Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
maybe americans feel that clinton did not have the right to apologize for the united states because the average american had nothing to do with those 2 girls being in north korea anyway. i read that north korea would not accept al gore's apology.
What "apology" would that have been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
You know . . . North Korea had every right to detain anyone who upsurped their sovereignty by crossing their border illegally. Just cause everyone in America is used to folks passing across our border daily, it doesn't mean it is LEGAL.

The problem came in when NK tried and imprisoned these women as spies.

Whatever Clinton did or said to gain the release of these women was the right thing to do. In case you folks don't remember it . . . we have troops on the North Korean border - I believe we have about 30,000 troops in or near the DMZ and perhaps you all are not aware that North Korea still considers themselves at war w/ the USA.

Whatever "apology" or diplomatic dance Clinton had to do in order to bring these citizens home was the right thing to do.

If this were any of our family members, I can bet we would be cheering whatever was said or done to get our loved ones back on American soil.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Battling Brazil: The Fight to Bring a Kidnapped Boy Home

Battling Brazil: The Fight to Bring a Kidnapped Boy Home - ABC News

I know Hillary has been involved and trying to do something and so have some Senators, but if Bill Clinton can fly around half the world why can't they go and pick up this kidnapped son of an American?

Is this because the father isn't working for Al Gore's company, and one of the journalists is the sister of a famous tv host and journalist, and the father is just an avergage American?

Dont' get me wrong, i got tears in my eyes just watching them come back, but on the other hand they did something wrong and took the risk them self...this little boy was taken from the father without the father doing anything wrong!

How much did this trip cost and who is getting to pay for this...?

I'm happy they are reunited with their family but something seems wrong and I think it has to do with money....

Even Obama is now coming on tv to respond and get his credit in this whole thing!
Not even answering questions...Obama is probable scared to get a real question why them be freed while other average Americans aren't helped!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:

I know Hillary has been involved and trying to do something and so have some Senators, but if Bill Clinton can fly around half the world why can't they go and pick up this kidnapped son of an American?

Is this because the father isn't working for Al Gore's company, and one of the journalists is the sister of a famous tv host and journalist, and the father is just an avergage American?

Dont' get me wrong, i got tears in my eyes just watching them come back, but on the other hand they did something wrong and took the risk them self...this little boy was taken from the father without the father doing anything wrong!

I'm happy they are reunited with their family but something seems wrong and I think it has to do with money....

Even Obama is now coming on tv to respond and get his credit in this whole thing!
Not even answering questions...Obama is probable scared to get a real question why them be freed while other average Americans aren't helped!
Valid question and I doubt you will get a single Obama supporter to care

Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
LOL...What would that question be..

Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL...What would that question be..
"Waaaah, Bill Clinton frees journalists but he doesnt want to mess with somebody's custody case!"

Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What's the matter Kev, your sorry excuse for a thread not getting the attention that you think that it deserves so you decided to troll over to this one an try your tired jokes on another audience?
That's exactly what I was thinking. Lame, Kev. Lame and disrespectful.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What "apology" would that have been?
I am happy they are home but maybe they were spies. Why do Korea, Iran etc.. only catch innocent American journalists, tourists or businessmen? We know that the US has spies in these countries (and would be critical of our gov't if it didn't have an intelligence network) yet real spies are never caught. Maybe because they are disguised as innocent American journalists, tourists & businessmen.. or wives of ambassadors?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:

wow. way to turn a positive into a negative!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It is not a valid question. the 2 situations are completely different and not related what so ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies