U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
 
13,055 posts, read 11,980,131 times
Reputation: 2612

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm paying for your war in Iraq. I knew it was a sham long before WMDs came up because they couldn't find an excuse people would buy. Now the blood of hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings is on my hands. At least you'll only have the health of millions on your hands.

And when Bush suppressed research proving AGW, he ordered it suppressed so it would not interfere with his oil mongering. I do not want politics in place of science being used to deny scientific findings either.

Welcome to a pluralistic society. I hope someday you join us and see the value in serving life beyond your own and the sacrifices you must sometimes make to support ideologies other than your own.

So you know my position on those issues? Whats my position on the Iraq war? Care to comment on my position on Bush and AGW?

I mean, somehow you can divine all this, so would you care to tell me what I am thinking? Beyond stupid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 9,541,544 times
Reputation: 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They preclude themselves. They are not my responsibility, freedom means "individual responsibility". Look, I am not forcing them not to have health care. I am not forcing them to use the existing one. Changes can be made, but they should not require my money for their needs. I am not "free" from the issue, they "force" me to their position, much like my example of the cable company. I had a "make believe" choice. The fact remains, there is no choice I must pay for it anyway. Again, keep your concept of freedom.




I do not disbelieve anything. The science is not science, its political games. Look, I have discussed the science right down to the reconstructions and the math used in them. I do not "believe" or "disbelieve", I simple see it for what it is and that is an unproven, weak hypothesis that finds more support in politics than it does science. You understand this when you stop using media head lines and political administrative summaries to inform yourself.


Your entire original post was nothing more than an arrogantly derived means of attempting to make your position look like it is innocent, just trying to help and really doing the right thing when it is nothing more than oppressive drivel meant to find emotional appeal to the stupid and idiotic.

You do not want individual freedom. You do not want individual choice. What you want is to have your way all the while proclaiming yourself benevolent in your position. Its a scam, it is garbage only appealing to the uninformed and ignorant.

Like I said, you want your form of freedom (aka oppressive view), then you will have to fight for it, literally.
Wrong on both counts.

We all pay taxes on things we don't support. Fact of life. Grow up.

Denying climate change as a reality is childish. There isn't a major scientific research institute in the world that denies global climate change. Unless you know more about climate change than the vast majority of the world's--that's "world's"-- scientists, your charge that climate change is merely an "unproven, weak hypothesis" is laughable. (Better shoot them an email, then, and inform them of your discovery.) The GOP industry rapists want to deny it--and have created a pretty massive campaign to discredit it--so that they can continue to destroy the planet. Terribly sad that they've manage to confuse a minority of the public.

I find it fascinating that the right wing in this country:

1) doesn't believe they should have to pay taxes for public health care, but has no problem with forcing the rest of us to pay taxes for Bush's war;

2) wants to shove their God down our throats, and at the same time whine about liberal "big government";

3) blathers on and on about love of their country--this great DEMOCRACY in which we all live, but throws an absolute fit when they lose political power and proceeds to do everything they can to destroy the opposing party;

4) thinks people who care about animals are stupid "liberals" who care more about animals than people;

In general, people who just don't give a sh*t about anybody but themselves, and mock those who do. Talk about "arrogance." And stupid arrogance, at that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,762 posts, read 4,583,525 times
Reputation: 2060
Posted by MovingForward:

[3) blathers on and on about love of their country--this great DEMOCRACY in which we all live, but throws an absolute fit when they lose political power and proceeds to do everything they can to destroy the opposing party;] end quote
************************************************** **************************
My friend, they are out to destroy America herself. In their wildest dreams they did not imagine that a bi-racial man could get elected, and they are pulling out all the stops because democracy worked.
Imagine that...they hate democracy. Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge about the absolute horror that the French Revolution became would warn them against playing with fire.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM
LML LML started this thread
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,110 posts, read 8,436,614 times
Reputation: 5171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Posted by MovingForward:

[3) blathers on and on about love of their country--this great DEMOCRACY in which we all live, but throws an absolute fit when they lose political power and proceeds to do everything they can to destroy the opposing party;] end quote
************************************************** **************************
My friend, they are out to destroy America herself. In their wildest dreams they did not imagine that a bi-racial man could get elected, and they are pulling out all the stops because democracy worked.
Imagine that...they hate democracy. Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge about the absolute horror that the French Revolution became would warn them against playing with fire.

You and I and anyone with any intellectual honesty knows you are absolutely correct. You know, I would almost have more respect for them if they'd just come right out and tell the truth. Instead they come up with all these fantasy scenarios to cover their real reasons.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,516,410 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Your disagreement would make sense in a perfect world that we don't live in. It is human to claim power, and people will always find a way to segregate and fight each other for just that. Take Christianity for example. How can one religion have so many branches?

Do you have any example that proves your point that if, say, all conservatives (or all liberals) were living in a state or a country, where the other (opposition) didn't exist at the time, that they will always be peaceful and power struggle will cease to exist?
There will NEVER be 100% peace, I didn't say that. There have always been conflicts and wars. However, there was a time when Moors ruled the earth that people lived in harmony. On a wide scale there were no diseases running rampant, no mass genocide, no rape and pillage of other peoples lands, no destroying the environment, no oppressing people, no millions of homeless people etc. When Europeans conquered the planet from us, things changed for lack of nicer words.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
 
48,508 posts, read 88,612,073 times
Reputation: 18188
The country has been divided for year now that the old FDR specail interest no longer constitute a majority of voters.Its a devide of big government verus small governamnt bascially. But noe we have the fact that entitlement are poaid for by less ans less a per cantage of those that pay taxes and the 50% who pay none.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,762 posts, read 4,583,525 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You and I and anyone with any intellectual honesty knows you are absolutely correct. You know, I would almost have more respect for them if they'd just come right out and tell the truth. Instead they come up with all these fantasy scenarios to cover their real reasons.
************************************************** *******
I agree; this area has a very long history of racism, and I can remember the sign warning blacks to be out of town after sundown...the sunset law. Because I deal with radical racists constantly, I take the Maria Shriver stance and say that they can't help it because they have an illness. The more hatred that I see expressed here only reinforces that it truly is an illness.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 PM
 
Location: North Las Vegas
1,125 posts, read 1,455,794 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
To those of you who believe that dividing the U.S. will solve all your problems I offer the following for you to think about.

You seem to believe that if you live in a country where there are only those who look like you, worship like you, and have your political beliefs then you will have found a perfect way to live. Think again. How long will it take before you find differences...some small....some large...and then you will once again be unhappy and looking for further division. Examples;

Ireland. Here is a country that was made up entirely of white Christians who all spoke the same language. What could possibly go wrong? Well, then the Protestant Christians decided that the Catholic Christians weren't "good enough" and the Catholic Christians decided that the Protestant Christians were infringing on their rights. Results....decades of fighting and killing and destruction.

Iraq...and much of the Middle East - Here are countries that are made up almost exclusively of Semite people who are Muslim. Surely they could live in peace. But then the Sunnah and Shiite decide that they are the REAL Muslims and all others are wrong and should die for the error of their ways.
This is some seriously flawed logic here. Ireland's conflicts has to do with Catholic Ireland fighting with Protestant England. The Irish didn't just wake up one day and say, "Let's go kill all them Catholic folks over there!", there are reason for the hate.

As for Iraq, Britain basically decided to recreate the Kingdom of Iraq after World War One, ignoring the fact that there was several different ethnic and religious groups in the area now. Force anyone to suddenly have a ruler over them that they hate, and you pretty much will have conflict.

Africa is one of the most diverse areas of our world, with many different tribes. Needless to say there will be conflict between various tribes, it is just the way things are.

As to some of us who see the possibility of the United States splitting up, we don't think it will solve all of our problems, far from it. But we do see that it may very well happen and that there is really not a whole hell of a lot we can do to stop it. The level of hate in our country is growing daily, and I don't see anything or anyone who could reverse it. We have already had one civil war in our history, a second civil war isn't to far to imagine, but unlike the first one, I'm not so sure most folks would care to fight one way or the other, which is why I think it is possible to see a split.

After all, if the fighting is happening to the west of the Mississippi, what will folks in New England care? As long as the cable doesn't go out and the local coffee shop still has their espresso, they are happy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
 
3,872 posts, read 1,804,440 times
Reputation: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Wrong on both counts.

We all pay taxes on things we don't support. Fact of life. Grow up.

Denying climate change as a reality is childish. There isn't a major scientific research institute in the world that denies global climate change. Unless you know more about climate change than the vast majority of the world's--that's "world's"-- scientists, your charge that climate change is merely an "unproven, weak hypothesis" is laughable. (Better shoot them an email, then, and inform them of your discovery.) The GOP industry rapists want to deny it--and have created a pretty massive campaign to discredit it--so that they can continue to destroy the planet. Terribly sad that they've manage to confuse a minority of the public.

I find it fascinating that the right wing in this country:

1) doesn't believe they should have to pay taxes for public health care, but has no problem with forcing the rest of us to pay taxes for Bush's war;

2) wants to shove their God down our throats, and at the same time whine about liberal "big government";

3) blathers on and on about love of their country--this great DEMOCRACY in which we all live, but throws an absolute fit when they lose political power and proceeds to do everything they can to destroy the opposing party;

4) thinks people who care about animals are stupid "liberals" who care more about animals than people;

In general, people who just don't give a sh*t about anybody but themselves, and mock those who do. Talk about "arrogance." And stupid arrogance, at that.
First of all this "Climate Change" has been around millions of years...way before mankind. I'm sure the government is in high heaven with excitement that they can use "climate change" as another reason to tax us.

Regarding your other views:

1) I didn't support this war either so please don't lump all us right wingers into the Bush war supporters.

2) Who's shoving God down your throat??? If we whine about big government it's regarding both parties. In my opinion neither one is doing a very good job these days.

3) This is called freedom of speech. People are standing up for what they believe. The day we feel we have lost our voice, we have lost this country.

4) I love animals I'm a conversative. Not sure why this came up in your post.

Your last argument can actually pertain to you. You've got mock all over your post...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 AM
 
13,055 posts, read 11,980,131 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Posted by MovingForward:

[3) blathers on and on about love of their country--this great DEMOCRACY in which we all live, but throws an absolute fit when they lose political power and proceeds to do everything they can to destroy the opposing party;] end quote
************************************************** **************************
My friend, they are out to destroy America herself. In their wildest dreams they did not imagine that a bi-racial man could get elected, and they are pulling out all the stops because democracy worked.
Imagine that...they hate democracy. Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge about the absolute horror that the French Revolution became would warn them against playing with fire.
Let me correct you. Color is irrelevant. The fact that someone is black, red, white or teal has nothing to do with their ability to make good decisions. A person of color is no different than a person with red hair, freckles or a turned up nose. They are physical qualities that have nothing to do with judgment or intellectual capacity. A person of color being elected is about as eventful as watching the toilet flush. It was bound to happen, though I am saddened that it happened under racist support based on PC social idiocy rather than simply picking a person who was best qualified for the job.

Though that is the issue with "pure democracy" and note I do not hate democratic aspects, I despise pure democracy aspects as our founders did if you happened to pick up a book once in a while and read our history. I despise the idiocy of social mobs, the "American idol populace" so easily manipulated and directed. I could easily make another account, slowly feed off the idiots here and have them speaking up and down as I chose simply by encouraging their weaknesses of social acceptance and politically correct emotional ideology. I used to do it all the time in the liberal universities I attended.

So simple mined they were so easily pushed into a direction by grabbing their naive sheepish tendencies and edging them as I decided. Once I had them thinking I was one of them, I could essentially prescribe death to their opposition and they were foaming at the mouth like good little idiot puppets they were.

Please excuse me if I do not associate myself with absolute stupidity. you see, while other people in school were reading all the rave books assigned by the programing professors listed with propaganda material, I was fact checking them, cross referencing their claims. I learned, that up is down and down is up in the leftist world. They are so consumed with their perfect arrogance of absolute divinity, that they have no clue that they are being fed big piles of excrement. People are stupid, easily manipulated and misinformed. This is nothing new and it happens on all sides, but the left has it down to a science. I have never seen such a complete level of subservience to stupidity as I have in the far left. They are worth dirt, a plague to intellectual progress. They are the epitome of unquestioned servitude. May they fall on to their swords, and may it pain them greatly before they fade to black.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top