Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:34 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
I didn't watch him nor could I stomach the thought of it. Do you think he is telling you the truth? Honestly do you wonder why he only tells you one side of a story? From what I understand He never gives you the whole truth. If you want to know all facts research it your self.
What exactly did he lie about, regarding this particular issue? What would be the "other side" to this particular story? Are you suggesting that he made the numbers up? That these politicians didn't accept the financial "donations" from the industries/companies mentioned in the Special Comment? You do realize it's all a matter of public record, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 PM

422 posts, read 756,931 times
Here's a link of the good ole boy system.....

Mike Ross big surprise there making big bucks off decisions that were impacted by the health industry years ago.....

Firedoglake » Blue Dog Mike Ross Made Millions Selling Prescription Drugs, Threatening to Kill Health Care Reform

Goes to show you these guys really abide by their code of honor "scratch my back..and I'll make you rich"

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
I didn't watch him nor could I stomach the thought of it. Do you think he is telling you the truth? Honestly do you wonder why he only tells you one side of a story? From what I understand He never gives you the whole truth. If you want to know all facts research it your self.
Try to find a list of lies by Olberman.
Last thread this was asked in, the most recent example (a very poor example, with nothing specific) was 3 years ago.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 PM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
I think it will be better when the government has cornered the market...in everything. It will sure make lobbying easier. Maybe we can just mirror all the politicians portfolio's. Sweet!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Try to find a list of lies by Olberman.
Last thread this was asked in, the most recent example (a very poor example, with nothing specific) was 3 years ago.
Exactly. He's very opinionated, and you may not necessarily agree with him, but he certainly doesn't lie. Olbermann's very well-informed.

Furthermore, everything he said in his Special Comment is factual. Republican and Blue Dog Democrat legislators are controlled by health insurance companies and Big Phrama, and they protect their interests instead of the interests of their constituents who elected them. It's shameful.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
I watched Keith last night and I thought his call out was awesome. I especially liked it that he called them out on both sides of the aisle. Way to go Keith. I'm going to have to watch more often.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Brilliant commentary by Mr. Olbermann. You might not like his delivery, but, the facts are the facts.
I've become quite fond of his fellow MSNBC anchor Dylan Ratigan as well. He posits that there is no Democratic or Republican party, in reality, what we have are health, gun, military complex (and so on) parties, and, listening to Mr. Olbermann, I think he is absolutely correct.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Brilliant commentary by Mr. Olbermann. You might not like his delivery, but, the facts are the facts.
I've become quite fond of his fellow MSNBC anchor Dylan Ratigan as well. He posits that there is no Democratic or Republican party, in reality, what we have are health, gun, military complex (and so on) parties, and, listening to Mr. Olbermann, I think he is absolutely correct.
I never thought of it that way, he may have a point cause I've lost faith in both parties. This could explain why.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
The question I have is: Did you think that you would gain credibility by using Politico as your forum name?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Todays Healthcare Reform Opponents:

BOUGHT AND PAID FOR
The 0bama presidency....BOUGHT AND PAID FOR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies