Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:12 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're seeing things, so I had to bring it up. As far as I see, Obama made it no secret that he supported single payer system at the time. But to the dismay of many (including doctors and healthcare providers), that is NOT on the agenda. Instead, this bill is about protecting you from getting dumped by insurance company if you end up being too expensive for them. AND, to give those who don't have insurance for insurance companies taking them for a ride or simply refusing to cover, the public option.

Now, if you truly believe that people love their current coverage, why worry? They are keeping their coverage. If public option did happen, by any chance, would you choose to enroll in it, since you're so happy with your insurance company? Yes? No?
0bama has told us everything he intends to do, all we need to do is look back at his words during the election, and his public statements before, during and after the election.

So I'll grant you that 0bama has not been keeping his agenda a secret. But he thinks no one will care what he said before, and then goes out and contradict his own words.

0bama did say he would bankrupt coal-fueled power plants, and he did say "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." 0bama did say he wanted a a universal health care system, he did say he wanted to eliminate employer health care coverage. 0bama has said many things that should have opened peoples eyes, and caused them to shun him. But his supporters cast all his prior words, assertions and associations aside, and just listen to what he says today, as if nothing he says today will matter, because of he might just contradict himself tomorrow, and that will be the new truth.

0bama is going to use this public health insurance plan as a Trojan horse, just as Barney Frank told us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So refute the words of 0bama in the video clips, and argue that he is not a liar, that he and Barney Frank do not want to see a single player public plan.
Single payer plan would be ideal, for the people and especially for the doctors/hospitals. Ask these folks.

Unfortunately, if Obama wanted to see it, he would have proposed as such, for congress to work on. But, did he?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I still don't get that "hussein" thing....I guess I never will since no one has provided me a logical reason as to why they say it.
dc,etc says it b/c she thinks it's degrading to call him by a muslim name. In other words, she's anti-muslim. "What's in a name?"

Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
That's a good point. Why was "W" needed?
I hope you were joking. I really hope you were joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
dc,etc says it b/c she thinks it's degrading to call him by a muslim name. In other words, she's anti-muslim. "What's in a name?"
Ahh okay that makes sense...so they call him Hussein because they don't like Muslim people. That I can understand.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Interesting how most of the leftists responses have been to divert the discussion away from the actual topic....I wonder why?

Is their hero being shown for a liar yet again?
Obama did tell them to get in their face and argue oh and to sharpen their elbows! So they are doing what their leader wants " being good little sheeple"

Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The purpose of this thread is just that. Instead of questioning a policy and its effectiveness, you're calling Obama a liar.

(Just helping put your feet in your mouth).
That's because he is

Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Let me break it down.

It starts with then-candidate Obama, from June 15, 2009 debunking the myth that his current public option health care plan is intended to be, or become a "single payer" program.

It then travels back in time to March, 2007, before he was even running for President, addressing the SEIU, saying he would hope that people who don't have access to insurance through their employer, would have the option of going to a federal or state-run program. And that he doesn't envision a plan such as that, eliminating employer-provided insurance any time in the near future, but perhaps 10, 15, or 20 years out.

The time travel machine then takes us alllllllllll the way back to 2003, where he says he "happen[s] to be a proponent of a single-payer universal healthcare plan."

Then Barney Frank shows up, followed by Jan Schakowsky, saying something about getting to single-payer eventually.

Do I really need to spell out what's wrong with this distorted picture they've created?

What the heck, I may as well. . .
  1. What Barack Obama was a "proponent" of in 2003, does not represent the plan he put forth either as a candidate, or since the time he's been in office.
  2. What Barack Obama thought the long-term results might be, when he was talking to a Union group in 2007, does not represent the plan he put forth either as a candidate, or since the time he's been in office.
  3. Barney Frank and Jan Schakowsky are not Barack Obama.
obama said what he had to say to get elected!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:16 AM

[quote=Jill61;10091439]
  1. What Barack Obama was a "proponent" of in 2003, does not represent the plan he put forth either as a candidate, or since the time he's been in office.
  2. What Barack Obama thought the long-term results might be, when he was talking to a Union group in 2007, does not represent the plan he put forth either as a candidate, or since the time he's been in office.
  3. Barney Frank and Jan Schakowsky are not Barack Obama.

1.Yes it does it is what he believes it is absolutely relevant!

2. I am glad you know what his thoughts are does he call you about the issues? He has only been in office 7 months you have been conned. Funny how the left comes up with this and explains it away but if a republican says something it is used against them (as it should be) there is no explaining it away like the left liberal loons like to do with their pathetic leader.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Single payer plan would be ideal, for the people and especially for the doctors/hospitals. Ask these folks.

Unfortunately, if Obama wanted to see it, he would have proposed as such, for congress to work on. But, did he?
Maybe you don't see it, but I do. This health insurance plan by 0bam, or more like the congress, is not meant to fix anything, its meant to destroy private insurance options. 0bama wants to eliminate the ability of an employer to go out on the open market and provide health care insurance to their employees. This 0bama-care will lead to a single payer system, and then to a single health care provider, the federal government. It is what 0bama wants, regardless of his obfuscation to the fact that he has said this was his desire for many years.

Are you trying to tell me that 0bama does not want to eliminate private employer heath insurance and replace it with government run insurance, and he doesn't want universal government health care?

Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Of course not.

Can you guess why they don't want this cat out of the bag, admitting that the ultimate goal is single-payer?

You think the polls numbers and the pressure are bad now - they would be tremendous if they actually admitted that "in public".

We who have been paying attention to his "words" for 2+ years, to his ideology, to the people he surrounded himself with - KNOW, without a doubt, this is the ultimate goal.

Obviously, the WH thinks this little clip is just as damaging;

White House uses Web against Drudge attack - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090804/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_health_care_3 - broken link)

Quote:
The three-minute White House video features Linda Douglass, a former network television correspondent and now White House Office of Health Reform communications director, sitting in front of a computer screen showing the Drudge Report Web site. That site carries a series of video clips from another blogger who strings together selected Obama statements on health care to make it appear he wants to eliminate the private health insurance business.

In the video Douglas says the site is "taking sentences and phrases out of context, and they're cobbling them together to leave a very false impression."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies