Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:38 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't think you are being fair to Obama - he IS dealing with this. He's spent a MILLION dollars so far to suppress all of his records and keep them sealed.

That's some pretty serious "dealing".
He hasn't sealed anything. You're just repeating a birther mantra without doing any research to confirm it.

Just as I cannot call your hometown and obtain a copy of your BC, or your college transcripts. Did you SEAL them? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
When did blind faith become a virtue?
I have asked this before (http://media.www.vainformer.com/media/storage/paper1335/news/2008/04/23/SignedEditorials/From-Dream.To.Reality.The.Informer.Then.Now.And.Into.Th e.Future-3372570.shtml - broken link), and the answer is never easy. But to try to simplify it: When the Left has decided something is a fact, it becomes one. Or, in the words of Vladamir Lenin, "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

But, true to the Left's ways, the Obama White House has refused to acknowledge that a controversy exists. Others on the Left are dismissing it as foolish because they don't believe it, and if they don't find the debate "academic" enough for their taste, it does not exist. Where have we seen this before?

It never ceases to amaze that the Left will go out of its way to forge documents about George W Bush's national guard service to "prove" that he never served, but will not even bother to make sure Obama's basic papers are in order, nor acknowledge that it is a little fishy that the documents are locked away, never to be seen again. The "birthers" are scorned and ridiculed constantly for daring to ask "Let's see some ID." (Perhaps now we know why Obama quickly sided with Professor Gates when he likewise had an issue with that request).

more at:

Obama's birth certificate: The "birthers" and the sudden hatred of transparency
Blah, blah, blah. Provide a conspiracy theory. You know, a THEORY. When did the conspiracy start, who was involved, why was a conspiracy started. When you can actually provide a sensible, rational theory, then maybe the rest of us will stop laughing. But in the meantime, this whole issue is pathetic.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:49 AM

877 posts, read 2,767,593 times
This is too funny. I have not seen my long form birth certificate in years and I doubt that I can actually get one from the Department of Vital Records in New York. The same type of certificate that Obama showed is basically what I use for proof of birth, whether it's for a driver's license or passport. Hawaii probably doesn't even issue a long form birth certificate so requesting one would be like beating your head against a wall.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:50 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Quote:
I don't think you are being fair to Obama - he IS dealing with this. He's spent a MILLION dollars so far to suppress all of his records and keep them sealed.

Actually Obama was awarded court costs in 2 separate cases!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
Hawaii probably doesn't even issue a long form birth certificate so requesting one would be like beating your head against a wall.
true, there is no choice of certificate type on the form to request a birth certificate in hawaii. you just request a birth certificate, and you get what obama has. it says right on it that it is admissable in court. maybe the president could make a special request to get a photocopy of the original record, i'm not sure about that. but it's not necessary.

if birthers don't think that the certificate is a forgery, then they should cede the case because the birth certificate itself says that it is good enough proof for a court of law!

if birthers do think that the certificate is a forgery, then they think the hawaiian state government is in on the conspiracy.

there is only one side of this debate that keeps presenting documents proven to be forged as evidence.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
then they should cede the case because the birth certificate itself says that it is good enough proof for a court of law!
That is not what Prima Facia means, read up. For example you could take an image with your camera which is automatically copyrighted by yourself, I could register that image to myself at the copyright office. The registration would provide "Prima Facia" Evidence that I am the copyright owner. Doesn't mean it's the truth or will hold up under a court of law.

Quote:
He HAS provided a certified copy of his birth certificate for public examination,
AFAIK the only copy that has been provided to anyone was provided to factcheck.org and their ability to remain unbiased in this has been questioned.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That is not what Prima Facia means, read up. For example you could take an image with your camera which is automatically copyrighted by yourself, I could register that image to myself at the copyright office. The registration would provide "Prima Facia" Evidence that I am the copyright owner. Doesn't mean it's the truth or will hold up under a court of law.

AFAIK the only copy that has been provided to anyone was provided to factcheck.org and the ability o remain unbiased in this has been questioned.
The State of Hawaii has verified that President Obama was born in Honolulu. That will hold up in a court of law.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I agree. I voted for the guy and still support him through these trying times.....but for gods sake, I just wish he'd pony up his birth certificate for public examination and put this deal to bed.

Again, even though I voted for him I'm getting disgusted that he won't just deal with this so we can move on....enough already !
I think the posters above you were being sarcastic. No other president has been subjected to this much scrutiny about a BC, college records, high school records (for G**'s sake), etc. One of our "birther" friends on this forum said "but, but, but, there was not question about any other pres' citizenship", when in fact, there was.

Quote:

This has been debunked over and over and over agian.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
it's evidence that unless rebutted holds up as proof of a fact.

what rebuttals have the birthers provided, besides fake kenyan birth certificates? with the evidence he has provided, the burden of proof is on them to prove that he is not a citizen.

there is lots of evidence backing up the assertion that the birth certificate is in fact real (the birth announcements in hawaii, the statements of hawaiian officials). none backing up the assertion that it is fake.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The State of Hawaii has verified that President Obama was born in Honolulu. That will hold up in a court of law.
I'm on the fence about this issue myself, my only concern is they fight this at every turn and if they simply handed over the requested documents it would put it to rest for most people like myself. Obama and the people handling this situation are just as much to blame as those pushing the issue because instead of putting the fire out they keep pouring gasoline on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies