Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So what is YOUR answer?

This isn't rocket surgery....I am interested to know what you want in regards to health care.

What part of information did you not process in my previous response. Again i will say, unlike you and others, i choose to obtain ALL information. I have insurance, I pay too much in premium co-payment and too much for prescriptions...but my defination of too much may not be the same as someone making 7 figures. Neither side has provided any conclusive information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Judging by this thread intellignt discussion is nearly impossible because ideology trumps economics. If we all believe that sick people should be provided with the necessary care then the argument become centered on who pays. At this point the Republicans are saying "Not me" and the Democrats are saying "everybody pays something".

If we do not believe that every sick person should be treated and that care should be rationed by the ability to pay then I simply dismiss that believer as inhumanely selfish and beyong consideration.
what gives you as a healthy person the right to indiscriminately decide what type of care I need as one of your outlined "sick people"? I am getting sick and tired of healthy people trying to make my health care decisions for me. I have a chronic disease, I AM NOT AN IDIOT. I work hard to provide for what I need to keep myself as healthy as I can possable be. I do not need the government giving me a handout because some people CHOOSE to not prepare themselves for what may lay ahead. I did not choose to have MS, but I do, so I have to provide for myself, I do not feel that it is morally right for me to put my burden on anyone else's shoulders. It is Mine and solely mine to bear. I do not have the opportunity to let the government screw around with my healthcare. I need treatment when I need treatment, not when the government files the correct paperwork, talks to the right people makes a decision, sends the correct paperwork back to the first person who then fills out more paperwork and forwards that to my doctor with conditions on what I am allowed for treatment based on my age, disease, and cost.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What part of information did you not process in my previous response. Again i will say, unlike you and others, i choose to obtain ALL information. I have insurance, I pay too much in premium co-payment and too much for prescriptions...but my defination of too much may not be the same as someone making 7 figures. Neither side has provided any conclusive information.
Are you a politician?

So you are angry with what you pay now...and so want to pay less....but that figure is a secret for some reason....

Nevermind,I am not interested in your ideas because it appears you have none beyond paying less.

Thanks for playing.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
I believe you will discover that in almost EVERY UHC system there is a significant portion of the population who do not pay...making others carry their weight as it were.

To find this a good thing is beyond reasoning with...

I find the use of the term 'rationing' interesting.Because in almost all UHC systems the rationing of care is used as a budgetary measure...in other words,the gov. decides who gets treatment and who will....die.
Actually in all UHC people who's life are at risk are cared for. People who want elective procedures may have to wait. In today's private system the insurance company makes the decision about whether you live or die based upon their financial incentives.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
So what is YOUR answer?

This isn't rocket surgery....I am interested to know what you want in regards to health care.
Give me some of that rocket surgery!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Actually in all UHC people who's life are at risk are cared for. People who want elective procedures may have to wait..
That is a lie...there are waiting lists for almost everything.

No need to lie to defend your position.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Actually in all UHC people who's life are at risk are cared for. People who want elective procedures may have to wait. In today's private system the insurance company makes the decision about whether you live or die based upon their financial incentives.
what is their financial incentive with me then? I cost them more than I pay them..... seems to me that they should be denying me treatment then huh? I have yet to be denied any form of treatment or care for my MS.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Give me some of that rocket surgery!!!
LOL...trust you to not get the joke.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:

I would like him to tell me how a shoulder replacement, hip replacement, or knee replacement is an "elective surgery" or the wait time for an MRI could possibly be an "elective" procedure.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:

The Canadian system has even paid to have patients transported and treated in the United States when shortages exists there. Insurance companies in the United States routinely withhold treatment for critically ill patients. The won't even let them have "rocket surgery."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies