Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
It would appear that that is exactly what P&G is doing by dropping Beck -- staying out of politics.....or at least the worst kind of it.
Indeed!! I've I was buying on-air time I would probably avoid political shows altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

there is no hypocrisy. they have a right to boycott his show and i have a right to boycott their products. it is all fair! we are all exercising our constitutional rights!
Who said anything about boycotting being hypocritical? I was responding to the content of her email to P&G.
Quote:
There is a full blown attack on free speech both from the radical left all the way up to the White House. I will not be doing business with any company that supports the further destruction of the freedoms we hold dear in this country.
So Beck is allowed free speech but P&G is attacking free speech, not exercising it.

Absurd.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Well I will not do business with those companies and I'm emailing them to tell them. The pendelum swings both ways.
Boycotts of stuff you never bought (lawyers.com, progressive) only make you feel empowered. I'm boycotting Monaco and won't be flying to the Riviera this year. The cute chick on the commercial is going to ban you from the jdevelop2 aisle. I can't remember seeing any lawyers.com commercials.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
... snip ... So Beck is allowed free speech but P&G is attacking free speech, not exercising it? Absurd.
LOGIC is a beautiful thing.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,077 times
way to go progressive! proud to be a member!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Three companies who run ads during Glenn Beck — NexisLexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance — today distanced themselves from Beck. LexisNexis has pulled its advertising from Beck and says it has no plans to advertise on the program in the future. Both Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance called the Beck advertising placements an error that they would correct.

Think Progress » Three advertisers drop Glenn Beck over his claim that President Obama is a ‘racist.’
Good for them. I might just switch my insurance!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Three companies who run ads during Glenn Beck — NexisLexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance — today distanced themselves from Beck. LexisNexis has pulled its advertising from Beck and says it has no plans to advertise on the program in the future. Both Procter & Gamble and Progressive Insurance called the Beck advertising placements an error that they would correct.

Think Progress » Three advertisers drop Glenn Beck over his claim that President Obama is a ‘racist.’
"Progressive" Insurance? No big loss, and neither is P&G, which has always been a supporter of liberals.

There are lines drawn in the sand. You pays your money and you makes your choice. It's as simple as that.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is a list of proctor and gamble products if anyone is interested:

PG.com - US Products by Category
I have already told the wife when she goes shopping Saturday to buy TIDE and CHARMIN!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Indeed!! I've I was buying on-air time I would probably avoid political shows altogether.
I would avoid radio period. Between the right wing radicals and religious nutcases on the AM band and the potty mouthed foul DJs on the FM band, there is really not much to associate a product with.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
P&G along with the others have not intimidated Glenn Beck now will they. He will continue to expose the joker hussein obama with or without their ads, as he did today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies