Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 10:56 PM

351 posts, read 375,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nope - no denial(s)

Like I said - no medicare for me (thank goodness).

And like I said - I'm very happy with my insurance - I have had a number of claims - amounting to 6 figure claims - and they have been paid exactly as prescribed in my policy =
Does your insurance cover tunnel vision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
We all know that what you are saying is true Lindsey but Greatday seems to be in denial. Let's hope his luck doesn't run out or he'll be singing an entirely different song.
I don't get how anyone in todays world can be that uninformed as to how insurance works, unless they don't have any.

It is in the media alot when things like denial of treatment happen, its the subject of many a fictional story as well. They don't just make that stuff up, they take it from reality.

I had a medical problem for which I required surgery to correct it when I was 15, the insurance company paid out but then I required surgery a second time for it at which time the insurance company came up with that it was a pre-existing condition in spite of the reality that I had been examined 3 times by 3 different doctors due to the pain in my right arm, x-rays were taken and nothing found PRIOR to my Father enrolling us in this insurance.

SO of course off we went to court. They didn't want to pay for the second surgery, they lost, my Dads attorney won AND rubbed their face in it by making them pay his attorney's fees. The judge was disgusted and annoyed at the waste of his time and the obvious money hunger attitude of the insurance company.

I learned EARLY in life what insurance is all about. What I didn't learn then, I learned later on working for one. I call that the time I worked on the dark side.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Does your insurance cover tunnel vision?
After over 2 years serving on a citizens advisory committee, at the request of the United States Senate and House of Representatives, I'm confident that I am well informed on health insurance issues and the proposal(s) before the Congress.

Hence my comment(s) that there will be no UHC as you envision. There will be some much needed reforms but, no Public Option will come about. Even the White House has admitted that they will accept the demise of the PO

Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't get how anyone in todays world can be that uninformed as to how insurance works, unless they don't have any.

It is in the media alot when things like denial of treatment happen, its the subject of many a fictional story as well. They don't just make that stuff up, they take it from reality.

I had a medical problem for which I required surgery to correct it when I was 15, the insurance company paid out but then I required surgery a second time for it at which time the insurance company came up with that it was a pre-existing condition in spite of the reality that I had been examined 3 times by 3 different doctors due to the pain in my right arm, x-rays were taken and nothing found PRIOR to my Father enrolling us in this insurance.

SO of course off we went to court. They didn't want to pay for the second surgery, they lost, my Dads attorney won AND rubbed their face in it by making them pay his attorney's fees. The judge was disgusted and annoyed at the waste of his time and the obvious money hunger attitude of the insurance company.

I learned EARLY in life what insurance is all about. What I didn't learn then, I learned later on working for one. I call that the time I worked on the dark side.
This happens everywhere except in the lives of the anti uhc advocates.
No point even wasting more time on this Lindsey as no discussion will change somoenes mind who is convinced he is right even though the facts tell a completely diferent story.
I'm off to bed, bored with this silliness now.
Have a great night Lindsey. What's left of it anyway.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
After over 2 years serving on a citizens advisory committee, at the request of the United States Senate and House of Representatives, I'm confident that I am well informed on health insurance issues and the proposal(s) before the Congress.

Hence my comment(s) that there will be no UHC as you envision. There will be some much needed reforms but, no Public Option will come about. Even the White House has admitted that they will accept the demise of the PO

I can tell you for a fact that you are not well informed. You haven't a clue how smarmy a group insurance companies are, how cheap your life is. Not a clue at all.

In fact someone with as little a clue as you seem to have, should not be anywhere near this issue in an official capacity, the fact that you have been, tells me alot about why this countries health care is where it is today. Clueless people making decisions...thats what we need.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I can tell you for a fact that you are not well informed. You haven't a clue how smarmy a group insurance companies are, how cheap your life is. Not a clue at all.

In fact someone with as little a clue as you seem to have, should not be anywhere near this issue in an official capacity, the fact that you have been, tells me alot about why this countries health care is where it is today. Clueless people making decisions...thats what we need.
A number of our recommendations (given to the Congress in January) are part of the legislation(s) today

And your attempts to demean my intelligence is noted but you are wrong. I know about the types of cases you have cited - and I agree that there are delivery problems - some worse than you described.

If however you read, digested and tried basic comprehension with my posts, I stated, clearly, that I have not had problems with MY policy - my insurance - you on the other hand are trying to suggest or implying that ALL insurance polices are problems - which is a false assertion.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:

Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Let's put it this way: My health insurance company has NEVER denied paying a treatment ordered by my physican. NEVER.
As someone who can never get Medicare, I will continue to rely on my private insurance

And, we are not going to get a government run / sponsored insurance program in the US in the foreseeable future.
Do you believe that since your health insurance works for you, health insurance works for everyone?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
does your insurance cover tunnel vision?
lol!!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you believe that since your health insurance works for you, health insurance works for everyone?
Read post 176 for your answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies