Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:41 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times

Advertisements

true, but those are the ones who were able to prove that the rumors were malicious and hurt them personally or professionally.

palin will not be able to prove this, so the case will not be successful.

funny how she keeps threatening to sue everyone but never actually does. she knows she can't win, she just wants the publicity and sympathy. give em hell sarah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In Ms. Palins case - she has chosen to go after a party for the falsehoods that this guy wrote. That is her legal right. Her freedom to do so.
Actually, that would be "Mrs. Palin."

Old 08-05-2009, 01:45 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
His pseudonym is 'Gryphen', his name is Jesse Griffen and his blog is Immoral Minority. He caused a stir last week when he incorrectly claimed Sarah Palin was getting a divorce. Well two intrepid bloggers have done some digging on Mr. Griffen. It makes for some interesting reading.

Do yourself a favor, grab a cup of coffee, open up a coupla brower windows and check out bloggers Dan Riehl (Riehl World View) and Robert McCain (The Other McCain) for their in depth work over the last week. They get major props for shining the lite of truth on one of the blogosphere's less than savory characters.

Note: Mr. Griffen was outed by another blogger afflicted with Palin Derangement Syndrom, Dan Zaki, apparently by accident or incompetence.
I can't stand Palin. But these bloggers on both sides have to tone it down. They just straight up lie.

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Sarah's 15 muinutes of fame? That is a good one when she is talked about constantly in every type of media that ever existed . The bottom feeder's 15 minutes of fame is more like it. He should be happy, he will get more hits on his web site. Bottom feeders flock together.

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
true, but those are the ones who were able to prove that the rumors were malicious and hurt them personally or professionally.

funny how she keeps threatening to sue everyone but never actually does. she knows she can't win, she just wants the publicity and sympathy. give em hell sarah!
Poor Sarah. Pleaseeeee stop picking on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I can't stand Palin. But these bloggers on both sides have to tone it down. They just straight up lie.
You know what? You are right. I can't stand Palin at all either but I was a bit upset over hearing that someone spread lies about her and her husband divorcing.

That was downright uncalled for and not needed. Bash her politics. Not her marriage. I would be so offended if someone spread a lie that me and partner were no longer together, let alone divorcing!

That was uncalled for completely. Pick on her politics-not her family.

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post

Keep in mind, the fact that someone is served with a lawsuit does not instantaneously make it a matter of public record. This is a fact.

So, for those trying to find out if she has actually sued this guy - you can't find out right now anyway.

As for her being successful with this case: if she can show that the defendant knew the information was not true and that the defendant published it nonetheless with the intention of harming the defendants reputation - the Plaintiff would be successful.

Also, in cases like this, the Plaintiffs are not always (as some think) seeking monetary awards (damages) - more often than not, they seek retractions of the story and RO's against further untrue publications by the defendant.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, that would be "Mrs. Palin."
Agreed.

However, the term "Ms" is also legally correct.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
she makes a big deal about using mrs., i think that was the point.

and i remember hearing that she retracted her threat to sue, but i don't remember where so i'll assume for now that i'm wrong about that.

in any case she has threatened to sue the media before and not followed through.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Any celebrity ever win a lawsuit where they were accused of getting divorced by a gossip magazine? I can't find anything even close to that.

Bottom line, nothing here to see.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And I thought conservatives thought liberals were against freedom of speech....
Freedom of speech is one thing. Lies, slander and defamation of character is another. The intent to do harm to an individual makes it illegal.

Freedom of speech is the right to speak out against policies, programs, etc. of the government (for example) without fear of retribution by the government for voicing your opinion publicly.

Apparently, the current occupant of the White House thinks this is okay as long as you are speaking out against Republicans, but when people begin to speak out against his policies, and his administratio, and the current Democrat congress, those people are now "angry mobs", being "organized" (this from the "community orgainzer" turned president) by the Repulican Party, Fox News (yes, Fox has been blamed too) Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives.

But those who run smear campaigns against Sarah Palin, are free to do their evil, and Obama and the Democrats couldn't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies