Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dear God, that was a typo. I should have just put DNC. Good grief.
I accept that, but "Democrat Party" is commonplace misusage among rightwingers. It indicates bias (or ignorance). It gets tiresome. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You know what they say, "never waste a good crisis."
you're on the wrong end of that statement.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
you're on the wrong end of that statement.
Is there a right end of that statement?

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
So what are the moderates amongst us - regardless of party - to do to get things back on track in this country?

ETA: I mean - w/ having a real dialogue and coming to some good solutions with accomplishing what needs to happen to address the needs of our citizens?

Quote:
Is there a right end of that statement?
there's a cannon-fodder end....

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
You know what they say, "never waste a good crisis."
The only "they" who say this are rightwingers.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
So what are the moderates amongst us - regardless of party - to do to get things back on track in this country?
Vote out a large portion of the current Congress on both sides.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's what Im asking in the OP, Jadex. Obama's platform was chock full of ideas and plans for turning this country around in a positive, healthy direction (still available to see at whitehouse.gov), though right now we're sidetracked by the fin crisis; what do the Rs suggest? NOTHING. They just want to exploit your fear and anger so they can get back into power.
What is the point of them suggesting anything havent you heard Obamas latest comments about not wanting to hear from them? Havent you heard about Pelosi

Dont you sit here and act like Obama hasnt tried to exploit anyones fear for his own use. Dont you remember hearing about how we must have the stimulus or we might not ever recover and that is just one example

I am getting sick of both of them and members of both parties. I have had it with the excuses and bs. I am not the only one getting sick of it either. When at what point and time do you put this county before a darn political party? I am being serious?

You sit here and act like its just republicans that use fear? Give me a break as far as I see it you and everyone else that doesnt demand the truth and only the truth and demand that they remember they work for us and work to protect our rights. Needs to get out of the way and find sometime to remember what this country is about.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Vote out a large portion of the current Congress on both sides.
That still doesn't solve the problem with all the rhetoric (and I mean - from both sides of the aisles - all the pundits).

Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
anifani, this is JMO but I really think Obama's platform is the right one to get us where we need to be. People say he's radical and hard left and all that but he's completely pragmatic. (Except that he's not addressing the illegal immigration question, but that's my only major complaint.) It's costing a lot of money and time to correct the economy but what's the alternative? We do need a safety-net health care plan for everyone who might need it; what's the alternative? blah blah blah, got to get some lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies