours..
Please send me a copy of your contract with the State Department....
In your dreams... Nice try, but your friends clued me in about you, so I won't waste anymore time on you...
You are like your fearless leader, you and the truth have never been in the same room at the same time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Glenn Beck is a braying idiot who well represents the Faux network for whom he spews ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Your statement proves that you will never know the real truth, because you don't listen to the only creditable news station.
If you don't watch FOX news, you can't speak intelligently on any subject.
Stay home and drink your koolaid..!
OK Donn2390, my "fun" with this thread is over I respect your beliefs and yourself. Don't want to get into a "war" here in the forum. We are all equal posters here and shouldn't get into a silly argument. Best wishes to you, qw

Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Quote:
You are right, but when are we going to get a president who really cares about America..? We sure don't have one now...! If you honestly think he cares about us, you aren't following closely enough... Those were just lies to tell when running for office..
I respect your opinion, everyone gets one...!
Not one thing BO has done is pointing us in the right direction. Look at all he has done, taken over the auto industry, trying to take over the energy industry, trying to take over the health industry, etc, etc, he wants to control us all. The cash for clunkers is one huge clunker that is going to end up biting him in his skinny a$$.. The government even screwed that up...
We need to pray his plans fail, because he is pointing us towards a failed couintry. I hope we still have a country left when we vote him out in 3 years... The man is very bad news...!
Say what?

Cash for clunkers has been a resounding success in stimulating the auto industry last month. Ford posted a 2% year-over-year increase, with the Focus accounting for 44% of all the C4C eligible cars sold. Chrysler also saw a major boost due to C4C, down only 19% vs. about 50% for the last half year.

Most economists are predicting that the recession is waning and we will be in full recovery mode by this fall. I trade stocks and follow quarterly reports, and there is a definite recovery happening among business. The layoffs in July were the lowest since the big slide last fall, and many companies are beginning to post profits. Some of the banks are already repaying their loans from the government, and the government is earning dividend money from the ownership of bank shares that will help repay the loans even faster. Face it...the stimulus package is working.

As for health care, in your words, Obama is trying to "take over the health care industry." Huh? Providing a public health care option in addition to private health care will bring nothing but competition to an industry that desperately needs it. The insurance industry has been riding a wave of record profits over the last few years while continuing to increase premiums and cut back on payouts. The lack of competition has created a US health care system that is ranked 37th in the world, behind nearly every other European country and many Asian countries. Even the Dominican Republic has a better health care system than we do. That is beyond pathetic. I am fortunate that my employer provides good health benefits and am young enough that I can build up my health savings account, but many millions of others including my parents are paying high rates with high deductibles for very mediocre coverage. It's only going to get worse as the baby boomer generation continues to age.

If you're going to rip on Obama, at least provide something to back up your claims.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:44 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Please send me a copy of your contract with the State Department....
PM me your mailing address or P.O. Box.

Quote:
In your dreams... Nice try, but your friends clued me in about you, so I won't waste anymore time on you...
Delusion.

Quote:
You are like your fearless leader, you and the truth have never been in the same room at the same time...
Like Vonnegut, I am a man without country. The man wearing red and the man wearing blue, though representing different logos, are in the same bed together. When you learn that, you'll be a lot better off.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
This is the same guy who said that Obama is a racist and shows deep seated hatred for white people and thirty seconds later said "I'm not saying he doesn’t like white people". Really?

Whether we like Beck, or not, is irrelevant, and whether we like "Faux" News, or not, is also irrelevant. The topic here is not Beck, but rather the "clunker cars" government website, and what it means to those who agree to the terms on the website...

By taking the attitude of "oh, it's that stupid idiot right-winger Beck on "Faux" News again...so don't listen to him...nothing he says is true...", are we not shooting the messenger, and not looking at the message? Neither Beck or Fox News invented that "by clicking here you agree to..." clause on the government website. What part of "by clicking on "I agree", you agree that your computer, and everything on it, becomes U.S. Government property" don't we understand?

View the video. See for yourself...

Bud

Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Perhaps the CFC stuff is all hype. The administration refuses to release data on sales.

Obama administration withholds data on program

Old 08-04-2009, 12:39 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Whether we like Beck, or not, is irrelevant, and whether we like "Faux" News, or not, is also irrelevant. The topic here is not Beck, but rather the "clunker cars" government website, and what it means to those who agree to the terms on the website...

By taking the attitude of "oh, it's that stupid idiot right-winger Beck on "Faux" News again...so don't listen to him...nothing he says is true...", are we not shooting the messenger, and not looking at the message? Neither Beck or Fox News invented that "by clicking here you agree to..." clause on the government website. What part of "by clicking on "I agree", you agree that your computer, and everything on it, becomes U.S. Government property" don't we understand?

View the video. See for yourself...

Bud
I'm shooting the message along with the messenger. Have you actually been to the site? The guy is a liar, he knows it and he knows that some people actually eat it up. Someone making a vehicle purchase and taking advantage of C4C is not going to be registering at the dealer registration site. Beck is intentionally scaring people by showing them a process that someone who is making a vehicle purchase never actually goes through.

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 08-04-2009 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Why should the dealers computer system become the property of the US gov't for simply logging on to their website???

Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm shooting the message along with the messenger. Have you actually been to the site? The guy is a liar, he knows it and he knows that some people actually eat it up. Someone making a vehicle purchase and taking advantage of C4C is not going to be registering at the dealer registration site. Beck is intentionally scaring people by showing them a process that someone who is making a vehicle purchase never actually goes through.
Glenn Beck is NOT a liar, but if you think he is, I suggest you do whatever it takes to get on his show and tell him how you feel. It shouldn't be hard to arrange, since you are much more important than that bum.....
Glenn would love a little snack before breakfast.....
He is an honest man who loves his country and is trying to save us all, even the ignorant ones who can't seem to see the handwritting on the wall...!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Honest men don't lie and intentionally misguide people so I'm not sure how Glenn Beck fits into that bracket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies