Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,337 times

Advertisements

So where does Arizona come into this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 10:02 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Smile Police or Leech that is the question.

I agree the OP's remarks were generalizing, although not totally inacurate.

I also agree with other posts that point out the dangers and difficulties of a police officers duties.

That said, IMO police effectiveness varies in geographic locations. People that travel frequently do indeed notice, perhaps more than others.

When police are negligent in enforcing laws that protect us from one another they do us a disservice. When police simply don't do their jobs they make hind parts of the taxpayers that pay them--and the taxpayers are usually unable to correct the disgusting status quo. Ever get positive results when complaining of police apathy or inaction??

IMO we should all have the ability and willingness to perform the job we are paid to do---the occupations we have chosen. The police officer and his superiors should not be an exception.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I live primarily in Arizona - the Phoenix Metro area.

I have yet to meet any police officer, from any department, who is, as you call them a "loser".

Quite the opposite as a matter of fact.
You're right, Phoenix police are very nice, very reasonable and polite. Scottsdale is another story....the police are polite but, they don't just bend the rules to get convictions, they flat out break them. I've been to their courthouse twice in twenty years living here. The first was for a speeding ticket.....I was doing 33 MPH in a 30 MPH zone....the officer that pulled me over said I was doing 50 MPH in a 25 MPH zone but, he was giving me a ticket for 40 MPH in a 30 MPH zone. If he would have just wrote the ticket for that without accusing of doing 50 (and that he was giving me a break), I'm sure I would have just paid the ticket through the mail. I went to court to fight it (never had to do that in the past) just on principal I guess.....I knew it was his word against mine and I was going to lose.....I had no idea what I was going to say to defend my self. The judge ended up doing all the talking for me and after questioning the officer, it turned out that he had no radar gun in his car so, he had to try and claim that he paced me to determine my speed. I was in the front of a group of cars when I past him sitting on the side of the road. He pulled out after all the cars past him and put on his lights to catch up to me and pull me over....I saw him in my mirror. I was already pulling over because, I thought he had an emergency of some type that he had to get to in a hurry but, he pulled over and stopped behind me.....so I knew he didn't pace me.....the judge figured it out immediately when the officer was having difficulty trying to figure out the right answers to prove he paced me. She dismissed the ticket and was giving him a tongue lashing while I left.

The second time though it was in North Scottsdale and there were two officers in court. They both lied to add a detail (they made up) that wasn't in the police report....the first officer said he forgot to include it in the report. The second one was waiting outside the courtroom and when he came in to testify he stated that he had to read from the report because he didn't remember the case very well. He gave the same testimony except when he was asked about where he got that one detail from, he answered that it was in the report not realizing it wasn't...he got caught lying. The first officer more familiar with the case, briefed the second one outside the courtroom before the hearing started but, didn't tell him he added a detail so, it wasn't in the report. The judge that time though just ignored it like it didn't happen. While leaving the courthouse the first officer was next to me (outside).....I asked him if he was proud of him self and he answered me by say, "It worked didn't it."

I've heard other people complain about Scottsdale before and honestly, I would have just taken it as them crying sour grapes, had I not experienced it for my self.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
You should do stand up comedy dude. You'd be the next George Carlin may his peaceful and kind soul rest in merriment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
No offense intended but I was in Montreal, Quebec a couple months ago and the city cops were all very "normal" people. Very fit, actually the female cop was extremely good looking, very feminine and very athletic. Cops in Germany are the same, usually, they are very educated, polite and normal. I was in Bern, Switzerland and the cops there were some of the most professional, helpful human beings I have seen anywhere in the world

Here in the USA, cops are mostly overweight losers, definitely not the brightest bulbs in the box and almost always have psychological problems(power hungry). In so many ways, I wish we were more like Europe and Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies