Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama that Americans should start informing on other Americans?
Yes 6 6.74%
No 23 25.84%
No. This is another thing that will backfire on Obama and the Democrat Party. 55 61.80%
The White House is requesting Americans to inform on other Americans. Obama has nothing to do with it. 0 0%
Other 5 5.62%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times

Advertisements

Look out. Everyone on CD will be ratted out.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Come on, CJ. Anyone would know that without the stimulus all that would have been leftout would be the half of it that was paid to unions and other workers that got that man elected. Pork is pork and by any other name it is still pork.
Recovery.gov
Recovery.org - Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The recovery would have taken place in 3 or 4 years without that law. Many were fooled into thinking that stimulus would put people back to work and here we are about 6 months from it and no jobs yet.
3-4 year recession without it based on what you read?
Or your own predictions?
That doesn't sound so good to me.

I've read more optimistic predictions (from financial analysts) that claimed we'll be out of the recession in a year.

Congressional budget office expects up to 9.1% increase in real GDP over the next four years as a result of the stimulus you and your crew repeatedly claims failed.
Are you considering that, or ignoring it in your expert assessment?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
4 million jobs have been lost since he took office. So to get to 4.1 million new jobs he has to make up for the 4 million that are lost. The CBO estimate was beased on an 6% unemplyment rate. It is soaring towards 10%!
Your math/logic is flawed.
You try to claim that Obama or the stimulus caused those 4 million lost jobs.
Which is ridiculous.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Recovery.gov
Recovery.org - Home

3-4 year recession without it based on what you read?
Or your own predictions?
That doesn't sound so good to me.

I've read more optimistic predictions (from financial analysts) that claimed we'll be out of the recession in a year.

Congressional budget office expects up to 9.1% increase in real GDP over the next four years as a result of the stimulus you and your crew repeatedly claims failed.
Are you considering that, or ignoring it in your expert assessment?
I don't know what you have been reading but we have been in the recession for over a year and a half.

It's official: U.S. in a recession since December 2007 - Dec. 1, 2008

Since you are so impressed by the CBO what do you think of this?

Congressional Budget Office - A Preliminary Analysis of the President's Budget and an Update of CBO's Budget and Economic Outlook

Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Your math/logic is flawed.
You try to claim that Obama or the stimulus caused those 4 million lost jobs.
Which is ridiculous.

They were lost on his watch. He didn't say stimuls would create 4.1 million jobs. He also said unemployment wouldn't go above 8%. Good call. By using your logic ne could pick the nadir and claim any jobs lost prior to that weren't his problem but all new jobs since that point were due to stimulus.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know what you have been reading but we have been in the recession for over a year and a half.
Are you trying to back up roy's "recovery 3-4 years from now" statement?
Your point isn't clear.

Quote:
Since you are so impressed by the CBO what do you think of this?
Want me to read it to you? Lol.
What's your number.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
This topic is getting huge. Do you agree with Obama that Americans should start informing on other Americans?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ts-if-you.html
This letter is right from the senator's official website
.: United States Senator John Cornyn, Texas :: For The Press :.
.: United States Senator John Cornyn, Texas :: For The Press :. (http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ForPress.NewsReleases&Content Record_id=ebc2c77d-802a-23ad-4ae4-6ccf4c7a255c - broken link)

Sen. Cornyn Calls On White House To Immediately Stop Compiling Political Enemies List
Sends letter to President Obama expressing grave concern over new White House program to monitor speech of American citizens’ with opposing political views

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In a letter to President Obama, U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, expressed serious concern about the White House's new program requesting Americans to forward email chains and other communications opposing the President's health care policies. Sen. Cornyn is seeking assurances that the program is being carried out in a manner consistent with the First Amendment and America's tradition of free speech and public discourse.
Sen. Cornyn's letter also inquires about the collection of names, email addresses, IP addresses, and private speech of U.S. citizens that will be reported, which raises the specter of a data collection program.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:20 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Look out. Everyone on CD will be ratted out.
I'm proud to be ratted out...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
They were lost on his watch. He didn't say stimuls would create 4.1 million jobs. He also said unemployment wouldn't go above 8%. Good call. By using your logic ne could pick the nadir and claim any jobs lost prior to that weren't his problem but all new jobs since that point were due to stimulus.
You have $20
I promise you, "I'll give you $10 a month from now"

Great, you think.
You'll have $30.
But you like to drink so you buy a bottle of JD with your $20.

The next month I give you $10.
And you try to blame me for you not having $30.
But you are still $10 wealthier than you'd be without my help.

That is what you are doing with the stimulus.
You logically cannot assign jobs lost in the private sector to the stimulus as you want to do.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 AM

539 posts, read 699,999 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies