Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The amount of money currently spent with insurance companies in charge is astronomical and climbing every year--far beyond anything that a single-payer system would cost.

The insurance companies already cut off handicapped kids. Where is your--and Palin's-- "legitimate concern" about that?

Also, what part of "Palin is lying about the provision" did you not understand? And what part of "a REPUBLICAN introduced that provision" did you not understand?
NewtoCA had a valid point and was quite polite.

Why are you so condescending?

Did I speel thit rightt Jennnny?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
The amount of money currently spent with insurance companies in charge is astronomical and climbing every year--far beyond anything that a single-payer system would cost.

The insurance companies already cut off handicapped kids. Where is your--and Palin's-- "legitimate concern" about that?

Also, what part of "Palin is lying about the provision" did you not understand? And what part of "a REPUBLICAN introduced that provision" did you not understand?
Man, you are so partisan you can't see the forest from the trees.

Fortunately, the general public is starting to get a bit more hesitant to just support national health care proposals, and are getting more critical in their evaluation of a comprehensive program.

Again, I applaud Palin for bringing up the issue. Focusing on it is a major plus to me.

Sorry that you find critical evaluation so annoying, I guess it kind of ruins the "affirmative reality" some of you enjoy creating.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
NewtoCA had a valid point and was quite polite.

Why are you so condescending?

Did I speel thit rightt Jennnny?

Why are you trying to derail the thread?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Man, you are so partisan you can't see the forest from the trees.

Fortunately, the general public is starting to get a bit more hesitant to just support national health care proposals, and are getting more critical in their evaluation of a comprehensive program.

Again, I applaud Palin for bringing up the issue. Focusing on it is a major plus to me.

Sorry that you find critical evaluation so annoying, I guess it kind of ruins the "affirmative reality" some of you enjoy creating.
And once again, you avoid answering the FACT that Palin brought up no "issue." That she is frigging LYING. And that the provision she calls "Obama's Death Panel" was actually inserted by a REPUBLICAN senator. Yet you blithely ignore those facts. Talk about "being so partisan you can't see the forest for the trees."

Old 08-07-2009, 11:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The issue is that a national health care plan will ultimately need to have some type of cost controls. Within this context choosing who will be the "medical losers" is a legitimate concern for those of us with handicapped kids.

I applaud Palin for bringing up the issue for discussion, no matter the impact on the health care vote.
Palin brought up emotional scare tactics: ration care, kill grandma. Her goal is to help defeat health care reform and thereby help gain R seats in 2010. Make no mistake.

She doesnt mention that many health insurance companies discriminate against Down Syndrome patients.* She's using her own little boy for sleazy political purposes. If she cared about the handicapped children of parents not as well off as she is she would show it. But she does NOT.

* The National Down Syndrome Congress:
Health Care Insurance Reform - National Down Syndrome Congress (http://www.ndsccenter.org/resources/position6.php - broken link)

Old 08-07-2009, 11:11 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Why are you trying to derail the thread?

Why are you so nasty?

Stick to the topic and don't be condescending.

Answer politely, state your opinion in a polite manner, and pretend "MOM" is in the room.

I know you can do it.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Wanna discuss sumthin'?
*L* As if you have something to offer. Now be quiet and learn something from MovingForward's and KsStorm's posts.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Palin brought up emotional scare tactics: ration care, kill grandma. Her goal is to help defeat health care reform and thereby help gain R seats in 2010. Make no mistake.

She doesnt mention that many health insurance companies discriminate against Down Syndrome patients.* She's using her own little boy for sleazy political purposes. If she cared about the handicapped children of parents not as well off as she is she would show it. But she does NOT.

Health Care Insurance Reform - National Down Syndrome Congress (http://www.ndsccenter.org/resources/position6.php - broken link)

I don't agree with you.

She's against "nationalized" health care that has failed miserably in other countries.

And I seriously doubt that she's using her child to promote her "agenda".

Talk to her first, then come back and let us know.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*L* As if you have something to offer. Now be quiet and learn something from MovingForward's and KsStorm's posts.
Pleez.

Do a post history on me and REALLY learn sumthin'....

C'mon Jen, lighten up.

It's all good....

Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Disagree here, rationing of care is a very legitimate issue. The discussion of cost control needs to be really critically evaluated, especially if it can have "enhanced" life or death impacts on specific segments of our society.

I appreciate her making this a specific item of discussion. I don't object to her bringing up her kid at all.

Nobody said todays system is perfect, but many of us have health insurance that provides excellent care for our handicapped kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies