Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:29 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's been pointed out more than once that these are not all Republicans. There are Democrats among them, and Independents too. Yes, the opposition is passionate, but that passion arises out of strong feelings. People don't want to see our country destroyed, changed to something unrecongnizable and foreign. We should all be fighting to preserve it.

The left is trying to demonize these folks simply because they disagree. And they are casting them in a bad light by busing in people to disrupt the meetings.

I wish I had the video clip I saw today of Hillary shouting (during the campaign) that people have a right to voice their opposition, that that is what America is all about.

Obama is doing exactly what he said he would do. That is the problem. We did not understand it until now.
thats absurd...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:38 PM

708 posts, read 1,296,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
There's nothing wrong with any of it. It is the American way. If you don't like that, maybe it's time to think about moving outside the country?
I haven't heard anything that stupid since the 70's. Maybe it's time people that are so unable to live peacefully with others should leave the country.

Oh, but then you would have to put up with free healthcare, a longer life span and less crime, and much less ignorance.

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You didnt see the careerbuilder ad Obama had out?

We use to have a rally every night for the final 2 weeks here for McCain and there was always paid Obama supporters at them.

Rudy came to a rally here down the street and there were paid Obama supporters standing out there.

You seriously didnt know that? They didnt deny it.

I thought everyone had seen the ad with careerbuilder

His grassroots movement was paid So why cant the RNC do it
Link(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, last time I checked, Obama has not had any problem pushing legislation he thinks is important.

So it seems to me, w/ the DEMS in majority . . . why hasn't Obama taken care of all the stuff you feel was so heinous in the Bush administration?

If he wanted to pull us out of Afghanistan and Iraq tomorrow, he could. All he has to do is an executive order.

Same for the Patriot Act.

Same for Gitmo.

All he has to do is say "make it happen" and it would.

So why aren't you asking those questions of this administration instead of clinging onto the anger of the past - and blame shifting and finger pointing?

What is your excuse for why your man hasn't "fixed" what you consider the heinous mistakes of the past?

Nixon said if elected, he would pull our troops out of Viet Nam and guess what? He did.

Obama talks the talk but so far, I am not seeing him walk the walk.
I often agree with you, anifani, but not on this. Nixon actually escalated the war for several years. The troops did not come home in entirety until 1973, a full four years after Nixon was inaugurated. Obama gets criticism for not having accomplishe everything in 6 months.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 PM

539 posts, read 700,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can you read? I posted:

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
They are paid puppets of the Insurance industry which wants to keep making obscene record profits off the backs of Americans.

Therefore, they are anti-American terrorists and should be arrested and tried as such."""

I never said they're anti-American because they're shooting off their ignorant hateful mouths. I said they are anti-American because they don't want their fellow citizens to have affordable health care. they worship as their God the Wealthy and want to continue having insurance execs suck them and everyone else dry.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Alinsky advises his followers that the poor have no power and that the real target is the middle class: "Organization for action will now and in the decade ahead center upon America's white middle class. That is where the power is. ... Our rebels have contemptuously rejected the values and the way of life of the middle class. They have stigmatized it as materialistic, decadent, bourgeois, degenerate, imperialistic, war-mongering, brutalized and corrupt. They are right; but we must begin from where we are if we are to build power for change, and the power and the people are in the middle class majority."

This is the reason Omama wants to change health care. Wake up people before it is to late.

Alinsky's teachings influenced Barack Obama in his early career as a community organizer on the far South Side of Chicago.[7][8] Working for Gerald Kellman's Developing Communities Project, Obama learned and taught Alinsky's methods for community organizing.

Omamma's campaign was change. Now we are finding the truth so carefully hidden from us..his change is destroy the white middle class...

they posted on the white house web site asking for informants to report on people opposing health care.

Last edited by LogicWings; 08-05-2009 at 08:04 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Where did these unenligthened lunatics come from? I am assuming they are all teabaggers? It is unbelievable how hateful and brainwashed these people are. I am all for freedom of expression but some of the things that have been said are just unbelievable, some insane woman was screaming "I want my country back" at one of these meetings LOL
That is correct we do want our country back from the brown shirts.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Link(s)?

I often agree with you, anifani, but not on this. Nixon actually escalated the war for several years. The troops did not come home in entirety until 1973, a full four years after Nixon was inaugurated. Obama gets criticism for not having accomplishe everything in 6 months.
Hi, Katiana!

I think maybe you are mixed up with your dates. Nixon ran against McGovern in 1972 on a platform of bringing home the boys. He did not run on that platform in 1968 and neither did Humphrey. In fact, the Democratic party was so factionalized over the war, that riots broke out at the 1968 convention, wh/ was held in Chicago.

So Nixon ran in 1972 and said he would get us out of VN - and he did. I am sure about this, b/c the 1972 election was the first I could vote in and I voted for Nixon expressly b/c he promised to end the war.

Nixon was elected in Nov, 1972 and inaugurated in Jan 1973, and the troops began withdrawal in March, 1973.

I expected the same from Obama, as this is what he said he would do. But maybe I misunderstood.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Rules for Radicals" begins with an unusual tribute: "From all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer."

Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hi, Katiana!

I think maybe you are mixed up with your dates. Nixon ran against McGovern in 1972 on a platform of bringing home the boys. He did not run on that platform in 1968 and neither did Humphrey. In fact, the Democratic party was so factionalized over the war, that riots broke out at the 1968 convention, wh/ was held in Chicago.

So Nixon ran in 1972 and said he would get us out of VN - and he did. I am sure about this, b/c the 1972 election was the first I could vote in and I voted for Nixon expressly b/c he promised to end the war.
Nixon was elected for the first time in 1968. He campaigned that he would end the war, but ended up escalating it for several more years.

Election promise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nixon was elected for the first time in 1968. He campaigned that he would end the war, but ended up escalating it for several more years.

Election promise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Neither Nixon nor Humphrey ran on a platform of ending the war in 1968. Nixon did promise to withdraw troops and he did withdraw some of the troops starting in 1969, after taking office. But he did not promise to end the war. The "hawks" outnumbered the "doves" at that point in time and there was still a lot of support to keep troops in VN.

I am not an apologist for Nixon, by any means. He should have withdrawn us from that war in 1969. Hell, we should never have been engaged in Viet Nam, period. Johnson should have pulled the plug! My point is simply that Obama said he would get us out of the middle east and I don't see a lot being done to reach that goal.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-05-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies