Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa coldone View Post
I don't want to see hysteria and disarray but it appears that is what they are fostering by ignoring the peoples grievances by tongue dancing around any discourse that doesn't align with their agenda.
I agree that it's way past high time for elected officials to realize they cant just mouth platitudes and insult the people any longer. I think it would be great if they HAD to come on local television twice a year and face a local town hall. I look forward to the first sen or rep who says okay, let's be here for a couple of hours - take turns and speak calmly and tell me what is on your minds, and I'll answer you honestly.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is proof all over the place;

You didn't see the memo/letter sent out by obama/DNC/SEIU encouraging union members to attend these town halls?

Organizing for America | OFA Blog: Message from the President: "This is the moment our movement was built for."
Unions To Take On Conservative Groups Health Care Town Halls
we better get screenshots of these before they disappear into the embarassment void.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
"I was at the event. My name is David Brown. I am an atty in St. Louis.

My friend, Kenneth Gladney, who is black, was passing out Don't Tread on Me Flags and Tea Party buttons at the end of the event to Tea Party supporters and conservatives.

He was then called a racial slur by two SEIU members. He was then attacked by two black males (SEIU reps) and white male, another SEIU rep., and a white woman. The punched him in the face and he fell to the ground.

He was then kicked and punched by all four. One fled on foot, and three were arrested. Kenneth was taken to St. John's Mercy Hospital to the emergency room.

He has suffered numerous injuries." .

Update: Violence erupts after Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-MO) town hall on health care, six arrests made (http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-St-Louis-Political-Buzz-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d7-Update--Violence-erupts-after-Rep-Russ-Carnahan-DMO-town-hall-on-health-care-six-arrests-made - broken link)

What does this have to do with Obama?

[MOD CUT/language]

There are so many people out doing stuff like this eveywhere in our country. I don't blame the President for Idiots fighting at a Rally.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-09-2009 at 06:47 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Lol you do realize people are paid to go to these town hall meetings and disrupt them right? Town hall meeting have become a joke because of the way the republicans have made them unauthentic.
Sad isn't it? The concerned American public has turned these authentic democrat talking point town hall meetings into a place where average citizens are confronting authority with their thoughts and ideas.

Democratic senators go out to town hall meetings to peddle their lies and misinform the public, and the American people, who actually read the senate health care plan, challenge these senators in public debate. It's just sad. how dare they, don't they know how historic this last election was???

Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is proof all over the place;

You didn't see the memo/letter sent out by obama/DNC/SEIU encouraging union members to attend these town halls?

Organizing for America | OFA Blog: Message from the President: "This is the moment our movement was built for."
Unions To Take On Conservative Groups Health Care Town Halls
The "message from the president" encourages people to turn out everywhere and counter the lies that are being spread -- which lies are what are making the town hall teabaggers hysterical in the first place.

You all are pretending Obama is somehow encouraging violence - provide proof please.

"typical Obama dumbass" -- SEIU does not equal Obama, and all SEIU people are not dumbasses. Is the "He's a A-rab" woman from the McCain rally a typical Republican?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You have NO proof AS USUAL that Obama sent them out....

BUT there IS proof that Repub jackals HAVE shut down townhall meetings ENDING THE RIGHT OF OTHERS TO FREE SPEECH!

These yellow-bellied cowards just scream, they do NOT discuss, nor do they let others discuss the issues....and then they tuck tail and RUN!!!!!!

Oh my! How brave! What great "patriots"....dog dirt, everyone and those that support their FASCIST tactics.
Really you are going to defend them attacking that man?

This is a new low it really is.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The "message from the president" encourages people to turn out everywhere and counter the lies that are being spread -- which lies are what are making the town hall teabaggers hysterical in the first place.

You all are pretending Obama is somehow encouraging violence - provide proof please.
Do you believe some right wing conspiracy is encouraging violence???

Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

White House to Democrats: 'Punch back twice as hard'

Well they did just that , They punched their selfs right into jail

Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really you are going to defend them attacking that man?

This is a new low it really is.

try not to say things that arent true.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
White House to Democrats: 'Punch back twice as hard'

Well they did just that , They punched their selfs right into jail

It wasnt talking about punching out fellow citizens -- and what youre talking about was for the congresspeople who were going to speak at town halls..

This might help: White House to Democrats: 'Punch back twice as hard' - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies