Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

I thought republicans were powerless and destined for the wilderness.

Lest you forget - Dems have the WH, the house and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate - and you're still blaming Bush?

I think the "people" have had enough.

If 85% are satisfied with their HC, how will you convince them to take a chance on obamacare? Do you think demonizing them will do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
For 8 years the neo cons raped and pillaged this country.

They cynically used the national tragedy of 9/11 to shred the constitution ...systematically giving more and more unquestioned power to the administrative branch while intimidating the congress and the press into silent compliance.
I'm sure glad 0bama is president, he is sure to cancel that NSA program, get rid of those uncountable Czars, and cut the deficit and reduce the national debt, and not grow the power and scope of the executive branch.

Quote:
They lied us into an unneccessary war with Iraq that turned into a scheme to pour money into Cheney's company, Haliburton while pouring our soldier's blood and the blood of Iraqi citizens into the sand.
Yeah, sixteen years of Clinton and Bush saw both presidents pouring billions into the Haliburton coffers, I'm so glad 0bama is no longer paying for their services.

Quote:
They took away the regulations from banks, insurance companies, and investment companies at the behest of long time Bush friends turned lobbyist. This led to the destruction of the U.S. economy and that of most of the rest of the world.

They provided their corporate friends with enormous tax incentives to move jobs previously held by U.S. citizens out of the country and into countries where people will basically work for food. Surprisingly, this led to growing unemployment and even more to no jobs remaining for working people except minimum wages with which they can not support their families.
Yup, 0bama won't put any Wall Street or big investment company executives on his staff or administration, and he definitely will not be giving away billions of dollars to big banks and investment companies. And 0bama will surely not raise taxes on US companies and corporations, like carbon taxes, that would provide them with huge 'incentives to move jobs previously held by U.S. citizens out of the country and into countries where people will basically work for food."

Quote:
They came to power with a huge surplus and left power with the country so deep in debt that we may never get out.
Yeah, you tell 'em. 0bama would never be foolish enough to put our country into debt or double the deficit.

Quote:
They are training thugs to go out to town hall meetings and intiminidate those few who have refused to be bought. They are turning one of the most basic things in a democracy....the ability of normal citizens to talk with their representatives....into nothing but another cynical ploy by the neo con to control by intimidation...while drowning out the voices of citizens other than the thugs.

They are spreading lies and propoganda to the gullible to convince these poor people to once again vote against and fight agains their own best interest.
I'm so glad 0bama would never stoop to such a thing, he has good men like David Axlerod to make certain that something like you describe would never happen with democrats.
The Secret Side of David Axelrod - BusinessWeek

Quote:
They are convincing these people that having affordable health care that is based upon HEALTH and not the WEALTH of the insurance companies is a bad thing. You would think that no one would fall for this obvious spinning by the insurance companies....you would be wrong.
But this 0bama care plan does nothing to lower the driving forces behind increased health care costs, all it does is kill private insurance and increase the national debt to pay for it all.

Quote:
And, if nothing else works, they are stirring up the most base nature in those who fear anyone not exactly like them. They are appealing to the inner racist to convince them that no black man could possibly be the president. They are attempting to overthrow the elected will of the people by trying to undo the election with their lies about the president's very citizenship. How vile.
good thing 0bama is non-partisan and does not lable people as angry, bitter or clinging to their religion and guns, or admonish them if they choose to disagree with his policies.

Its a good thiung 0bama is race neutral, he would never inflame a non-racial issue into one focused on race and tell the American public that antone would be angry with the stupidity of the police.

Quote:
The neo cons are destroying this country. They have us on the ropes and they are trying to spin it so people will actually believe that it wasn't their 8 years of destruction that caused the problems. No, they want people to actually believe that everything was hunky dory before the election and that it was only in the past 6 months that everything went to h*ll.

Are we going to let this cyncial, greedy bunch completely destroy this country?

How stupid do they think we are?

How stupid are we?
Its a good thing 0bama is in charge or we would be on the ropes, his stimulus plan will create 2-4 million jobs and keep unemployment below 8%.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
OP, I agree with you 100% too And yes, sometimes (especially in this forum) I think Americans as a group are pretty darn stupid and gullible!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
OP, I agree with you 100% too And yes, sometimes (especially in this forum) I think Americans as a group are pretty darn stupid and gullible!
Yeah--it explains how Obama got elected

Old 08-04-2009, 08:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed that those who think that calling the president Nobama and his supporters Obamatrons equates to witty, insightful speech are the ones that feel my post is a rant and analyze it by saying "blah, blah" and calling me a commie. I consider their dislike of what I say as a high honor indeed.
I totally agree w/ your OP, & isn't it a BIG surprise that they can't do any better than to call you stupid,gullible,naive,communist, and all the rest of the childish insults & personal attacks? What childishness. No wonder they lost the election.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 PM

838 posts, read 922,227 times
Youth is idealistic. The parties are together on globalist agenda which results in mass poverty for the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies