Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You have fascism on the brain, too? .
Not me. You brought it up. I merely commented on your post. If you don't have it on your mind, don't rant about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
i turned in over 50 Americans just in the last 2 days. i can't believe they have been conned into supporting socialized health care in the first place. there is no discussion or transparency on this at all just a blatent takeover.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i turned in over 50 Americans just in the last 2 days. i can't believe they have been conned into supporting socialized health care in the first place. there is no discussion or transparency on this at all just a blatent takeover.
Friends and relatives ? Or did you find 50 people you don't know ?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
I turned in myself! Save the Gumbint the cost and resources in tracking me down. Just doing my part.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
This is why Obama wants a civilian national security force.
He already has one.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitsnBites View Post
Asking citizens to forward emails and web information containing disinformation or emails and web information that seem 'fishy' is a very indirect way of infringing on an individual's right to free speech. .
That's false.

It only infringes on rights when they try to stop or stop you from saying what you are saying. As long as that doesnt happen and you can keep saying what you are saying then you havent lost your rights.

Quote:
Think about that. The majority of individuals that would normally email their friends, co-workers or family members with information that they believe is important will now reconsider discussing their ideas and opinions in an open forum on the internet (via chat rooms, message boards & blogs) and will reconsider sending emails containing those ideas and opinions to anyone for fear that their information may be forwarded to then collected by the Government for use at some future date. It is not far fetched or paranoid to think this way. History shows us that this is how the end of freedom begins..
When you forward an e-mail to a group of people, you lose your right to privacy in that e-mail because it will continue to be forwarded to hundreds or even thousands of people. There isnt much the government can do with your e-mail address. I would be much more concerned about private citizens having my e-mail address than the government.

Quote:
In an earlier post in this thread, a link was given to a democratic underground web site. The message boards were flooded with folks braggin about how they 'turned in' their friends, co-workers and relatives' emails simply because their friends, co-workers and relatives had differing opinions on healthcare and had provided details on their opinions in their emails that the posters did not like or agree with. Freedom of speech means freedom of speech, not the freedom to speak only when you are correct..
These people are stupid because NO ONE is being turned in. All the White House is asking for is false information be passed on so they can counter it with correct information.

Dont you think it is fair for the public to have the FACTS about these bills so everyone knows what is going on?

We have probably never seen such false information spread on a intiative than we have right now.

When people 65 or older are being told they are going to be put to death by the government , something has to be done. This is really going on.

How can you be okay with this false information being spread?

It isnt fair that elderly citizens are sitting at home shaking in their boots that they are going to be killed because pamphlets are being passed around saying this.

That is the kind of stuff the White House is wanting to know, not the source.

Ordinarily, I wouldnt support this either. But, the fearmongering and misinformation has gone too far.

When people are fearing their lives, something has to be done.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:35 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sure. I believe this.
Now that it's true,what excuse will you come up with to justify this action? Would love to hear that

Old 08-07-2009, 03:37 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That's false.

It only infringes on rights when they try to stop or stop you from saying what you are saying. As long as that doesnt happen and you can keep saying what you are saying then you havent lost your rights.
This is not true. This is form of intimidation. You are not legally within your right to intimidate a person from freedom of expressing one's thoughts.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 PM

You will have to excuse me...I just Obama-ed in my pants and it smells worst than "fishy" almost most like a gathering of *******s

Old 08-07-2009, 04:13 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Well, since countering the rumors would, without this illegal snitching, require the White House to listen to the people, it won't happen.
"Illegal snitching"???? Exactly what's illegal about it? If you are free to forward whatever email you want to me, I'm free to forward it to anyone I choose, including the White House. Not one thing illegal about it.

If you still insist it's illegal, prove it. Name the law that it violates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies