Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:48 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,320,008 times

Advertisements

SAN DIEGO — Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty on Thursday urged fellow Republicans to welcome outsiders into the party ranks, not scorn them, as the GOP rebuilds from defeats that left the White House and Congress in Democratic hands

The Associated Press: Minn. Gov: GOP must welcome others, broaden base

Interesting! I heard from some neocons that the reason why the GOP is failing is because they have been "compromising" their Conservative values in order to please the Moderates. If Pawlenty is the best they have got, then it is a really sad state of affairs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 02:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,811,669 times
The GOP is a party of old white people from the south. That is all they will be for years to come. They long for days gone by that the country has moved well beyond. They long for the days of Jim Crow, wars and peanuts in a bottle at 10, 2 and 4. A fried baloney sandwich with mayo and tomato. They miss back when. Back when a hoe was a hoe, the wind was all that blew and when you said "Im down with that" it meant you had the flu.

YouTube - Tim Mcgraw-Back When

Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,359,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
SAN DIEGO — Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty on Thursday urged fellow Republicans to welcome outsiders into the party ranks, not scorn them, as the GOP rebuilds from defeats that left the White House and Congress in Democratic hands

The Associated Press: Minn. Gov: GOP must welcome others, broaden base

Interesting! I heard from some neocons that the reason why the GOP is failing is because they have been "compromising" their Conservative values in order to please the Moderates. If Pawlenty is the best they have got, then it is a really sad state of affairs!
Tim Pawlenty is full of ****! We have never had a more polarizing governor in history. With Pawlenty at the helm, it was WWIII in the legislature. Both sides would end up pouting and fight it out in the media.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! Pawlenty is as partisan as they come. I'll give him credit for one thing. He sticks to his guns. But an effective leader will compromise when it makes sense. Don't fall for the "awe shucks" or the sharp wit. He is strictly a partisan SOB.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:43 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,568,628 times
This is just code-speak for "become more liberal". And I'm sick of hearing it.

Hey...why don't the libs become more conservative? Why won't they accept some pro-lifers under their so-called BIG TENT?

I say that we hold our ground. The radical Obama administration is making a big mess of things. It's gonna swing back. Always does....

Old 08-01-2009, 08:46 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,811,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Hey...why don't the libs become more conservative? Why won't they accept some pro-lifers under their so-called BIG TENT?

I say that we hold our ground. The radical Obama administration is making a big mess of things. It's gonna swing back. Always does....

Excuse me but we Democrats DO have lots of pro lifers in our big tent. They are called Catholics.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,883,956 times
What Pawlenty is trying to do is get more voters on board for his GOP run for pres. in 2012.

The GOP will not discriminate when it comes to voters but they discriminate for anything else. That is for sure!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,496,595 times
There aren't enough liberals or conservatives to make a majority. Centrists are the kingmakers. Whoever wins them wins the election--and the agenda. Reagan--The Republican's version of Jesus--knew this. Why don't they realize it?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,496,595 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Citizenkane2

Well I'm pro life and identify more with the Democrats than the Republicans. Besides, you could ask the same question about pro-choice Republicans. And no, it's not about becoming more liberal, it's about coming across as sane. If so many people on the right weren't claiming he was Kenyan, was out to purposefully destroy the country and other BS, I might give them a second look. Really, I would, but they need to go into detox first.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,568,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Excuse me but we Democrats DO have lots of pro lifers in our big tent. They are called Catholics.
Who turned around and voted for OBAMA!!!!!!! Idiots!

Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 PM

26,269 posts, read 49,188,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Exactly! And the reason they voted DEM in 2006 and 2008 is that the GOP has been exposed for exactly what it is, a rapidly shrinking party of shrill religious extremists and various other nutters, who are ACTIVELY kicking OUT anyone who disagrees with their rigid doctrinal hatefulness, supported by a sack of lying hypocritical congressmen and senators who have played them as suckers for their money and votes while giving them NOTHING in return but lip service.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies