Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Bush and other Politicians committed Treason?
Yes 26 59.09%
No 18 40.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:38 PM

452 posts, read 1,129,850 times

Advertisements

If you think Bush and the other turn coats have or have not acted in a treasonous manner to the citizens of this country please explain.(This poll is not in regards to the war in Iraq, it is in regards to criminal immigration only...Thanks)

Treason---In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy.

Traitor--- may also mean a person who betrays (or is accused of betraying) their own political party, nation, family, friends, ethnic group, religion, social class, or other group to which they may belong.

The Constitution does not itself create the offense; it only restricts the definition. The crime is prohibited by legislation passed by Congress. Therefore the United States Code at 18 U.S.C. § 2381 states "whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM

56 posts, read 161,087 times
Default Treason - Slick Willie

Treason - now there's a charge for you. Clearly Bill Clinton committed treason when he put American troops under the command of the UN in Europe. He also committed treason when he participated and rode on the 'peace train' for the benefit of the Soviet Union. These are forbidden by the US Constitution. I have bad feelings about Bush and the Iraq situation and especially bad feelings about Roosevelt and botteling the navy up in Pearl Harbour (maybe that was treason - certainly it was abject stupidity), but Clinton is the only president who has expressly been treasonable by constitution definition.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times
You mention criminal immigration, do you mean illegal immigration or something else?

To blame Bush is overlooking a long standing issue. I had a friend in school in the late '60s. His uncle had orange groves in AZ, 40 years ago people would cross the border illegally to harvest the crop at low wages while others conveniently looked the other way. This is far from a new occurence.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy View Post
Treason - now there's a charge for you. Clearly Bill Clinton committed treason when he put American troops under the command of the UN in Europe. He also committed treason when he participated and rode on the 'peace train' for the benefit of the Soviet Union. These are forbidden by the US Constitution. I have bad feelings about Bush and the Iraq situation and especially bad feelings about Roosevelt and botteling the navy up in Pearl Harbour (maybe that was treason - certainly it was abject stupidity), but Clinton is the only president who has expressly been treasonable by constitution definition.
So arms sales to an enemy state don't count as long as a president develops a convenient case of amnesia about them?

Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,851,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So arms sales to an enemy state don't count as long as a president develops a convenient case of amnesia about them?
Yeah, that WAS treason. People overlooking that one has always blown my head too.

As for Bush and treason...Well, I'm sure everyone here knows I fall way, way short of any sort of admiration for Bush...BUT I don't feel it goes so far as treason. That's just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM

56 posts, read 161,087 times
burdell - we (unfortunately) have no enemy states right now (JOKE - well, maybe California - I wonder if New Mexico can declare war on them).
Clinton allowed sale of nuclear material and technology to North Korea (and I am angry about that) BUT it wasn't treason under the constitution. We were, and am not now, at war with NK.
We are loosely at war with some terrorist groups, but that is not with specific states or governments. The US is 3rd in world arm sales and I totally DEPLORE that situation, but we a stupidly self destructive action by not clearly defining and stating our enemies. Right now, unbelieveable (but the same as Clinton's NK policies) we have no 'States" as you put it on our enemies list, only trading partners.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy View Post
burdell - we (unfortunately) have no enemy states right now (JOKE - well, maybe California - I wonder if New Mexico can declare war on them).
Clinton allowed sale of nuclear material and technology to North Korea (and I am angry about that) BUT it wasn't treason under the constitution. We were, and am not now, at war with NK.
We are loosely at war with some terrorist groups, but that is not with specific states or governments. The US is 3rd in world arm sales and I totally DEPLORE that situation, but we a stupidly self destructive action by not clearly defining and stating our enemies. Right now, unbelieveable (but the same as Clinton's NK policies) we have no 'States" as you put it on our enemies list, only trading partners.

But missile sales to Iran are just fine & dandy with you, right?

I guess it's hard to find any fault with one side of the aisle when you refuse to look.

You'd save us all some time if you'd put a header on your posts thet says "This is pure bias"

Old 04-24-2007, 02:22 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,326,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm glad he died without knowing that he sh*tted his own pants.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 PM

2,971 posts, read 2,244,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I'm glad he died without knowing that he sh*tted his own pants.
Aw, the "Hate Machine" is back, rearing his, uh, pretty head haven't heard from you in awhile, still reading Grimm's to your 4 year old?

Old 04-24-2007, 02:29 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,326,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Aw, the "Hate Machine" is back, rearing his, uh, pretty head haven't heard from you in awhile, still reading Grimm's to your 4 year old?
You know it, Spunky!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies