Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And we all need to stand up and say so.

The freedom of anonymity on the internet has contributed to a sort of shamelessness in real life.

People shouldn't just feel embarrassment for their bad behavior, they should feel shame.

We are all Americans, and we all have to live together and work together. We have so many privileges as Americans, we should understand that privilege entails responsibility. Responsibility, like accountability, means owning your own actions. Union activists shouldn't get to rationalize their bad behavior because other people acted badly first. And people opposed to the health care legislation shouldn't get to rationalize their bad behavior because our legislators aren't 100% honest or ethical. No one is 100% honest or ethical. But we can expect better from ourselves. We can responsibly discuss issues and acknowledge what our biases are on those issues. We can do one hell of a lot better at these town meetings than we've done so far. And that means behaving responsibly.
Wow. What a concept. Talk things out. Be responsible.

I would guess that a large percentage of both sides don't care to discuss and act civilized since they can only accept things, when they have all of the pie (be it apple, cherry or blueberry).

Sharing is not in their vocabulary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Wow, I think you have officially traded in the koolaid for your 0bama glasses. You can't see the light since you're blinded by it.
Excuse me....but your post contains nothing.

I posted facts , and while your post is your opinion it still says nothing.

I watch the news and have seen disruption, I have read the reports, heard eye witnesses.....you offered nothing.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Can I jump in and ask a questions?
Why do they not have an agenda at these meetings?
I know I could not ever stand up in a city council meeting without being on the agenda?
Me thinks the politicians are enjoying the grandstanding.
They do have a agenda. It's not being followed, since some want to talk when they want to. The one meeting (that the incident took place) wasn't even on the government health care plan. The disruptor's came in and changed the subject. Watch the video on the right side of the St Lo Post page. As you notice it was a local "Forum on Aging" and not on national health care. But it was a chance to get camera time and hope trouble follows.

Last edited by plannine; 08-10-2009 at 07:59 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
I feel your pain. I really couldn't agree with you more. We are BROKE and only getting BROKER, if that's even a real word. It wouldn't surprise me if we had to invent a new word for the state of mess we're in. It is VERY serious.
You and mimimom have both said "we" are broke.....what exactly do you mean by that.....has the government stopped functioning?

Have all the armed forces come home and disbanded due to lack of money?

Have the courts all shut down because they couldn't pay their electric bill?
Is national security in danger because the CIA , FBI, etc. have disbanded since they can't pay their employees???

My government center is open and functioning today...isn't yours?

The only ones going broke are those who lost their jobs, need health care and can't afford it, or HAVE health care insurance and can't get the insurance company to pay for their care after an illness or accident.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You and mimimom have both said "we" are broke.....what exactly do you mean by that.....has the government stopped functioning?

Have all the armed forces come home and disbanded due to lack of money?

Have the courts all shut down because they couldn't pay their electric bill?
Is national security in danger because the CIA , FBI, etc. have disbanded since they can't pay their employees???

My government center is open and functioning today...isn't yours?

The only ones going broke are those who lost their jobs, need health care and can't afford it, or HAVE health care insurance and can't get the insurance company to pay for their care after an illness or accident.
I guess meaningless one liners are as deep as you get......

Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Did you get your education sitting on the sofa, with a bucket of KFC, watching TV?

The Dont Tread on Me Flag comes from the Colonies..the tail of the snake represented South Carolina.

The US Marines used it as their battle flag.

as the American Revolution grew closer, the snake began to see more use as a symbol of the colonies. In 1774, Paul Revere added it to the title of his paper, The Massachusetts Spy, as a snake joined to fight a British dragon.[1] In December 1775, Benjamin Franklin published an essay in the Pennsylvania Journal under the pseudonym American Guesser in which he suggested that the rattlesnake was a good symbol for the American spirit

I am astounded beyond belief..why do I come this site...
those americans were terrorist by todays standards

Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you believe some right wing conspiracy is encouraging violence???

of course, right wing wack jobs killed people listening to hannity or rush

Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have read a lot of it, and it tries to control too much of our lives, and it is a Trojan horse, and it will most certainly lead to a single payer government plan.

0bama has stated that he wants a single payer, universal health plan. Bonnie Fwank says a public option plan is the best way way to achieve a single payer plan. 0bama also wants to eliminate employer provided health insurance. Are you suggesting 0bama, who badly wants a single payer health care system, is not making another down payment on his health care plan?

Breitbart.tv » Uncovered Video: Obama Explains How His Health Care Plan Will ‘Eliminate’ Private Insurance

I'll agree with that. People should communicate their ideas, and not disrupt a meeting like some are doing. It would be me in the audience wishing to explain why I do not want 0bama's health insurance, and the crowd of people chanting and drowning out my voice.

But this is how some people express themselves. There are people were against the Iraq war, but but they do not choose to be disruptive like Code Pink and the Westboro Baptist Church.
Obam is not going to be President forever. How do you know so precisely what Obama "thinks" and what Obama "wants" other than the specific health care legislation which is being debated right now?

It amazes me that people are so paranoid that they fight against their own best interests, for example, fight again the public option in the health care bill.

COMPETITION. Key word. Competition for the insurance industry which is bleeding YOU to death right now.

Now I can understand why the health care / insurance industry doesn't want the public to have any option other than to buy THEIR PRODUCT. THEY want to get richer and richer and richer. However, I cannot understand why a CONSUMER would not want the greedy insurance industry to have competition.......why would you not want that industry to have to COMPETE for your money and your business so YOU will get the most for your money???

Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Lol you do realize people are paid to go to these town hall meetings and disrupt them right? Town hall meeting have become a joke because of the way the republicans have made them unauthentic.

Same tactics as the Brown Shirts used in the 30's, for precisely the same reason.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Obam is not going to be President forever. How do you know so precisely what Obama "thinks" and what Obama "wants" other than the specific health care legislation which is being debated right now?

It amazes me that people are so paranoid that they fight against their own best interests, for example, fight again the public option in the health care bill.

COMPETITION. Key word. Competition for the insurance industry which is bleeding YOU to death right now.

Now I can understand why the health care / insurance industry doesn't want the public to have any option other than to buy THEIR PRODUCT. THEY want to get richer and richer and richer. However, I cannot understand why a CONSUMER would not want the greedy insurance industry to have competition.......why would you not want that industry to have to COMPETE for your money and your business so YOU will get the most for your money???
Sorry, wayyyyy too much common sense and logic...your post will be ignored by the WealthyWorshippers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies