Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
"I was at the event. My name is David Brown. I am an atty in St. Louis.

My friend, Kenneth Gladney, who is black, was passing out Don't Tread on Me Flags and Tea Party buttons at the end of the event to Tea Party supporters and conservatives.

He was then called a racial slur by two SEIU members. He was then attacked by two black males (SEIU reps) and white male, another SEIU rep., and a white woman. The punched him in the face and he fell to the ground.

He was then kicked and punched by all four. One fled on foot, and three were arrested. Kenneth was taken to St. John's Mercy Hospital to the emergency room.

He has suffered numerous injuries." .

Update: Violence erupts after Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-MO) town hall on health care, six arrests made (http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-St-Louis-Political-Buzz-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d7-Update--Violence-erupts-after-Rep-Russ-Carnahan-DMO-town-hall-on-health-care-six-arrests-made - broken link)

This is one of a number of current posts you have titled "Obama" this or that, when obviously Obama has nothing to do with the video you are posting.

Your sreen name says logicwings but you are increasingly becoming more illogical with each post you misrepresent as having some relation to Obama!

Just be honest and state that no matter the means you will seek to discredit him no matter what he does and even if it means you have to lie. misrepresent, or ignore the truth!

In your next "obama did it" article could you actually post something with Obama in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
The "message from the president" encourages people to turn out everywhere and counter the lies that are being spread -- which lies are what are making the town hall teabaggers hysterical in the first place.
So..you're another of those that assumes obama/dems/libs own the truth?

Quote:
You all are pretending Obama is somehow encouraging violence - provide proof please.

"typical Obama dumbass" -- SEIU does not equal Obama, and all SEIU people are not dumbasses. Is the "He's a A-rab" woman from the McCain rally a typical Republican?
Organizing for America (ACORN), the SEIU and other union affiliates are just an extension of the democrat party. The are funding tens of millions to get HC rammed through, yet you have a problem with plain, ordinary, real folks voicing their opinions?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with Obama?
The WH put out the call to it's supporters to attend these TH and "push back".

Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

It wasnt talking about punching out fellow citizens -- and what youre talking about was for the congresspeople who were going to speak at town halls..

This might help: White House to Democrats: 'Punch back twice as hard' - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com
Except union thugs DID punch back...and were arrested.

Quite funny that it is Dem union thugs who have so far resorted to violence despite all the bleating from the leftists here....

Typical leftist behavior,when it comes down to it,attack your opposition.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So..you're another of those that assumes obama/dems/libs own the truth?

Organizing for America (ACORN), the SEIU and other union affiliates are just an extension of the democrat party. The are funding tens of millions to get HC rammed through, yet you have a problem with plain, ordinary, real folks voicing their opinions?
Organizing for America is not ACORN

But looking this up at Google I see that that lie is being fed to the rightie sheep now, too. You're too smart to get suckered by that one sanrene.

Plenty of organized conservatives, sorry.

Obviously I dont have a problem with plain, ordinary real folks voicing their opinions. These people are voicing talking points that they've been fed. If they sat down and read the proposed bill they wouldnt be screaming and yelling and waving their birth certificates, they'd have come to the town hall with a list of intelligent questions and statements.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sad isn't it? The concerned American public has turned these authentic democrat talking point town hall meetings into a place where average citizens are confronting authority with their thoughts and ideas.

Democratic senators go out to town hall meetings to peddle their lies and misinform the public, and the American people, who actually read the senate health care plan, challenge these senators in public debate. It's just sad. how dare they, don't they know how historic this last election was???
DUH! Someone else who hasn't a clue.

These "dissenters" did NOT want to discuss anything! They scream talking points, disrupt others who want to discuss it in an adult rational way effectively taking away their RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH...and these sleazy cowards RUN!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If you're hearing voices try holding your ears....and no, I won't wait to "hear" and answer or even see one....they never answer questions
your ear-splitting overusage of exclaimation points and incessant shriekazoid ways have put fractures in my monitor more than once.

here's an answer to your high-pitched wails:

my neighbor. and these folks.

but it's not at all surprising that you'dModerator cut: not necessary for an answer, then clap your hands over your ears when someone gives one...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-07-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Obviously I dont have a problem with plain, ordinary real folks voicing their opinions. These people are voicing talking points that they've been fed. If they sat down and read the proposed bill they wouldnt be screaming and yelling and waving their birth certificates, they'd have come to the town hall with a list of intelligent questions and statements.
You do not know this,you are just repeating the talking points YOU were fed from YOUR side....

Old 08-07-2009, 07:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
your ear-splitting overusage of exclaimation points and incessant shriekazoid ways have put fractures in my monitor more than once.

here's an answer to your high-pitched wails:

my neighbor. and these folks.

but it's not at all surprising that you'd ululate like a bereaved palestinian bomber's mother for an answer, then clap your hands over your ears when someone gives one...
Guess you don't have ANY FACTS or OPINIONS!!!

So sorry if that was loud.....how loud are those other voices you hear?????

Old 08-07-2009, 07:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sad isn't it? The concerned American public has turned these authentic democrat talking point town hall meetings into a place where average citizens are confronting authority with their thoughts and ideas.

Democratic senators go out to town hall meetings to peddle their lies and misinform the public, and the American people, who actually read the senate health care plan, challenge these senators in public debate. It's just sad. how dare they, don't they know how historic this last election was???
So...."the American people" have actually read the senate health care plan (dont know how, it's not out yet), they try to challenge these senators in public debate...is that how it's been going, Wapasha?

Is this like a special TV you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies