Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nice compassion there. You almost sound like you think he deserves the death threats. If you don't, I'm sure many here do. Sick people.
Nobody deserves a death treat! Only sick people will do that and I defenitely hope he won't be killed or harmed in any way....if that happens he will be remebered even longer than the 4 yrs of his presidency...I rather forget about him asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 02:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Nobody deserves a death treat! Only sick people will do that and I defenitely hope he won't be killed or harmed in any way....if that happens he will be remebered even longer than the 4 yrs of his presidency...I rather forget about him asap.
Good lord, you don't quit the hating, do you?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Although he's going to remembered far longer than his 4 years anyway; I'll agree with you on that. Some people can only name the President’s that are on money, were involved in some major scandal or assassinated.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I hold the hateful dolts like the ones you read here daily partially responsible. The hate filled rhetoric and lies only help push the threat level up.
Maybe many of the posters reside in an Aryan Nations compound, it sure seems that way.
A previous poster mentioned that these people (who seem supportive of Obama receiving death threats) don't care for democracy. It's the right wingers, the ones who only need to hear the word "go" to to come out blasting their guns and resorting to violence.
This thread sure gives a great revelation into the mentality of those who are on this forum daily spewing their hatred for Obama, and anything which is different from themselves.
America has many little Tim McVeighs running lose.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
You don't really believe they're sick, do you?
There's plenty of posters on this thread who think that Obama deserves the death threats...at least death threats, if you know what I mean.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Every President from now on will face this I suspect. Obama more so because of his color...yes, you can't deny it...but with the way we citizens act, and how the talking heads demonize anyone that they don't support, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

I am scared that the most unstable, and gullible among us will act out in a dangerous way because they actually BELIEVE what people say about those they disagree with (BabyKiller, Hates America, "Pick you insult and insert here"). They will believe it and act upon it as if they were a savior. It's happened before and will keep happening.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised...Obama insulted so many people....
Not too mention it has become crystal clear that obama is a racist. I am surprised it is only 30.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Not too mention it has become crystal clear that obama is a racist. I am surprised it is only 30.

(case in point)

Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM

216 posts, read 290,563 times
Sadly I'm not surprised that President Obama is receiving numerous death threats especially with racist people like Glen Beck, Tea Baggers, Birthers, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, and many in the Republican Party who are promoting fear and hatred (its amazing that they're calling the President a racist). There are also those who honestly dislike the President’s policies who are afraid, but many times it’s hard to distinguish between legitimate concerns and those who are just racist. Those who are convinced that they are the superior race and who are losing control are willing to do almost anything to reserve it (clearly expressed by Pat Buchanan on msnbc).

I just hope that those making these threats are arrested and sent to prison with no mercy. I’m all for freedom of speech but when it start inciting violence they should be held accountable. There are too many uneducated, misinformed, misguided, brainless, and/or racist people that are open to this non-sense because they're not capable of researching and reasoning for themselves. It may not be all about race, but I believe race plays a big part.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM

500 posts, read 910,045 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised...Obama insulted so many people....he insulted disabled athletes, sat in church listening on hate preachings on white people, is now telling "black" fathers to take better care of their kids...(which probable not all of them will like to be told by another person on tv), insulted the police department...bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia, lying during his run for the presidency (they all try to promiss things they can't keep) about his so called transparency and than immediately pushing unread bills through and sign them....no wonder many people dislike him.
So you condone killing the president. Informing the mods now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies