Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
It's called leveling out the playing field, capish?
It's called "shades of Chicago DNC convention, 1968"

I guess Obama really wants rioting in the streets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So now it's okay to organize opposition? All week long the argument has been that such an effort discredits protesters.
NO, there was nothing wrong with organizing your side or ours.

Did you feel that those ORGANIZED protesters were in the right?

Weren't they more powerful when they ORGANIZED??

If they had just acted like intelligent adults and DISCUSSED the issues instead of disrupting the rights of others to talk and then running off like cowards they would've been welcome. They had every right to have their say....WHY couldn't they let others????

The town hall meetings, unlike rallies for Bush , do not discriminate ....they let anyone in....but expect decent behaviour from attendees....is that too much to ask from the repubs???

Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Against who? Who are they against, average Americans who have lost the trust of their government.

Shame on those Americans who feel that they have a right to speak out.

Let the unions spend all that money and power they have and CRUSH the average American citizen....that'll show them!!

(Even David beat Goliath with just a rock and slingshot...I say bring them on!)
Average citizen? How about the insurance industry who these shrills are presenting and being disrespectful at the town hall meetings? You know, jumping up, shouting out their questions and running for their lives out of the meeting like typical little Republicans.

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
What I'd like to know is between the protestors, the unions, and the politician leading the Town Hall meeting, has anyone of them READ the fricking bill and will be able to intelligently answer legitimate questions on it?

It seems like half of the left think the bill is UHC with people getting health care for a dollar a month and half of the right think it will mandate euthenasia.

This is just a public relations disaster, but indicative of what happens when you try a campaign to "sell" something that isn't well thought out and is being rushed.
Truer words were never written on this forum. You are 100% correct. People don't even know what the hell they are talking about - either side - cause if they had read the legislation, they would not be saying this crap. There is plenty to be protesting - but the issues you mentioned are red herrings.

2,170 posts, read 2,856,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester View Post
in a memo sent out on thursday, afl-cio president john sweeney outlined the blueprint for how the union conglomerate would step up recess activities on health care reform and other topics pertinent to the labor community. The document makes clear that obama allies view the town hall forums as ground zero of the health care debate. It also uses the specter of the infamous 2000 recount "brooks brothers" protest to rally its members to the administration's side.

unions to take on conservative groups health care town halls
Bring It On!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
It is time to mobililze the unions...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM

9,453 posts, read 9,742,916 times
Obama wants a piece of the action to fight americans too!!

President Barack Obama is asking supporters of health overhaul proposals to show up at rallies, knock on doors and participate in community events.

The Washington Times reports that in a Wednesday email message "to the more than 13 million supporters of his campaign group, Organizing for America," Obama said, "these canvasses, town halls and gatherings only make a difference if you turn up to knock on doors, share your views and show your support. … So here's what I need from you: Can you commit to join at least one event in your community this month?" The action "comes one day after the White House and Democrats in Washington denounced protesters at health care town hall forums across the country as the work of the Republican Party and its lobbyist allies" (Ward, 8/6).

Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,562,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO, there was nothing wrong with organizing your side or ours.

Did you feel that those ORGANIZED protesters were in the right?

Weren't they more powerful when they ORGANIZED??

If they had just acted like intelligent adults and DISCUSSED the issues instead of disrupting the rights of others to talk and then running off like cowards they would've been welcome. They had every right to have their say....WHY couldn't they let others????

The town hall meetings, unlike rallies for Bush , do not discriminate ....they let anyone in....but expect decent behaviour from attendees....is that too much to ask from the repubs???
I don't disagree with the right to organize. I just find it funny that the complaints about them were that they arrived on busses and had been organized.

I agree that they should let everyone speak. I have said all along that I'm not in favor of disrupting the event.

These town hall meeting have let everyone in as they should. I wouldn't say that limiting attendance and questions is reserved to Bush though.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't disagree with the right to organize. I just find it funny that the complaints about them were that they arrived on busses and had been organized.

I agree that they should let everyone speak. I have said all along that I'm not in favor of disrupting the event.

These town hall meeting have let everyone in as they should. I wouldn't say that limiting attendance and questions is reserved to Bush though.
I think only people who live in the district should be admitted.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Wow, union thugs versus the elderly...that ought to be a good visual for the Dems...not! I'm thinking you can even turn off the sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies