Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 AM

817 posts, read 853,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
There is a EXCELLANT Health service in the UK. Far from failing and falling apart. It is in no way being rationed and the Govt has increased the amount of money going into the NHS. New Hospitals are being built and the service has indeed improved. Waiting times are down and even though there is HUGE immigration from Eastern Europe and Asia, the NHS is coping extremely well.
No care is denied. If a drug has not been licenced or a better drug regime is thought better by the Doctor then one drug will be used over another. If that regime fails then different drugs are tried. My Father is 88 and has now discovered a leg problem. He has been given x-rays.MRI's and blood tests. He now sees a Consultant and is being given new drugs to help him. He is 88 and has never been denied any medical procedures.
I have posted facts on here about what a UHC is really like but if people insist on listening to uninformed propoganda then so be it. People can put what they believe to be the facts about a UHC on here and facts that they get from "Hearsay" but these "facts" are far from the truth.
I started a thread and asked if any Americans had any real experience of a UHC to find out if real experiences had formed the anti UHC ideas. Not one single bad experience was posted but quite a few good reports from people who have had real experience of a UHC.
Saying a system is bad or cannot work just based on Hearsay or biased propoganda is not the way to judge anything. I find it so laughable when i read these so called "informed" posts about the state or the workings of a UHC which are just stories related from hearsay and NOT fact.
UHC's work well and to be honest it is not until you live in a Country like America that has such a awful health system that you truly appreciate a UHC.
I've never lived in a country with UHC, have never had a problem with my healthcare, nor has anyone in my family. For the past 10 years my employers have paid 100% of my healthcare.

I have no interest in another tax forcing me to pay for healthcare for others.

We can reform our system without UHC. Thanks anyways, keep your UHC and leave us alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:34 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
I'd like to see these insurance bureaucrats charged with practicing medicine without a license. And when people die, they should be charged with manslaughter. It is inexcusable that health care is a for-profit "business" in this country.
I'd go beyond that. I would pursue charges of premeditated capital homicide, with the death penalty entirely on the table for all corporate officers and decisionmakers involved in the death.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:54 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
I've never lived in a country with UHC, have never had a problem with my healthcare, nor has anyone in my family. For the past 10 years my employers have paid 100% of my healthcare.

I have no interest in another tax forcing me to pay for healthcare for others.

We can reform our system without UHC. Thanks anyways, keep your UHC and leave us alone.
Great to know that your Healthcare is dependent on you keeping your job. How reassuring for your family to know that if you had an accident and lost your job then their healthcare is 100% over, unless you want to go to a Emergency room.
Of course you could never lose your job......Riiiiiiiiight!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Great to know that your Healthcare is dependent on you keeping your job. How reassuring for your family to know that if you had an accident and lost your job then their healthcare is 100% over, unless you want to go to a Emergency room.
Of course you could never lose your job......Riiiiiiiiight!
Health care is not a right in this country, not should it be. Government does not exist to put a band-aid on every cut you get. Sometimes life hurts a little, grow up and get used to it.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 AM

100 posts, read 305,831 times
If people are so hyped up about UHC, I would like to see all proponents of it do their own health care system WITHOUT forcing everyone else who doesn't want it to pay for it. While your at it, see if your senators will jump in on the same plan...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'll have to tell my husband and all my in-laws, family and friends living in Denmark that they've been taxed into submission, stripped of their individual freedom, denied the very existence of actual choice, and are living in extreme suffering.

They'll be shocked and dismayed to hear this news, as it's completely opposite of reality. So thank you for giving me the opportunity to warn them of such dire consequences of their current system of health care.

Their subjective opinion on freedoms allowed and freedoms relinquished being acceptable is not evidence of individual freedom. If we were to go down the list of their individual freedoms, you would have to give me a long line of excuses.... "but it helps the people", "but they have medical insurance..." and so on. If getting something requires me to remove my choice, then I submit to being a slave to the system. You may think that is acceptable, your family may, but freedom it does not make.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Health care is not a right in this country, not should it be. Government does not exist to put a band-aid on every cut you get. Sometimes life hurts a little, grow up and get used to it.
Tell the 40 million that health care is a "luxury item" in America.
You fight soooooo hard to prevent a decent health service in America ( i wonder why?). If you can't see that the health service in America is crumbling by the day then no common sense solution will appease you.
The "me,me,me" attitude seems alive and well in the USA,,,,,, UNTIL the complacent ones, who have now got health cover, lose their jobs or the Health Insurance Company denies them cover or treatment. This happens every day in America and will get worse if the Insurance Companies get their way.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
You fight soooooo hard to prevent a decent health service in America ( i wonder why?). If you can't see that the health service in America is crumbling by the day then no common sense solution will appease you.
The "me,me,me" attitude seems alive and well in the USA,,,,,, UNTIL the complacent ones, who have now got health cover, lose their jobs or the Health Insurance Company denies them cover or treatment. This happens every day in America and will get worse if the Insurance Companies get their way.
Which is why reform is needed.
Reform of the political structure that has rubber stamped what the insurance industry has written
Policies and every premium request has been approved by the government.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
I am not fighting to 'prevent decent health service', I am fighting to protect individual freedom. I realize the health care system is not working at the moment, but why on earth is govnernment the answer? Creating a government program limits competition and will, in the end, create a more inefficient system. You actually want an organization that is unable to create a balanced budget, that is deeper in debt than any other organization in the country to have control over your health care? That simply doesn't make sense to me! If you don't like the health care system, get a job in an insurance company and work to change their policies, or become a doctor and open a free clinic. The sustainable solutions exist in private sector reform, NOT government interaction. If our government were a company it would have gone out of business long ago, and yet we still put our faith in it. This seems crazy to me.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Apparently you've not suffered from an insurance company's interference with a doctor who is treating your loved one in so that loved one receives subpar treatment. Apparently you've not had your rates clime 400% in a matter of months. Apparently you've not battled insurance companies over pre-existing conditions and HIPPA laws in which they where guilty of violating. Yes, the federal government has a duty to protect its citizens from predatory practices from large corporations, especially if it damages the general welfare of its populous. A human has a right to live and the instinct for survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies