Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times

Advertisements

Asked and answered my friend. If you couldn't understand it from my previous posts I simply can't dumb down my prose enough to assist you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,418,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Really? SO you have just dismissed all the folks out there who are coming to these meetings and are very upset b/c they are being jerked around with non-answers, equivocating and obfuscation?

You just dismissed a lot of people with that statement!
Huh?

I think you got things confused. The organization for the disrupting and silencing came first and, like with the Tea Party thing (because it's the same people involved), it was not a grass roots effort. It was manufacturing. Now people are showing up and being disruptive and silencing all by themselves because they took their cues on how to act badly from the original non-grass roots organizers. If that's "getting organized" in your mind,......ok.

How can people get answers if they don't want to listen?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:21 AM

1,133 posts, read 711,090 times
1. The Obama house & senate majority are serving to create a new government entity larger than any before. The government can not manage to keep social security sacred from its other theft schemes. How could it keep its hands off this scheme. Do you not see what is happening here? The takeover of the banks, the automobile industry the health care system. My God man were you born under a rock? If we don't stop these people we are finished as a country. What remains will not be worth defending. You will get your one world government, if not, the differences will not be worth recording.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Asked and answered my friend. If you couldn't understand it from my previous posts I simply can't dumb down my prose enough to assist you.
You can't or won't answer the question. Best I can make out from your response is that these tactics serve the future of health care because they let the officials know they aren't happy with what they've been told (by lying special interests out to dupe them). That's a really bad strategy if your purpose is to do anything more than sabotage the legislation. Go thinking you know everything, try to shout down any questions that might provide information, shout down any answer you get that disagrees with the misinformation you've been fed.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You can't or won't answer the question. Best I can make out from your response is that these tactics serve the future of health care because they let the officials know they aren't happy with what they've been told (by lying special interests out to dupe them). That's a really bad strategy if your purpose is to do anything more than sabotage the legislation. Go thinking you know everything, try to shout down any questions that might provide information, shout down any answer you get that disagrees with the misinformation you've been fed.

You see it is this type of condesention that can kill reform all by itself. People are very well informed and have legititmate concerns. Being dimissed ridiculous and dupes of the insurance companies leads to the kind of outrage being exhibited at the town hall meetings.

Ultimately something will pass that addresses their concerns. It will probably not have a public option and will cost a lot less and debate will be fully transparent. All the goals of the majority of the people.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
""Why is that a lie, you do understand I am not IN the Navy anymore and dont have the care I used to, so now you just look incredibly ignorant, trying to tell me what I would have to do when you and I have never met.
and Good for YOU, you found YOUR instead of you're""

I don't think you were ever in the Navy, because if you had been you would know about the VA Hospital system.. Maybe not the best care but if you had 16 years active duty it would be free to you...

The only way you would not be able to use the VA is if you had a less than honorable discharge from the Navy.
You are an Mistaken (I changed the expletive I was using), I make too much money to get free medical in the VA, and it does not cover the rest of my family.

2nd, I am not near a VA hospital, and you did say emergency surgery. Maybe you should define emergency.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:33 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
The only thing dumb about the post pal is your reactionary tantrum. There is one more thing dumb though. If you don't have enough brains to go to the VA and get your personal health care maybe you won't have enough sense to get to the Obama clinic for a tongue depressor.
I am 5 hours away from the nearest VA, and I once again, I don't qualify from free treatment as I make too much, so Im dependent on the health care I have local. Guess you don't know everything, like you claim.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You see it is this type of condesention that can kill reform all by itself. People are very well informed and have legititmate concerns. Being dimissed ridiculous and dupes of the insurance companies leads to the kind of outrage being exhibited at the town hall meetings.

Ultimately something will pass that addresses their concerns. It will probably not have a public option and will cost a lot less and debate will be fully transparent. All the goals of the majority of the people.
You won't clarify a comment you made. No, you can't clarify a comment you made because it makes no sense.

Anyone with a legitimate concern should go to a meeting, ask his questions, get answers and listen to the questions and answers by other. Once again I am force to ask, "How is their genuine interest in the future of health care served by shouting down speakers and not allowing others to ask questions?"

Old 08-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You won't clarify a comment you made. No, you can't clarify a comment you made because it makes no sense.

Anyone with a legitimate concern should go to a meeting, ask his questions, get answers and listen to the questions and answers by other. Once again I am force to ask, "How is their genuine interest in the future of health care served by shouting down speakers and not allowing others to ask questions?"
Asked and answer. See what I get for trying to treat some folks like adults? I've learned my lesson.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,898,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Who says you have to be part of a national health plan? You keep your insurance, and they can keep theirs. Choices are nice dontca think?
Sounds good, until you realize that you are paying for "yours" and "theirs" all at the same time ..

How can this be? You might ask ... it's simple really ... Taxes

The Gov is going to stick-it-to-ya regardless of what you think you are choosing ... there are "no choices" with todays government, and most of us that reside out here in the real world already knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies