Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sorry, but as conservatives like to say: "The people have spoken."

You'll have another chance in 2012.
Correction, 2010. At least for his cronnies in congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 04:54 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
We somehow found the money for that war of YOURS!

So we can't find money to keep Americans healthy!!!?????

And , YES, when you want to destroy Americans by impoverishing them, taking away their health care , that's TERRORISM!

You think people are only terrorized by planes and bombs???That's STUPID!
Holy **** this guy is a class act. Yes sorry my bad you had to fund my wars ok my mistake. Im sorry I decided to send America to go to war for my own benefit. Hey wasn't it Obama who decided to send more troops to Afghanistan? Oh what am I thinking that was me, I just couldn't wait to kick some ass in the Middle East.

How do you know I support the war? Just because I disapprove of Universal Health care that I'm some die hard right wing nutjob? Its assumptions like these that make people look dumb.

Quote:
I bet if a Republican were President right now and decided we needed to go to war with another country, suddenly, there would be no problem with spending more money.
Really? Well thank god a Republican isn't president then huh?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Funny that you left this part out of your post - "According to the survey, more than half of all Americans have strong feelings regarding the health care debate, with about a third saying they strongly oppose Obama's plans and 23 percent strongly in favor."

33% strongly oppose, 23% strongly in favor. Of the ones who have "strong feelings," far more are opposed.
Interesting that this wasn't noted:

"Half sample: Do you think it is or is not necessary to make major structural changes in the nation's health care system in order to make sure that all Americans have health insurance?

77% Necessary, 21% Not necessary

Half sample: Do you think it is or is not necessary to make major structural changes in the nation's health care system in order to reduce health care costs?
74% Necessary, 23% Not necessary"

Pollster.com: US: Health Care (CNN 7/31-8/3)

Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
How about you just save that money and pay for your doctor visit when the time comes. The most I have had done in the last 13 years is a few physicals, a broken ankle, and a bee sting(had to go to the hospital because the little sucker got into my Mountain Dew can and stung me on the tongue) Total cost of my medical treatments over the last 13 years. About two thousand dollars.
Well that's very nice for you, but life is not predictable. I had a serious case of pneumonia a few years ago and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. Total bill? About $110,000. If I hadn't had insurance, I would have ended up broke. Or I guess I could have just ignored the bills or filed for bankruptcy, but when people do those things, their debts just get spread around to everybody else. I don't think that's the way it should work.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Interesting that this wasn't noted:

"Half sample: Do you think it is or is not necessary to make major structural changes in the nation's health care system in order to make sure that all Americans have health insurance?

77% Necessary, 21% Not necessary

Half sample: Do you think it is or is not necessary to make major structural changes in the nation's health care system in order to reduce health care costs?
74% Necessary, 23% Not necessary"

Pollster.com: US: Health Care (CNN 7/31-8/3)
Good point.

I'm against Obama's health care plan, but I do feel that "major structural changes" need to be made. There are MANY, MANY who feel the same way I do.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,814 times
Quote:
Good point.

I'm against Obama's health care plan, but I do feel that "major structural changes" need to be made. There are MANY, MANY who feel the same way I do.
Im pretty sure everyone can agree on that.

At this point in time finically irresponsible to have universal health care. THe national debt is pass the 11 trillion mark but yet we still want to spend? And who is gonna take care of these 45 million people. THere aren't enough doctors how it is. I just feel this whole thing is being rushed.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:05 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It might interest you to learn that some of us want no GOVERNMENT health plan at all. The government messes up everything it does under this administration. I just wish Obama and his cronies would go crawl back under their rock.
And some of us prefer that our tax money not be spent bombing Afghanistan and Iraq into the Stone Age, but we didn't get much choice, did we?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Obama’s Approval Rating Drops on Health Care, Economy Concerns - Bloomberg.com

Quote:
"The poll found that voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy by 49 percent to 45 percent. On his effort to overhaul of the health-care system, 52 percent disapprove of his handling of the issue while 39 percent approve."]The poll found that voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy by 49 percent to 45 percent. On his effort to overhaul of the health-care system, 52 percent disapprove of his handling of the issue while 39 percent approve.
Sorry, virtually every poll shows the same trend - massive disapproval for obamacare.

Pew, Rasmussen, NBC, CBS, Quinnipiac, Zogby.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 AM

221 posts, read 219,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
The poll is biased in many ways. You can be against Obama's plan, but still support a national health plan. There are things I don't care for in Obama's plan, but it's better than no plan. Rather than fighting to defeat the plan, we should fight to make it the best it can be.
You are spot on.
Instead of discounting Obama's plan we should all be trying for a plan that can work for everyone. I am more than willing to pay tax for the health of the Nation. I now pay tax for overseas aid etc so why shouldn't i pay for American aid. Maybe i am more patriotic and less selfish than some on here who only care about themselves and couldn't care less how many good Americans suffer everyday through no health cover. These "Americans" wouldn't care if you burst into flames as long as they have good health cover.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It might interest you to learn that some of us want no GOVERNMENT health plan at all. The government messes up everything it does under this administration. I just wish Obama and his cronies would go crawl back under their rock.
Can you name "everything" that this administration has messed up in 6 short months? I think you have a Bush administration hangover.

Quote:
Depends on whether we really needed to go to war or not
We didn't need to go the last time but we did and we're still paying for it and will be paying for it forever with an even more distabalized middle east.

Quote:
Well that's very nice for you, but life is not predictable. I had a serious case of pneumonia a few years ago and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. Total bill? About $110,000. If I hadn't had insurance, I would have ended up broke. Or I guess I could have just ignored the bills or filed for bankruptcy, but when people do those things, their debts just get spread around to everybody else. I don't think that's the way it should work.
Don't put it into context. They don't like that. You're only suppose to use terms like deficit and universal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
And some of us prefer that our tax money not be spent bombing Afghanistan and Iraq into the Stone Age, but we didn't get much choice, did we?
We sure didn't but now those same folks claim they want to read a bill BUT when given an opportunity to discuss it they cause chaos..So pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies