U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,217,804 times
Reputation: 5919

Advertisements

"I have never seen such a complete level of subservience to stupidity as I have in the far left. They are worth dirt, a plague to intellectual progress. They are the epitome of unquestioned servitude. May they fall on to their swords, and may it pain them greatly before they fade to black."
If that is true opinion then please explain why you bother to post here, since you obviously do not repect anyone elses opinion if they dare disagree with yours? Or maybe everyone but your fellow farsiders should just ignore your posts, but you wouldn't like that either, I seen farsider dominated sites, they become very Boring backslapping dead end boards. Try lightening up some before your burst a blood vessel.
Casper
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2009, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,792 posts, read 10,619,718 times
Reputation: 9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Provide your sources and we will discuss what you claim
What absolute rubbish. Just answer the question or don't. I don't have 'sources' for 80% of what I post here. This is a discussion, not a term paper. Maybe that's your problem. CUPlanner happens to hold the same opinion as I do, as millions do. Iraq was/is about oil. What is our 'source'? Our brains! If you want to believe that the U.S. rolled dice and picked Iraq to liberate over Tibet, Sudan, Darfur, Chechnia(sp), Taiwan, Haiti, Rwanda ... ... well, you go right ahead. Just don't try to tell us we are wrong by using circular logic and pompous rhetoric about sources and formats for debating common wisdom. Sheesh.

H
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica
4,708 posts, read 7,970,307 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You are the one who summarized our wars in manner to which is befitting of a puppet liberal. Iraq for oil? Only an idiot falls for that stupid claim, only an ignorant fool with blinders can seriously attend to that belief.
What is your understanding of why Cheney and Rumsfeld, Bolton, Abrams, Perle, and the rest of the neo-con clique that became installed in DoD and State wanted Saddam Hussein "taken out" in Iraq well prior to 9/11? Did you ever read the PNAC letter to then-President Clinton that appeared in the NY Times? I'll even HELP YOU OUT by posting a link to the letter's text (note the signatories): http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

In whose interests was it that Hussein be overthrown? Israel? (yes, one less regional military threat with unlimited funds, from oil, available to support arms purchases) The American-based oil companies? (yes, because France and China had in place the most extensive oil exporting deals with Hussein at the time of the US invasion)

At the time of the US invasion of Iraq, what percentage of Iraq's national territory had NOT been surveyed for oil deposits? >25% (Iraq's geographical area is as large as California.) And Iraq was already considered to have almost 25% of the world's proven oil reserves.

Was Iraq a military threat to the US at the time of the invasion? No. The US-led United Nations sanctions policy allowed the US military to prevent Hussein from even flying his own helicopters from one place in Iraq to another.

I think the onus is on YOU to indicate what were the "more likely" grounds for the US invasion of Iraq.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-11-2009 at 01:58 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,883 posts, read 1,895,097 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
But you seem to believe that your desire to maintain the status quo should preclude others from having health care. And you seem to believe that your desire to disbelieve the scientic evidence about global warming should force the future generation into trying to live on an uninhabital planet. You seem to confuse your right to believe as you wish with forcing others to live with the consequences of your beliefs. You are, of course, free to write your representatives and to vote based on your beliefs. You are not free to overturn the results of the elections and you can not just "pick up your country and go home" when you do't like those results.
And contrary to what you are saying. If the healthcare system works for more pople than it doesn't and the majority of Americans don't want UHC, why should the entire thing be scrapped for something unproven for a handful of people? Why not just fix what is broken and call it a day? Why does everyone have to believe that ANYONE can stop Climate Change? The truth is, you can't. You maybe able to slow it down about .00000001% but you will never ever stop it. It is a natural occurance that IS going to happen anyway. So again, why MUST we believe all that BS? You know as well as I do, that these policies are attempts at total control under the diguise of "for the people". So if you want to talk about being forced to live with someone elses consequences, those two mentioned here are a perfrect example. Why must ALL of us live under the consequences of super high taxation just because a few believe what they do?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,792 posts, read 10,619,718 times
Reputation: 9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
And contrary to what you are saying. If the healthcare system works for more pople than it doesn't and the majority of Americans don't want UHC, why should the entire thing be scrapped for something unproven for a handful of people? Why not just fix what is broken and call it a day? Why does everyone have to believe that ANYONE can stop Climate Change? The truth is, you can't. You maybe able to slow it down about .00000001% but you will never ever stop it. It is a natural occurance that IS going to happen anyway. So again, why MUST we believe all that BS? You know as well as I do, that these policies are attempts at total control under the diguise of "for the people". So if you want to talk about being forced to live with someone elses consequences, those two mentioned here are a perfrect example. Why must ALL of us live under the consequences of super high taxation just because a few believe what they do?
Will you get your head out of your wallet and listen to yourself? You don't live on your own island. You live in a society. Like it or not you are part of it unless you choose to leave, and you are free to do that. Bet you that wherever you go there will be some kind of social welfare for which you will be taxed. In some nations that is around 50%. Personally, I think we are getting a screaming deal. Your accountant isn't worth his fee if he can't get you out of at least half of the coming taxes. What are you so wrought about. And stop being paranoid, these policies are not about total control. Wiretaps, supeona's of Search Engine user logs, Patriot Acts, those smack of crowd control. Personally I am not happy that your ancestors dragged my ancestors from their homeland and established them in this land but refused to recognize them as fully human. I live with this daily. I get very little out of America beyond basic shelter and food and still pay my full quota of taxes without complaint. At least you are fully recognized as human. You get all the benefits and then some. Stop complaining. You're going to do irreperable harm to your karma going on this way about nothing. When you really get something to cry about will you remember how upset you were about paying one years worth of porn site dues so life in America could be a wee bit more tolerable for millions of people?

H
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
 
13,055 posts, read 12,008,555 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
What absolute rubbish. Just answer the question or don't. I don't have 'sources' for 80% of what I post here. This is a discussion, not a term paper. Maybe that's your problem. CUPlanner happens to hold the same opinion as I do, as millions do. Iraq was/is about oil. What is our 'source'? Our brains! If you want to believe that the U.S. rolled dice and picked Iraq to liberate over Tibet, Sudan, Darfur, Chechnia(sp), Taiwan, Haiti, Rwanda ... ... well, you go right ahead. Just don't try to tell us we are wrong by using circular logic and pompous rhetoric about sources and formats for debating common wisdom. Sheesh.

H
I refuse to entertain the slippery position of liberals. They make wild claims, then when asked to provide evidence to such, they start demanding you prove their non-sourced information incorrect. The poster made out of context summaries without providing any real evidence to their claims. See, this is how it is supposed to work:

1. Person A makes claim without citation.
2. Person B disagrees and asks for evidential support to that claim.
3. Person A provides such evidence.

Discussion continues with validated premises OR errors or found in such a premise making it false and debate continues on such until the matter is resolved with the premise being validated of invalidated.

Jumping past that would be beyond stupid because you would spend your time discussing invalid support.

It is nothing short than unethical debate tactics meant to keep their opponent on the move so no claim can be validated.

Again, with each response you keep proving my point on my early subjective claim concerning liberals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,303,480 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is the problem with the modern liberal- they really believe that the US is a force of evil in the world, rather than good.
Tell it to a liberal; I'm not one, particularly. Socially liberal, perhaps, but predominantly libertarian.

Quote:
Essentially all of these tyrants that you suggest were "supported" by the US were either deposed or defeated by the US- that is a little different than "support".
All? Yes, we got rid of some of them. And 'Lucky' Luciano and his friends whacked Benjamin Siegel; that didn't prove Luciano was a law-abiding man, it proved the opposite.

Quote:
Now when you hate the US and are convinced it is on the side of evil, who exactly is good?
Nobody. This is real life, not Star Wars. Who says there are "good guys"?

Quote:
What other nation has advanced freedom around the world like the US?
Well, I don't think any country burdened with a government is all that advanced, but as a measure of freedom that's generally agreed upon, here is a list of the countries other than the U.S. that attained a perfect 1.0 score from Freedom House in their last annual ranking:

Andorra, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Kiribati, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, Uruguay

Quote:
Why do you live here and burden the nation, rather than living in one of your paradises? Answer- because so far the US has coddled and provided food and shelter for non-productive dead weight, while other nations have not. You would starve anywhere else.
LOL. I'm glad you know so much about my finances from a message board in which I never discuss them. Seriously, you right-wingers are becoming more and more like a doll that repeats the same five phrases over and over when you pull the string, no matter what the subject of discussion may be.

Quote:
This is shocking. So you (I am beginning to understand libs) really think that the US civil war did nothing to free anyone
I didn't say it didn't free anyone. I said that wasn't its purpose. Everyone knows that. I will further say that it enslaved many other people, no less than Yeltsin enslaved Chechnya, no less than Mao enslaved Tibet.

Quote:
and that both world wars did not help any nation
Never said that either. You're getting great at putting words in my mouth. Both world wars hurt as many nations as they helped, and they didn't "help" this country in any way, except perhaps by eliminating half a million dolts, who were stupid or amoral enough to go and fight, from the gene pool.

Quote:
nor the break up of the Soviet Union and freeing eastern europe?
We didn't have much of a role in freeing Eastern Europe, although we had a very substantial one in turning it over to Communism: it's called World War 2.

Quote:
You must LOVE tyranny. Most liberals do. Thier shining examples of "progressiveness" are saints like Castro, Chavez, Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Ortega and the other despots.
Yawn.

Quote:
Again- I fail to see how in the world we taxpayers benefit from the dead weight of those of you who do not work and pay taxes? You provide no revenue to the country and just consume the resources and labor of others.
Yawn. Do you do my taxes? Then shut the **** up.

Last edited by djacques; 08-12-2009 at 12:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
 
13,055 posts, read 12,008,555 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
"I have never seen such a complete level of subservience to stupidity as I have in the far left. They are worth dirt, a plague to intellectual progress. They are the epitome of unquestioned servitude. May they fall on to their swords, and may it pain them greatly before they fade to black."
If that is true opinion then please explain why you bother to post here, since you obviously do not repect anyone elses opinion if they dare disagree with yours? Or maybe everyone but your fellow farsiders should just ignore your posts, but you wouldn't like that either, I seen farsider dominated sites, they become very Boring backslapping dead end boards. Try lightening up some before your burst a blood vessel.
Casper
So you can continue programming people with out of context claims, half-truths, and often straight out lies?

If you do not like my posts, PLEASE put me on ignore. I will still respond to points made by you if they are stupid so others can see the fallacy of your position.

Save your self righteous posts for the lackeys that praise social view over practical and logical view. I am not here to make friends, I will not phrase things in PC ways to comfort your ego. I have no interest in appealing to your social group, I grew up with them, went to school with them and I know them in all areas of their life. They are fakes, easily manipulated, easily controlled, and emotionally moronic serving their own self interests wearing costumes of human interest and concern as their cover. Hypocrites and arrogant fools they are indeed.

More people need to put them back in their place as common courtesy and respect has only turned them into arrogant bullies pushing their weight around. They have infiltrated our government, enacted their agendas and because we were so polite to them or left them to their own concerns, they no longer fear us and attempt to push us around.

Do not underestimate the American people you claim to be "inbreed", "uneducated", and "backwards" for it is the core of the people to which this nation has prospered. They are not backwards "clinging to an old way", they are not "ignorant" or "stupid". Liberals have underestimated in their arrogance and it is coming back to bite them.

To quote Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:

Quote:
I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,303,480 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
1. Person A makes claim without citation.
2. Person B disagrees and asks for evidential support to that claim.
3. Person A provides such evidence.

Discussion continues with validated premises OR errors or found in such a premise making it false and debate continues on such until the matter is resolved with the premise being validated of invalidated.
ParkTwain, at least, did all that and invited a response; you chose, for whatever reason, to ignore his post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,883 posts, read 1,895,097 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Will you get your head out of your wallet and listen to yourself? You don't live on your own island. You live in a society. Like it or not you are part of it unless you choose to leave, and you are free to do that. Bet you that wherever you go there will be some kind of social welfare for which you will be taxed. In some nations that is around 50%. Personally, I think we are getting a screaming deal. Your accountant isn't worth his fee if he can't get you out of at least half of the coming taxes. What are you so wrought about. And stop being paranoid, these policies are not about total control. Wiretaps, supeona's of Search Engine user logs, Patriot Acts, those smack of crowd control. Personally I am not happy that your ancestors dragged my ancestors from their homeland and established them in this land but refused to recognize them as fully human. I live with this daily. I get very little out of America beyond basic shelter and food and still pay my full quota of taxes without complaint. At least you are fully recognized as human. You get all the benefits and then some. Stop complaining. You're going to do irreperable harm to your karma going on this way about nothing. When you really get something to cry about will you remember how upset you were about paying one years worth of porn site dues so life in America could be a wee bit more tolerable for millions of people?

H
you're just plain wrong and blind. If you want to live in a Socialist country, you should be the one to move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top