Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Wow, so it's a "freeper" list that is responsible! Talk about desperate! Even if what you say is true, the fact remains that Left wing enthusiasts could have voted in the same way. That poll wasn't limited to right wing voters. Why is it that conservatives are mocked for doing what liberals fail to do?

Nonetheless, I don't believe in any of these stupid conspiracy theories. I just think the majority of independent voters and some left wing voters in addition to conservative voters do not agree with the President's stance on health care.
Sorry, "Freeping" is pretty well known, and I posted links where they stated they were going to "Freep" the very poll you listed. It's not a conspiracy, it's well known on the internet, so well known that it even has it's own slang term "Freeping".

They flood the polls using email lists. That's why I don't put any credence into online polls that aren't conducted in a scientific matter. Fact is, if you are accepting text messages as votes, you can vote 1,000 times if you wish.

Take a statistics class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times
It might be more helpful if the actual healthcare plan was easier to read about. Most people are going on rumours.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Is this manufactured too? Did the GOP just round up 280,000 voters to give Obama a "D" for his health care efforts. 49% gave Obama an "F" for his Healthcare management.

CNN: Second 100 Days (http://reportcard.cnn.com/ - broken link)
Quote:
And remember this is a CNN poll not a Fox News poll.
The voting is done through Facebook and text messaging. Polls like this are usually worthless. There's nothing scientific about it at all. I would believe a Rasmussen poll before I'd believe an internet poll.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Wow, so it's a "freeper" list that is responsible! Talk about desperate! Even if what you say is true, the fact remains that Left wing enthusiasts could have voted in the same way. That poll wasn't limited to right wing voters. Why is it that conservatives are mocked for doing what liberals fail to do?
Did you also believe all of the internet polls last year that said something like 20% of Americans planned to vote for Ron Paul for President?

Polls where the voters are self-selected are pretty much meaningless. People are a lot more motivated to participate when they're angry about something than when they're content or happy about it.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Did you also believe all of the internet polls last year that said something like 20% of Americans planned to vote for Ron Paul for President?

Polls where the voters are self-selected are pretty much meaningless. People are a lot more motivated to participate when they're angry about something than when they're content or happy about it.
Again, Liberal/Democratic supporters had every opportunity to do the same and vote yet they didn't. Your excuses are quite weak. This poll wasn't limited by CNN to a select group of voters.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Sorry, "Freeping" is pretty well known, and I posted links where they stated they were going to "Freep" the very poll you listed. It's not a conspiracy, it's well known on the internet, so well known that it even has it's own slang term "Freeping".

They flood the polls using email lists. That's why I don't put any credence into online polls that aren't conducted in a scientific matter. Fact is, if you are accepting text messages as votes, you can vote 1,000 times if you wish.

Take a statistics class.
What you are arguing has nothing to do with statistics. And you are using hyperbole to explain texting and other issues. The point is why didn't the liberal/Democratic voters "flood polls using email lists" Perhaps, just perhaps, the majority Americans don't agree with you?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,939 times
Quote:
Again, Liberal/Democratic supporters had every opportunity to do the same and vote yet they didn't. Your excuses are quite weak. This poll wasn't limited by CNN to a select group of voters.
I guess liberals/Democratics had better things to do with their time than to organize a mass influx of negative votes for an unscientific online poll that doesn't make a bit of difference to anything to anyone in the real world.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
There is no organized group of liberals that I know of that do this... but if you want to show me some evidence go ahead. I showed you several links where the organized freepers said exactly what they were going to do.

Fact is, when there is a poll where you can vote more than once, it's not scientifically valid. Period. No matter which side it supports.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's a CNN poll that counts texts and Facebook messages. Not a scientific poll, easily manipulated.
That may be, but the President received much higher grades for his first 100 days using this very same poll.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
That may be, but the President received much higher grades for his first 100 days using this very same poll.
It doesn't matter, because neither set of data is scientifically correct.

Now compare them to the Presidential Approval Ratings of scientific polls, and you'll see the CNN poll is overwhelmingly skewed with F's. Because people go on and just vote straight down "F".

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-1044.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies