Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 AM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I seriously doubt that, can you provide the study please so I can review their creative methods?
Usually you can pick out the pot-smoking drivers on the highway--they are over in the right lane, doing 40. And they won't be on the road too long because they will get some sort of snack into their head that they just HAVE to have. They shouldn't be driving, of course, but they are far less dangerous than the drunks, who should be shot on sight.

The difference is that people who drink like that simply do not have the capacity to care about anyone else--NO ONE ELSE--not their children, not their parents, not their spouse--and certainly not you, a stranger driving on the same street. It's an immature refusal to grow up and face your problems like everyone else. At least this Shuler woman had the decency to kill herself. Most of the time they kill others and walk away with a scratch and then try to play the sympathy card that they have a "disease" and complain that others are judging them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Man she has a higher tolerance than I had. 10 drinks + weed is me dizzy and trying to sleep.
Geeze. Ten plus drinks plus weed...me is either dead already or on a respirator in the hospital.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
What I found to be most disturbing in the story is that she had children in the car, who died because of her actions.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Just wondering, why is this in the politics forum?
Some people are for drunk drivers, other people are against drunk drivers.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Some people are for drunk drivers, other people are against drunk drivers.
Who is for drunk driving?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Driver in Deadly Taconic Crash Was Drunk, High - ABC News

When I first heard about the story, I figured she had some issued going on with her eyes but now that I know the truth, I am just outraged.

I have nothing against those who choose to drink alcohol or smoke marijuana but just go about is responsibly. Had she just smoked marijuana, I think it would have been okay since studies have shown that those who smoke marijuana are aware they're high and avoid driving.
It is probably a good thing for her she died. I think that is in the same county with the woman DA that likes to charge drunk drivers with 2nd degree murder and put them in jail for 15 to 30 years. She was on 60 Minutes a while back.

Heidgen Gets 18 Years To Life In Limo Crash Case - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/dwi.murder.trial.2.242472.html?detectflash=false - broken link)

Old 08-05-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Who is for drunk driving?
Drunk drivers are for drunk driving. And I would venture to say that most of us have been guilty of it at one time or another in the course of our lives. I am sure I would have blown a .08 a few times myself in earlier days. Maybe even a .10. But twice the legal limit- no way!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 AM

At least she- in the picture on the picnic table- handled it like she should and did not try to drive home!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Drunk drivers are for drunk driving. And I would venture to say that most of us have been guilty of it at one time or another in the course of our lives. I am sure I would have blown a .08 a few times myself in earlier days. Maybe even a .10. But twice the legal limit- no way!
There are times I would have too.

But even most drunk drivers are against drunk driving.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Because the name of the forum is politics and other controversies. Every once in awhile there is some news that doesn’t involve politics.

Quote:
took the lives of her 2-year-old daughter and three nieces who were riding in her van as well as all three men who were in the SUV. Her 5-year-old son was the lone survivor of the crash.
This story is really sad. I have to wonder where she was getting drunk and high with 4 small children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies