Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Deporting Illegals:would it help fund Healthcare Reform
Yes. 19 45.24%
No. 7 16.67%
It would help,but not enough. 11 26.19%
The costs to deport would actually hurt funding. 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM

526 posts, read 1,755,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Do you think if the U.S. deported ALL Illegal Aliens and stopped the drain/strain they put on welfare programs that the funding would then be available for Healthcare Reform?

With millions upon millions NOT paying taxes and only sponging off of the medical industry and the welfare system I think it would be a great step in the right direction.Do you?
I voted Yes.

First, You don't have to deport them, nor do you need to build a wall. All you have to do is change our citizenship process from "law of the land" to "law of the blood". What does this mean?

It means that citizenship no longer is based on where you are born but whom you are born to. Under "law of the blood", at least one parent has to be an existing US citizen for their child to be considered a citizen.

Second, you need to change the social security card to some unforgeable documentation like our passports. In fact most other countries have this already. It has a tax code like a social security but it also has your picture, thumb print, and in some case a computer microchip that our American passport already has.

Third, you need to deny all healthcare services for illegal immigrants (along with every other program such as school, welfare checks, and all other forms of government assistance).

Fourth, make English the "Official Language" of the US. What this does is make it less expensive for healthcare providers because there would not be any document in a language other than English.

Lastly, the salaries for all employees must be direct deposited into a checking account that cannot be acquired unless you are a citizen of the US. If a business can't prove that all of its employees have information regarding checking accounts, the business shall be fined 5 years profits.

I guarantee that if you do all of this overnight, there will be no incentive for illegal immigration into this country. These methods are much cheaper than building walls, deporting, or letting illegal immigrants exploit this nation for its good graces.

Last edited by jja100; 08-05-2009 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I agree with Delusianne but just hitting those people with the $10,000 per head of illegals they hire would make many of them wonder what the profit line really was. The law we have in effect to punish those who hire illigals provides for that fine and jail. Put the CEOs in jail.
I agree and those laws should be enforced "with extreme prejudice" against the CEOs and owners of companies that hire illegals.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
and we are back to the root problem. when you have a government in bed with big business, it is simply not going to happen. the only thing that people can do is VOTE OUT these people who want to support those who take jobs from americans. (and legal immigrants). i have no problem with legal immigrants as they contributed to the system the same as american workers.

i watched a business channel that stated that there is an "oversupply" of labor. how on earth do we think that we can fix that problem? will it be by deporting illegal immigrants or culling our excess senior population?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
and we are back to the root problem. when you have a government in bed with big business, it is simply not going to happen. the only thing that people can do is VOTE OUT these people who want to support those who take jobs from americans. (and legal immigrants). i have no problem with legal immigrants as they contributed to the system the same as american workers.

i watched a business channel that stated that there is an "oversupply" of labor. how on earth do we think that we can fix that problem? will it be by deporting illegal immigrants or culling our excess senior population?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,871 times
yea instead of deporting just use the taxes from initiating a program that makes it cheaper initially to become a citizen, it's like buying a house, a lot of people could afford the mortgage just not the down payment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies