Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times

Advertisements

I'm asking all C-D Members @ 12 pm Est. to gather your thoughts or prayers for the victims of 911.

The victims of the World Trade Center, The Pentagon and PA.

Where were you when the terrorist attacked us?

That should never happen again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 PM

754 posts, read 1,923,515 times
I was at home, working (I worked from home) and I heard it on the news in the background. I was pregnant with my first child. I thought, "Life will not be the same for you as it was for me. I use to go to the mall, play outside all day and fly every week for my job. I did all this without once wondering if I would be bombed, hijacked or shot down. Life will be different for you little one."

Guess what, I take my children to the mall, I fly (not as often now because of different employment) and I let my child play outside all day and it never crosses my mind that I may be bombed, hi-jacked or mown down with a bullet.

Who do I have to thank for that?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Where were you when the terrorist attacked us?

At my home office.

A business associate and I watched the first plane go into the building and he remarked, "It looks so surreal".

My remark, "It looks like a plane being engulfed in Jello".

Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Unfortunately I was right down there. I still have trouble with it. I evacuated from lower Manhattan to Jersey City on a NY Waterways boat and sat next to two woman in complete shock. They were 10 minutes late to work, everyone in their office was killed.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I was at home getting ready to leave and thought they were broadcasting a trailer for a new movie...I couldn't believe it...Later we went to the place where our daughter was and it we saw Air Force was flying over Bradenton coming from Sarasota but none of the fighter jets were accompaning the plane of the president.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was at home getting ready to leave and thought they were broadcasting a trailer for a new movie...I couldn't believe it...Later we went to the place where our daughter was and it we saw Air Force was flying over Bradenton coming from Sarasota but none of the fighter jets were accompaning the plane of the president.
Hmmm . .

Old 09-10-2009, 07:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Maybe they came into the air from St. Pete...which isn't that far but I'm 100% sure none of them were in the air while flying over Bradenton...we were watching with other people and one of them had been flying with the blue angels and immediately made a remark about it...I would not even have thought about it...but the one smart one did!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
I was in lower Manhattan, not very far from the WTC. I remember being stuck in Manhattan forever, not sure if I would ever make it home. I remember being in shock, awe, disbelief...the thought of someone attacking me in my own country.... i felt at that moment what it might be to live in Beirut. I was cut off from the world for some time with the exception of non stop coverage of the planes. I remember the smell of burning paper and other things....

I just remember sadness, that there were so many people who did their everyday thing of going to work, and they got killed. I'll never forget that day, but I have moved on. It did influence my decision to no longer live in New York City.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times
I was in South Jersey working at my job.

One of my colleagues was listening to Howard Stern.

Howard started talking about the 1st plane that hit the World Trade Center.

Minutes later the 2nd plane hit. My colleague started cussing.

"We are Fn being attacked!"

A couple hours later I had to leave my job because I wasn't a Jersey resident and they were closing the bridges that I crossed everyday.

That was the only time I could look into the sky and not see a plane fly.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
In my apartment, view of the trade centers watched them burn and collapse. My wife worked in 2 WTC didn't hear from her for 5 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies