Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:18 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have to agree with you completely about this subject. I brought along the About Us part of the MediaMatters home page for Meson and will post it here, where meson will surely see it.

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Using the website mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions.

They twist and spin words they don't like to sound more like the libs that use them as a source for their thinking want to hear.

There is more. Who runs Media Matters? David Brock universally viewed as a liar by both the left and the right.

David Brock, liar. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 11:20 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There is more. Who runs Media Matters? David Brock universally viewed as a liar by both the left and the right.

David Brock, liar. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine
And who created it in the first place for George Soros?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
I don't care what or who Media Matters is about, I use their argument to back up what I can clearly see in the original video, Media Matters got it right.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
I wonder if Mr. Gladney's insurance provider will cover the emergency room bills for the treatment of his injuries. It would be very ironic if his insurance refuses to pay and he has to pay out of his own pocket.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
I am disgusted that this thread has to be immediately broken in to a race banter...this was an American peacefully protesting outside...not against America but against an ideology he disagrees with.

Color has nothing to do with it.

Stop drudging up the **** and focus on what really happened. It is wrong no matter who gets pummeled. Anti-Bush, Anti-Obama, Anti-war, Anti-corruption - whatever the political ire...do you really want dissent to be beaten in to silence and submission instead of freedom of exchange and debate?

Our 'average citizens' are being reduced by the media and elite as simpletons, and hand-picked examples on both sides are being offered as representations of the whole.

Unfortunately it is neccessary. When racism is spewed it must have sunlight shone upon it as it is the best disinfectant. Showing the left as hypocritical is an added bonus.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:23 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The video speaks for itself, don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the "victim" wasn't injured.....he is a scammer.

Yeah! Beat him again for being uppity. I am sure that the Obama thugs will get another crack at him, so don't be so dissappointed. This time they may use water cannon and dogs. I wonder if they will paint a symbol for conservatives on the door of thier buisnesses so all real "liberals" will know who to beat up and break a few windows when necessary. I hope the symbol is easy to draw.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I don't care what or who Media Matters is about, I use their argument to back up what I can clearly see in the original video, Media Matters got it right.

Yes yes, we get it you see it one way the rest of the world sees it another. Of course you and David Brock are right and everyone else is wrong. Well done.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 AM

479 posts, read 660,914 times
Where can we donate to his legal fund? I will be willing to pony up a few bucks to see the brownshirts spend a few days in jail.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Where can we donate to his legal fund? I will be willing to pony up a few bucks to see the brownshirts spend a few days in jail.
Try scam-defenders dot org....

Old 08-10-2009, 03:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I think purple shirts should less like Nazi talk like Madame Peeloosly talks about. They sport their purple shirts just as ACORN does its bright reds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies