Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM

539 posts, read 700,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, I meant racists like the people I mentioned in my previous post. The ones who float over here from stormfront from time to time

So you think that just because I'm "liberal" that I'm going to automatically defend the nation of Islam and Jeremiah Wright? (Never heard of the rest of 'em) But it's a nice way to dodge my point. How about you try and prove me wrong instead of this tit-for-tat stuff?
"The threat is often more terrifying than the thing itself" Alinsky.

No one wants any harm to Obama...stop making appear that way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally posted by LogicWings
"The threat is often more terrifying than the thing itself" Alinsky.

No one wants any harm to Obama...stop making appear that way.

What? I posted an article from a respected, right wing British paper, and pointed out that there's a lot of racially motivated hate on this board. What am I supposed to think???

The above quote can be true, but "the thing" doesn't have to be all that big to have an effect.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Remember those nuts we saw at the McCain/Palin rallies,shouting about how Obama is a muslim,wants to destroy our country,take our guns,etc.? Well, they are even MORE worked up & p*ssed off now that they lost the election. I have seen them saying "To arms,Patriots!" and speak openly on the internet of forming militias and attacking anyone/eveyone who doesn't have blinding hatred for our president.
While I think they don't have the collective brain cells to acomplish anything major,look what psycho dumb azzez like McVeigh have pulled off in the past! All the fear-mongering is really getting to normal,every-day folks,playing on age-old racist fears and paranoia of anyone who is not exactly like them. Remember Palin's "he's not 'one of us' "? Well, I'm telling you,there are some real freaking psychos out there,and the neo-cons on the radio & TV raging madly against the president are making things MUCH worse. Not to be condescending,but some of these people aren't the smartest Americans,& they actually take this paranoid rheteric seriously. I've heard really frightening statements from people I NEVER thought I'd hear such stuff from ,since the election.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Remember those nuts we saw at the McCain/Palin rallies,shouting about how Obama is a muslim,wants to destroy our country,take our guns,etc.? Well, they are even MORE worked up & p*ssed off now that they lost the election. I have seen them saying "To arms,Patriots!" and speak openly on the internet of forming militias and attacking anyone/eveyone who doesn't have blinding hatred for our president.
While I think they don't have the collective brain cells to acomplish anything major,look what psycho dumb azzez like McVeigh have pulled off in the past! All the fear-mongering is really getting to normal,every-day folks,playing on age-old racist fears and paranoia of anyone who is not exactly like them. Remember Palin's "he's not 'one of us' "? Well, I'm telling you,there are some real freaking psychos out there,and the neo-cons on the radio & TV raging madly against the president are making things MUCH worse. Not to be condescending,but some of these people aren't the smartest Americans,& they actually take this paranoid rheteric seriously. I've heard really frightening statements from people I NEVER thought I'd hear such stuff from ,since the election.
You don't have to listen to these radio channels as you are describing...just watch cops and you can hear them lie, being stupid....it is so bad and the worst thing is they believe them self's!
You are not condescending to say they aren't the smartest but you have to admid they come in all colors.

I have seen proof of cops that are corrupt but when you have people lying to you all day when you stop them for whatever...I guess that isn't the easiest thing to stand there not being allowed to say that they are flat out lyers!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:59 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Step 1: create paranoia
Step 2: remove rights

Old 08-04-2009, 05:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
I think Beck and Fox News are, they realize they have crossed the line into inciting treason and are backing away.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I pray for his safety. Just reading this forum is enough to convince me that the danger is very real.
And just reading this comment is enough to convince me that your residence in la la land is very real.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The main purpose of the "birther" movement is to "delegitimize" him as president in order to make violent acts acceptable.
A completely unsupported and utterly false statement. Quite an active imagination you have though. And I am no fan of the birther movement either. It is an utter waste of time and makes repubs/conservs look bad.

Were the truthers or "Bush stole the election" movements main purpose to delegitimize Bush as president in order to make violent acts acceptable?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:11 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
And just reading this comment is enough to convince me that your residence in la la land is very real.
Now THAT was mature.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post

i can't think of any instances of leftists in the u.s. killing or hurting people for political reasons for decades, at least. can you?

How about Obama's buddy William Ayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies