Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,999,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My insurance provides that I can go to any doctor I decide to see

My insurance will cover a private room - and has a couple of times recently

Great for you

Not all insurance provides for such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Not all insurance provides for such.
Yes, it is nice.

Now, if the plan that you advocate passes, will I still be able to have insurance that will cover my private room and grooming services?

Will I still be able to see ANY doctor I want to like I currently do?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,636,828 times
If you keep private insurance, yes.

Nowhere in the bill does it say everyone must be on the public plan.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If you keep private insurance, yes.

Nowhere in the bill does it say everyone must be on the public plan.
BUT, the new "commissioner" is the one who is going to establish the coverages that insurance companies will carry.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 AM

481 posts, read 804,119 times
Thanks for posting this! I got that biased email myself. I immediately decided that the private insurance companies are putting out false information in order to protect their greedy gravy train.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
My insurance provides that I can go to any doctor I decide to see

My insurance will cover a private room - and has a couple of times recently
So you are projecting that all US citizens have this? Otherwise what is your point with rubbing the noses of those without such benefits with this tidbit?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is nice.

Now, if the plan that you advocate passes, will I still be able to have insurance that will cover my private room and grooming services?

Will I still be able to see ANY doctor I want to like I currently do?

Well..GD.. as it states in the OP You will be able to shop in the EXCHANGE..

The EXCHANGE sets up a MINIMUM standard of care.. meaning there will be OPTIONS to purchase insurance where carriers DO offer coverage for private rooms etc.

So yes.. if your insurance carrier, in the plan you select, offers to pay for a private room then you will have insurance that pays for private rooms.

ANd.. btw, if the insurance you are covered by meets the MINIMUM standard to be considered acceptable coverage (and according to all you've claimed about our insurance on these boards, it will) then you will be keeing the same insurance you have..

This bill does not force you to change insurance, does not force you to uprchase a public or government option..

Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Quote:
OK - now for some straight talk -

First off - the Democratic bill is in some serious trouble in the Congress - Support for the bill - even by Democrats, is falling - and falling quite a bit. One of the reasons for this problem is the "Public Option". At this point, that option has been REMOVED from the House version. There is tremendous opposition to the "Public Option" TM in the Congress - with MANY Democrats opposing it (the Blue Dog Dems).

First off - let's not guarantee anyone that the Dem bill will pass.

Then, there is the GOP bill which WILL GET HEARINGS and a vote

Last, the public option is in serious trouble - and that is a FACT
I've never cared for quotes by Adolf Hitler, but the situation like you mention (and having seen similar in the past), I'm often reminded of them...
- “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.”
- “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
- “All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

The OP is an example of the few who can think for themselves (and others), put an effort to debunk the lies and yet have to defend themselves. May be, this quote would also apply:
- “It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.”

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you are projecting that all US citizens have this? Otherwise what is your point with rubbing the noses of those without such benefits with this tidbit?
Not at all - but, if someone like me does want such coverages, I should be able to have them - don't you think?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
BUT, the new "commissioner" is the one who is going to establish the coverages that insurance companies will carry.

NO.. the new commissioner will set the MINIMUM STANDARD of coverage that must be offered to be considered acceptable insurance coverage under minimum standards..

SO.. let's just say your insurance company covers hospital stays.. which on a minimum level would mean a bed..any bed.. and the first 'level' so to speak is a NON PRIVATE room.. it DOES NOT MEAN that your carrier is now barred from offering MORE than the minimum.

the purpose of the minimum is because there are too many plans out there that are not really insurance that provides adequate coverage as to prevent financial destitution should an illness befall a person. It's called UNDERINSURANCE... the really cheap fly by night plans that really offer NOTHING>. and there are a lot of them out there.

That is why many of those that file bankruptcy due to medical bills (I believe it was something like 30% of the 50% that file) HAD INSURANCE.. just not ADEQUATE insurance and didnt even KNOW it. they were UNDERINSURED!

GD.. you are, by your own proclomations..an intelligent man.. So why not READ IT.. READ that section. NOWHERE does it say you can't purchase the additional coverages or levels that you want.. NO WHERE.. it only talks about establishing acceptable MINIMUM standards in order to be considered Adequate insurance !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies