Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Holy cow! Are you really that paranoid? Or do you have to work on it? The WH is asking for information, not names!
Oh I see you are really that naive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is outside the realm of what the GOV should be doing. It is thuggery plain n simple Chicago/Hitler style crap. He does not need to know who only the information itself if he must know.
Government trying to put FACTS in front of the people is a bad thing because?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So are people who oppose going to start going missing? Or how about IRS troubles. Or trumped up charges of terrorist charges?

I believe you're confusing this with the previous administration

Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You find nothing wrong with the government wanting citizens to report other citizens who say things against obama's plan? This is something out of a fascist or communist country, not a free country.
Every bank I have, even paypal, has a procedure for reporting spam by forwarding spam emails for them to investigate.

I see nothing wrong with anyone doing this. It's fighting fire with fire. You can't expect the internet to be used for one thing and not another. And no individuals are being "targeted".

Face it people, we are dealing with new technology here, and the amount of disinformation being spread, and believed, is staggering. And anything valid is lost in a sea of paranoia. If someone took a position of mine and spun it to say something different, the only way I could correct that is by KNOWING it was said in the first place. Everyone, including the government, needs to be proactive.

All of us need to be informed, to know THE REAL INFORMATION. A society of ignorant people does nothing good.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 PM

479 posts, read 660,882 times
Prove it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
To put it simply

WRONG.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM

9,502 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I write my congressman, my senator and the white house all the time (and have for the last 40 years). and ask questions. (and with some, get answers or good explanations)

So what is the problem?

You'd rather have "your source" of information being the only source no matter if it is right or wrong?

Sounds like another conservative in communist clothing.(or would it be communist in conservative clothing?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I dont know where you live but the government isnt involved in every aspect of my life.

He is asking that rumors be reported so they can be countered. Never did they ask for names.

Learn to read and comprehend. You will understand things much better that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Not if you remove ALL previous email addresses from the email. If you just hit 'forward' and send it, yes. Anyone you forward it to would have access to all of that info. Which is why, when I forward anything, I delete any and all previous email info.
You people are so gullable. You don't think that if the government wanted to they could find out where the email originated, who received it and passed it on? Holy cow!

The average consumer can buy a program called eMail Tracker Pro for instance.

Quote:
In most cases eMailTrackerPro will identify the IP address of the sender's computer, the sender's geographical location, and the company providing Internet service (or ISP) for the IP address. Reports for email abuse -- such as spam, email-borne viruses and email threats -- should be directed to the sender's ISP.
Pretty powerful program. I wonder what the gov't has!

You can erase the email information that YOU see, but the data is still in the email.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
that program (and in most cases a simple glance at the header and a little research - save your money) can track the information about a message *i* send to you.

it cannot track the information about a message i *forward* to you, except back to me.

have you ever reported a spam or phishing e-mail to your e-mail provider? they ask that you pull up the detailed header information and send it to them. that is because they can't get that information from your forwarded message.

now wouldn't you think that if the technology existed to track a forwarded e-mail back to the original sender existed, e-mail providers and isps would have it?

when you forward an e-mail, you are forwarding text, and that's it.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
You people are so gullable. You don't think that if the government wanted to they could find out where the email originated, who received it and passed it on? Holy cow!

The average consumer can buy a program called eMail Tracker Pro for instance.

Pretty powerful program. I wonder what the gov't has!

You can erase the email information that YOU see, but the data is still in the email.

YouTube - How To Brainwash A Nation

Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Sure they probably could. They could probably tell what you are wearing right now based on this post if they wanted. But that isn't what they are asking for. What they want to know is the information, misinformation, rumors, gossip, etc. so it can be addressed.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You'd prefer the continuation of misinformation?
Silly question, of course you would.

They're not asking for names, they're interested in disinformation so that the issues can be addressed.
Did you even read past the first paragraph?
Silly me to think that you would.

You know, disinformation, like the kind of bunk that we shoot down every day on CD.
Continuation of misinformation? Are you suggesting that everything that comes out of Democrats' or Obama's mouth is absolutely true? Politics is nothing BUT misinformation, and you somehow believe this Administration is any different? We call your types buffoons where I come from.

Just the fact that you'd ask a question like that confirms that the liberal left are nothing short of naive. Go ahead. Believe everything they tell you. I love saying "I told you so."

Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
And you have conveniently forgot to include the fact that if your current private plan changes in any way you will default to the government program!
link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies