Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

emailed to P&G:

I have just seen it on the internet that because of pressure from radicals you have decided to drop your advertising on Glenn Beck so I have decided to drop your products from my shopping list. There is a full blown attack on free speech both from the radical left all the way up to the White House. I will not be doing business with any company that supports the further destruction of the freedoms we hold dear in this country!
Ahhhh, I see, so Glenn Beck should (and does) have the right to speak freely, but Procter and Gamble should not have the right to speak freely by deciding where and how they want their message broadcast.

Gotcha.

[MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-06-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
I was just telling my husband about this and he said, thank God, Beck has too many commercials already.

This may be a big plus. I hate commercials.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Three companies who run ads during Glenn Beck — NexisLexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance — today distanced themselves from Beck. LexisNexis has pulled its advertising from Beck and says it has no plans to advertise on the program in the future. Both Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance called the Beck advertising placements an error that they would correct.

Think Progress » Three advertisers drop Glenn Beck over his claim that President Obama is a ‘racist.’

Well I will not do business with those companies and I'm emailing them to tell them. The pendelum swings both ways.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:06 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ahhhh, I see, so Glenn Beck should (and does) have the right to speak freely, but Procter and Gamble should not have the right to speak freely by deciding where and how they want their message broadcast.

Gotcha.

Hypocrite.

Sure they do but compainies that want to sell to everyone should stay out of politics. After all the majority of those on public assistance vote Democrat (looking for more handouts) and they usually by generic products.

None of this will hurt Beck because he is growing every day. These companies will be the ones who are hurt.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
None of this will hurt Beck because he is growing every day. These companies will be the ones who are hurt.
I disagree. But what do I know.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Gotcha.

[MOD CUT/personal attack].
there is no hypocrisy. they have a right to boycott his show and i have a right to boycott their products. it is all fair! we are all exercising our constitutional rights!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-06-2009 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is a list of proctor and gamble products if anyone is interested:

PG.com - US Products by Category
Yea, good luck keeping P&G out of your house!

Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, good luck keeping P&G out of your house!
I think people who are this upset should go through their house right now and purge everything that even remotely is connected to P&G. Bag it all up and take it to a local shelter or other social organization. Everyone wins!

In fact, go find out what companies support any type of "liberal" or "democratic" candidates or agendas and do the same thing.

Those companies won't mind.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM

In my experience boycotts last about 2 days, or until the thread is bumped to the second page of whatever forum they are announcing it on.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Good grief. Listen to the righties whining AGAIN when the shoe is on the other foot and kicking THEM in the ass. Lest we forget certain religious extremist groups boycotted McDonalds for donating money to GLBT charities in SF, CAL, and threatening to issue a Fatwah (boycott) against anyone who supports GLBT causes. The worm turns both ways, so enjoy the karma as the infinite circle of paybacks comes around and down and the music of hatefulness comes out here, oh bo dee oh doe.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-25-2009 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies