Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Obama haters were disgusted on November 4, 2008. That hate escalated on January 20, 2009. They want instant cures for all problems. Obama should have resolved all problems by January 21, 2009.
Is the hate that you say, just directed to Obama? Would Hillary have received the same hate? Or is this another racial issue once again?

The media reported him as something much bigger than he was, the same media that helped to get him elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Did you read anything before you responded?

I never said you couldnt ask. I said it was foolish to ask.

This question doesnt ask you to review the job done so far. It ask you to determine whether a 4 year job is a success or failure after only six months.

That is completely different than asking you for a job review.

I really wish people would comprehend things before posting.
And I dont think its foolish to ask one doesnt know if they need to make a change unless they have been reviewed?

Who is talking about 4 years. its comparing 6 mths and 6 mths.

Guess the last sentence of your post could be said to yourself

Kinda like someone getting a 90 day review at their new job

Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Obama haters were disgusted on November 4, 2008. That hate escalated on January 20, 2009. They want instant cures for all problems. Obama should have resolved all problems by January 21, 2009.
Guess you dont remember Obamas own camp coming out trying to cool off what people would exspect from Obama. They realized they had gotten people so hyped that they themselves needed to calm people down. So if anyone is to blame for people thinking Obama is going to do magical things its himself and those around him

Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
You may be right Bluefly. But would you agree that at least his some of his supporters and some media outlets made it seem like Obama was going to wave a magic wand and fix it all right away?

Most american's I'm sure did not believe that. But that stigma still haunts Mr Obama.
Well, some of his supporters were flat out loonies, so I agree with you on that. I find it funny when his supporters are shocked Obama's ramping up the war in Afghanistan or not supporting gay marriage, even though he repeatedly articulated both during his campaign. Who were they voting for?!? But whatever expectations a few loonies created, Obama did not.

I remember the night he received the nomination. Every other nominee in history had come out with massive fanfare and celebrations, giving a very light speech.

Obama walked out alone to a song that could only remind one of the Imperial Death March. Rather than celebratory, his speech was profoundly heavy and filled with details of just how profound the problems were and what he intended to do to fix them. His tone was very dark. No one had ever done that in such a context. You could almost see the weight of the world descend upon his shoulders.

I think it's easy for people to hate on him and not appreciate the burden he now carries and that he's trying to forge a new path through the sausage factory that is legislation. One might not agree with his policies, but like FDR, to stand by and do nothing in this crisis would be unconscionable to most Americans.

While I deeply respect McCain, I struggle to see McCain/Palin doing a better job (especially after his rush back to Washington political stunt that achieved nothing).

I feel we have the right person in the White House for what is needed temporarily, which is someone comfortable pulling the levers of government to shore up a collapsed market.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
I'm tired of hearing that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

You act like Obama walked into the WH on Jan 20 and said, Holy Cow look at this mess! This is gonna take a while to clean up.

Obama helped to make the mess. He was in Congress you know.

If at the very least, he know more of what was going on than the average voter did.

His campaign and the media made it sound like this guy was going to walk in with a giant vacuum and clean it all up in one day.

That's why he has been conceived as a failure at this point. Way to many expectations he created for himself.

Every other american could see it would take some time.
Just because you're tired of hearing about it doesnt mean that he can stop cleaning up Bush's mess. Rome wasnt built in a day.... real-life problems arent solved in 59 minutes minus commercials.

Good Lord, link to where "His campaign and the media made it sound like this guy was going to walk in with a giant vacuum and clean it all up in one day."

"If at the very least, he know more of what was going on than the average voter did." Is that why the financial crisis wasnt addressed by him or McCain until about September during the campaign...and why starting around November 5 Obama was meeting with finance professionals and economists to learn the situation, gathering all input and trying to figure out what approach to take?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM

What was Obamas job before he became president? Nothing in washington right because whats happening today has NOTHING to do with Obama

Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
You may be right Bluefly. But would you agree that at least his some of his supporters and some media outlets made it seem like Obama was going to wave a magic wand and fix it all right away?

Most american's I'm sure did not believe that. But that stigma still haunts Mr Obama.
Absolutely not.
Anyone who has experienced politics in this country would know better than to think that. I never got that impression from any fellow Obama supporters, and I have always been perplexed by those who suggested that we believed this.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:15 AM

We are using excuse number 165498761263 for everyone to keep up with where we are

Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
And I dont think its foolish to ask one doesnt know if they need to make a change unless they have been reviewed?

Who is talking about 4 years. its comparing 6 mths and 6 mths.

Guess the last sentence of your post could be said to yourself

Kinda like someone getting a 90 day review at their new job

Read your first line to yourself and ask if that makes any sense.

They are asking if his administration is a success or failure. The job of an administration last a minimum of 4 years. You cannot succeed or fail in an 1/8th of that timeframe.

If they wanted to ask for a review, they should of done that. Providing success or failure as an option is foolish.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Absolutely not.
Anyone who has experienced politics in this country would know better than to think that. I never got that impression from any fellow Obama supporters, and I have always been perplexed by those who suggested that we believed this.
Maybe you should read Bluefly's comment above, she has a very good explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies