Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
I'm not projecting anything. The President of the United States IS one of the most powerful persons on the planet. He wanted the job.

I actually despise anyone who presumes to make their living by making rules for others to follow. (I.e. I hate all politicians. I think the coercive power of government is inherently evil and corrupt.)

If you go into politics, it's because you want to use the coercive force of government to force your agenda on others. Some people WILL resent it, no matter how benign you pretend to be. So if you've got the balls to do such a presumtuous thing, then have the balls to accept the criticism of the people you resume to rule.
I'll just disagree, and people around the globe just roll their eyes when they hear this sort of talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:00 PM

683 posts, read 824,773 times
why isn't pelosi on "thin ice" for referring to the american people as "nazi's carrying swastikas"?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well now. What possible difference could it make if the liberals organized and in their paranoia carried bush=hitler signs (and worse) while marching in an anti-war protest, committing acts of vandalism and violence, infiltrating committee hearings where bush officials are testifying (disrupting) compared to ONE women holding a sign with a line through a swastika.

You are full of it regarding the building being full. There are videos of the SEUI employees being let in ahead of those standing in line. They filled the meeting with obama supporters, just like he does with his town halls.
Yes, I expected more moral equivalency BS.

You're buying into the same paranoia. And apparently you have access to some video I haven't seen!

And you know what? If the people you speak of in your first paragraph broke the law, then they should pay the price for that. I don't know what kind of twisted minds decide that if someone complains about something, they MUST support someone ELSE'S bad behavior, just because they happen to be on one side of the aisle or the other. But hey, the growing rightie mentality these days pretty much boils down to a game of Simple Simon, so I suppose I shouldn't be terribly surprised...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:05 PM

189 posts, read 335,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I'll just disagree, and people around the globe just roll their eyes when they hear this sort of talk.
Of course they do. They're used to being slaves. They rolled their eyes at America's founders when they said we didn't need a monarch too. Slowly but surely humanity will evolve and begin to realize that coercing and controlling others, even under the guise of "helping" or "serving" them is evidence of moral bankruptcy and mental illness.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
now that is a new level in name calling. calling AA president a white supremist.

He is not AA. Sorry to burst you bubble but he is not AA.

He cannot be the first AA President like you would love to see because he is not AA.

Rush has the right to say what he wants, its called freedom of speech and if the WH is trying to shut them down it will only tick off the millions of listeners Rush has.

What is wrong with people speaking out? We had to hear the left wing wack jobs for 8 years on Bush. What comes around goes around I say.

And with this loser doing such a terrible job lets just say this. You aint seen nothing yet!!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
why isn't pelosi on "thin ice" for referring to the american people as "nazi's carrying swastikas"?

Because it is different for a loon to say things like this.

She should have been removed from her job because she is a government employee and Rush is not.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
As I have said before, Obama is being criticized (unfairly) for not correcting Bush's 8 years of bad policies that have all lead us to the current economic mess.
No, he's being criticized because instead of doing anything that would correct the problems, he's doing things that make the problems worse. Privage companies took huge risks with their money and the money of their investors. They lost. Would it have been painful for those banks to go under? Sure. But he made it worse, bailing out those banks with OUR money. Private companies got into lousy labor agreements with an ever demanding union, leading those companies into a position where they couldn't compete with foregin manufacturers, so they failed. Would it have hurt if those companies went bancrupt? Sure, it probably would have, at least to a degree. And they would have reorganized, likely without those crushing labor agreements, and emerged as competetive entities again. But instead of letting them, he injected huge amounts of OUR money into those comnpanies so that they could continue to do business in the same old fashion, under the weight of those same crushing union contracts, but now they can't fail becasue they have the backing of the US government and the promise of more of our money. Is health care expensive in America, and does the system we use to pay for it need to be fixed? It surely does. But he's demanding we let the government pay for our health insurance, which does nothing to reduce the cost of health care, but moves the onus of payment onto the federal government, which is going to have to come up with tons of additional money to pay for it all, ands which will put the government in position to regulate what we can get or not get.

Quote:
I do not think that Obama is above criticism but I do think that he is being criticized unfairly for policies which he can not correct overnight.
See above.

Quote:
I also believe that a lot of the people who are criticizing Obama(the birthers the "he's a Muslim" crowd, etc) are simply covering up the real reasons why they do not like him which have absolutely nothing to do with his job as President so far.
Yes, there are some racists out there. The overwhelming majority, however, are not racists, and would not be criticizing the man if they thought he was doing a good job. But he's not. And that's the REAL REASON they are criticizing him.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:12 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yes, I expected more moral equivalency BS.

You're buying into the same paranoia. And apparently you have access to some video I haven't seen!
Here's access to the video.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
And?

I just hear a bunch of assumptions.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:18 PM

189 posts, read 335,646 times
Let's pretend for a moment that we don't know who these two people are, nor their political affiliations. Perhaps then we might make an impartial judgement, instead of taking sides based our own prejudices...

Asshat #1 shoots his mouth off about Asshat #2. Asshat #2 THREATENS Asshat #1. Who is the bigger asshat?

In my humble opinion, Asshat #2 is the bigger asshat.

Ok. Everyone please continue with your "my side is always right because it's my side" arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies