U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,335,717 times
Reputation: 5919

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So you can continue programming people with out of context claims, half-truths, and often straight out lies? So, show everyone where I am programming anyone here, should be entertaining to see to attempt it. Oh wait, you do not need to prove anything, since you say it is only your opinion, and no proof is required, meaning a copout.

If you do not like my posts, PLEASE put me on ignore. I will still respond to points made by you if they are stupid so others can see the fallacy of your position. I commented on one of your statements, which was nothing more than a rambling attack on anyone more liberal than yourself. If you recall I asked you a question, which you FAILED to answer, par for the course. As for Ignoring you, for the most part I do, I only asked a simple and obvious question, you went off again.

Save your self righteous posts for the lackeys that praise social view over practical and logical view. I am not here to make friends, I will not phrase things in PC ways to comfort your ego. I have no interest in appealing to your social group, I grew up with them, went to school with them and I know them in all areas of their life. They are fakes, easily manipulated, easily controlled, and emotionally moronic serving their own self interests wearing costumes of human interest and concern as their cover. Hypocrites and arrogant fools they are indeed. I see little practical or logical in your post, but hey, believe what you want, this is a free country. Did I say I wanted to make friends with you, you are very confused. Social group? What social group would that be? You do a lot of ASSuming, and you know what they say about that.

More people need to put them back in their place as common courtesy and respect has only turned them into arrogant bullies pushing their weight around. They have infiltrated our government, enacted their agendas and because we were so polite to them or left them to their own concerns, they no longer fear us and attempt to push us around.Oh my, you do have some issues don't ya. But for griins tell about those pushing you around since childhood.

Do not underestimate the American people you claim to be "inbreed", "uneducated", and "backwards" for it is the core of the people to which this nation has prospered. They are not backwards "clinging to an old way", they are not "ignorant" or "stupid". Liberals have underestimated in their arrogance and it is coming back to bite them. I claimed? Seems as if You are doing that, more of those issues of yours coming to the surface? Liberals getting bit, if I recall they are running the show, as the American people wanted, makes you crazy doesn't it. Too bad, help your Party get their act together and maybe you will stand a chance of getting another of your boys or girls in office, get a some good ones and I might even vote for them, since I am not a Demo

To quote Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:
Quoting the man that masterminded Pearlharbor, one of your heros I assume, you must believe it is time for another attack. Feeling lucky?
Casper
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
 
13,055 posts, read 12,070,126 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Quoting the man that masterminded Pearlharbor, one of your heros I assume, you must believe it is time for another attack. Feeling lucky?
Casper

By all means, please explain to the good people here how you came to that conclusion. I am sure some would be interested in seeing how a liberal logically derives their points, magic maybe?

Oh...

You were merely making a personal attack based on nothing more than an attempt to make yourself look superior in your position. /pats you on the head. Be a good little liberal tool and run along now won't you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
 
6,021 posts, read 7,270,490 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
I agree, but...

Just felt like ranting?
i belive in good rants
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 15,072,731 times
Reputation: 6931
From the OP:
"To those of you who believe that dividing the U.S. will solve all your problems I offer the following for you to think about."
A divided country will not solve all problems. But each country can define what they consider as problems.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,792 posts, read 10,709,739 times
Reputation: 9712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I refuse to entertain the slippery position of liberals. They make wild claims, then when asked to provide evidence to such, they start demanding you prove their non-sourced information incorrect. The poster made out of context summaries without providing any real evidence to their claims. See, this is how it is supposed to work:

1. Person A makes claim without citation.
2. Person B disagrees and asks for evidential support to that claim.
3. Person A provides such evidence.

Discussion continues with validated premises OR errors or found in such a premise making it false and debate continues on such until the matter is resolved with the premise being validated of invalidated.

Jumping past that would be beyond stupid because you would spend your time discussing invalid support.

It is nothing short than unethical debate tactics meant to keep their opponent on the move so no claim can be validated.

Again, with each response you keep proving my point on my early subjective claim concerning liberals.
If this is evidence of the conservative mind at work then maybe I need to reconsider the merits of a divided country. How would this work exactly though. I mean, in the Civil War era the split was geographic. Exactly how would you divide a divided America? Would liberal elements in predominantly conservative states have to relocate and vice versa? This all sounds rather formidable but if it gets people like you in touch with all the other people who's minds are as rigid and unyielding and linear as yours then lets draw up some blueprints.

H
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 PM
 
1,254 posts, read 3,241,178 times
Reputation: 770
LOL, if you guys cant handle disagreements, then Im not sure what to tell you. Thats life. If you choose to live in a society, then you gotta take the good with the bad.

And yeah guys, outside influence are a good thing. Its what built the country. So scoffing at it is totally one of the most retarded things anyone could say because without it, you wouldnt have half the stuff you do now & wouldnt know the same people either.

So, yeah. There would always be something to argue about because thats human nature. Like the South Park episode Go God Go portrayed, even if say all religion was eradicated, we would still be arguing over what to name ourselves.

Also remember that the hippies already tried to do this & they couldnt even pull it off, so you are not gonna fair much better. I promise.

So either be part of society & learn to deal with it, or go find some deserted island somewhere & crown yourself king. Or if you dont like where the country is headed, no one is forcing you to stay. Its a big world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,387,727 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If this is evidence of the conservative mind at work then maybe I need to reconsider the merits of a divided country. How would this work exactly though. I mean, in the Civil War era the split was geographic. Exactly how would you divide a divided America? Would liberal elements in predominantly conservative states have to relocate and vice versa? This all sounds rather formidable but if it gets people like you in touch with all the other people who's minds are as rigid and unyielding and linear as yours then lets draw up some blueprints.
Hell yes! I'm a libertarian-minded Democrat who desperately wants to leave the red states mired in their sick medievalism. Let's get to work on a reasonable divorce.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 PM
 
13,055 posts, read 12,070,126 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If this is evidence of the conservative mind at work then maybe I need to reconsider the merits of a divided country. How would this work exactly though. I mean, in the Civil War era the split was geographic. Exactly how would you divide a divided America? Would liberal elements in predominantly conservative states have to relocate and vice versa? This all sounds rather formidable but if it gets people like you in touch with all the other people who's minds are as rigid and unyielding and linear as yours then lets draw up some blueprints.

H
Who said anything about dividing? I won't be fighting to divide up this country, this country was designed on the prospect of individual freedom, there is no compromising here. It is individual freedom or the highway so to speak.

Edit:
And by the way, my mind is not "rigid and unyielding", that is another liberal claim to again attack character and motive while ignoring the issues brought up. Look past simple rants on these boards concerning health care from the conservatives. They are bringing up honest concerns and points, yet each time they do, the liberals play political games of character assassination. Liberals do not discuss, they dictate. Liberals do not disagree, they condemn opposing views. My harshness to those in this thread is quite often the very position liberals take on the issues and have been for many years now.

Liberals are constantly seeking the government to dictate their will on the masses. They have crusade after crusade which requires them to seek government power to tax and force people to their cause. The only relevant factor in all of this is individual freedom of speech, property, and the decisions we make for our lives every day. They are OUR decisions, not the peoples. There will be no division of country, that is ludicrous. There will be a large amount of silent people stepping up finally to speak their mind and if the liberals continue as they do in attempting to silence them with their rhetoric, there will be conflict and I promise you it will not be nice little parting of ways. This is the land of the free, home of the brave. Not the land of the subservient and oppressed. There will be no division.

Last edited by Nomander; 08-12-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,335,717 times
Reputation: 5919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
By all means, please explain to the good people here how you came to that conclusion. I am sure some would be interested in seeing how a liberal logically derives their points, magic maybe?

Oh...

You were merely making a personal attack based on nothing more than an attempt to make yourself look superior in your position. /pats you on the head. Be a good little liberal tool and run along now won't you?
To quote Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:
Ring a bell?
What personal attack? I asked you a question and you went off half-cocked and started ranting, typical rightwing nutjob reaction. Funny how I addressed every one of your comments to me, you on the otherhand ............. aw forget, it you are a waste of time.
Casper
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,387,727 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Who said anything about dividing? I won't be fighting to divide up this country, this country was designed on the prospect of individual freedom, there is no compromising here. It is individual freedom or the highway so to speak.
You all are the ones on the highway, however. You just got creamed twice in a row pushing your lunacy, and are apparently paving the way for another nice walloping in 2010. Try and keep warm, guys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top