Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,968 times

Advertisements

Extreme left wing poster after poster has reffered to the the Tea Party folks as "Tea Baggers" on this forum. I for one cannot think of anything less mature than to call those whom you disagree with names, particularly a name that is a sexual reference.

Reminds me of something a bunch of thirteen year old boys would do. But then again, maybe thats really their mentality.

Name calling like this is probably the most immature and pathetic form of debate there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,812 times
T-baggers Rofl

Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
what do you expect from the crowd that considers it the height of wit to intentionally misspell fox news?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
T-baggers Rofl

Case in point.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary Clinton
I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.
Hillary Rodham Clinton Quotes

Funny how those words only apply to one side of the debate.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
I'm a Tea bagger, and I find it funny, too. Does that make me a traitor?

If you let stuff like that bother you, your going to grow gray hair, or lose it faster than just dealing with what is happening to America right now.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Hillary Rodham Clinton Quotes

Funny how those words only apply to one side of the debate.
Oh yes, it is indeed funny. If we were to do a scientific analysis, it would be those on the right who take first prize on the use of name-calling as a form of acceptable debate. I'm not excusing the other side since both are guilty of resorting to soundbite slanders to further their cause. But, after years on this forum, and a lifetime of listening to television and radio, it is clearly the right side of this foolish ideological rift that employs such tactics...with shameless abandon, I might add.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
I was at the aquatic center and the TV was on one of those OTHER stations and the person talking was really trying to put down the impact of the tea parties. I do not understand the news stations that campaigned for Obama 24/7 keeping up this garbage. Do they not know we are on to them and do not listen to it anymore. There go the ratings. LOL

Old 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm a Tea bagger, and I find it funny, too. Does that make me a traitor?

If you let stuff like that bother you, your going to grow gray hair, or lose it faster than just dealing with what is happening to America right now.
No, it just makes you a fanatic of fellow t-baggers.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:42 PM

43 posts, read 52,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Oh yes, it is indeed funny. If we were to do a scientific analysis, it would be those on the right who take first prize on the use of name-calling as a form of acceptable debate. I'm not excusing the other side since both are guilty of resorting to soundbite slanders to further their cause. But, after years on this forum, and a lifetime of listening to television and radio, it is clearly the right side of this foolish ideological rift that employs such tactics...with shameless abandon, I might add.
Lies do not become you.

Google any pejorative combination you wish.

"Left wing extremists" - 59,000 hits
"Right wing extremists" - 230,000 hits

"Clinton is stupid" - 2,660 hits
"Bush is stupid" - 47,600 hits

Which president was called "the world's Number One Terrorist"?

President Bush.

Which president was caricatured as the Joker on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine, and nobody raised an eyebrow? Well again that was Bush.

But now that Joker Obama posters have gone viral, suddenly that is proof of "racism" and all manner of things bad.

Democrats have been lying through their teeth for so very long that they no longer have any idea of reality.

Calling Republicans "Nazis" and "fascists" and "racists" is garden variety for the party that reelects Ted Kennedy, killer of Mary Jo Kopechne, to office every chance it gets.

Demeaning Christians in the most hateful terms possible is easy when you reelect a former Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan to the U.S. Senate, by name Robert Byrd.

Only Democrats can get away with such abject treachery, including the likes of Harry Reid who said "We've lost in Iraq" and Ted Kennedy and John Murtha who, like John Kerry, have smeared our soldiers on the battlefield.

You, sir, are beneath contempt. Far beneath it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies